• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Philly's alone. :(

Tiger

User is banned.
Just came out of the shower and saw this. Dam @philly this really sucks. Each of your staff went out with personal gains :/.

Tortas

User is banned.
@Philly, @Beware was the best man, let him explain first.

Color

This is getting ridiculous. Well, on the bright side, at least the forum is being cleaned up.

Ten

User is banned.
Trilogy said:
Except for Hope, Michael sold Bryan his account.

He was inactive for 2 months anyway and to me his story didn't really add up.

Ari

Power member.
May be a sign to stop hiring a bunch of teenagers as your staff

Yuuki

If you need a truthful and trustworthy Mod let me know @Philly I'd be more than happy to help you out.​

αяυη

Power member.
@Philly just a note also:

When considering new staff/admins you should consider hiring someone from a different timezone to yourself and someone who is active.
The reason I suggest this is that all of these things which caused previous staff to be banned has seemed to happen whilst you were not active on the forum.
Maybe baring this in mind, it might not happen again. I should hope not anyway.

Vinc

Onyx user!
In the time I'm on here 3 staff/mod whatever scammed? Damn..Nobody can be trust!

Tiger

User is banned.
Triad said:
If you need a truthful and trustworthy Mod let me know @Philly I'd be more than happy to help you out.​
Read the thread m8. Philly said don't bother. He will pick out who he thinks deserves it.

Absolute

Power member.
Maybe this is a good thing? Now you can start off the new year with a fresh new team of staff that you've carefully picked so they can all make the site better than it already was in 2014.
But anywhore, best of luck to you @Philly and who ever you decide to pick as staff.

jason

Triad said:
You, along with many users would be interested in "helping" out. I am not going to flaunt the idea that it is firmly tenure that counts, but I will patiently await the day a 2014 user is promoted to Staff or Moderator. Now let me be clear that it isn't impossible because tenure has very little bearing on becoming a forum team member, or at least should not solely dictate one's ability to moderate a forum. The more time generally means the more experience with the particular forum. If being a part of the forum team is your goal, by all means good luck, brother.

Any who. Not once in my three years as a member of Forum Korner and well over five years on online forums boards have I seen an entire Staff team disintegrate in the blink of an eye. It's truly a shame. This is what happens when money hungry hippos are given even the slightest chance to make chump change. Staff members are supposed to be a representative of the forum(s) they moderate. They're not supposed to "go out with a bang," especially after putting an endless amount of hours to become Staff and to maintain Staff. It is absolutely pathetic, but in the end, it is their time wasted. Not ours. You're all hopeless.

I truly hope this week's happenings have no bearing on users' thoughts toward Staff. This forum has had plenty of good Staff members that were not in it for the money or to scam innocent users. Don't let a few ignorant assholes diminish Staff's good side.

@"Gr33d", @"м¢ℓσνιη", @Poe, @"Cann!bal", @Justice, etc.

In a time of need such as this, I would like to leave this here for the users' sake. Good luck, ladies and gentlemen.

Spaceman

User is banned.
If you need cuddling, you know where to go. ;)

Phenomix

User is banned.
Jason said:
You, along with many users would be interested in "helping" out. I am not going to flaunt the idea that it is firmly tenure that counts, but I will patiently await the day a 2014 user is promoted to Staff or Moderator. Now let me be clear that it isn't impossible because tenure has very little bearing on becoming a forum team member, or at least should not solely dictate one's ability to moderate a forum. The more time generally means the more experience with the particular forum. If being a part of the forum team is your goal, by all means good luck, brother.

Any who. Not once in my three years as a member of Forum Korner and well over five years on online forums boards have I seen an entire Staff team disintegrate in the blink of an eye. It's truly a shame. This is what happens when money hungry hippos are given even the slightest chance to make chump change. Staff members are supposed to be a representative of the forum(s) they moderate. They're not supposed to "go out with a bang," especially after putting an endless amount of hours to become Staff and to maintain Staff. It is absolutely pathetic, but in the end, it is their time wasted. Not ours. You're all hopeless.

I truly hope this week's happenings have no bearing on users' thoughts toward Staff. This forum has had plenty of good Staff members that were not in it for the money or to scam innocent users. Don't let a few ignorant assholes diminish Staff's good side.

@"GrƷƷd", @"м¢ℓσνιη", @Poe, @"Cann!bal", @Justice, etc.

I couldn't have said that any better, bravo! Although it helps to have tenure, as it shows that you know the in's and out's of the forum, and hopefully have gotten a feel for how the members of ForumKorner act; it shouldn't and isn't all that is taken into consideration when a staff member is chosen. In my understanding, @Philly also takes into the effect of how mature, and said member's ability to successfully moderate a forum. For example, I'm sure some members who signed up in 2012, or even 2011 when the forum started, have been blacklisted, just because of how they act.

Now, there will be the few, immature members, who don't look past this, and start to state that all staff members are "corrupt" because of the actions of the few. In my opinion, the idiom "One rotten apple spoils the barrel", is not necessarily true. Perhaps, one might be able to use peer pressure to affect another member, but I highly doubt this will go for every staff member, past and future.

Fresh

Power member.
Radical said:
Too bad @fresh resigned from staff after a day.
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]True but at the time they seemed to be doing well and I would have been happy with Moderator but it wasn't a thing. I'm just not around as much anymore to be Staff. And yes I have never scammed or ever wanted to but there are other around the forum like that I think. Think Philly can find some new people. [/font]

TheFlow

Power member.
Jason said:

@"GrƷƷd", @"м¢ℓσνιη", @Poe, @"Cann!bal", @Justice, etc.
i do believe you were quite the beautiful mod yourself ;) xD @jason

And yeah this is pretty true, but at the same time more experinced people from HF(or other marketplace forums) could have came in here aswell just randomly one day or my word of say. :p Like i was an Admin for a pretty big WoW marketplace forum for a good while in the past (aswell as extremely reputable on a runescape marketplace forum) :p

But yeah i get what you're sayin nice post :D

Raptor

Power member.
I miss the old staff team with McLovin tbh, so much drama revolves around the staff team these days.