• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

[Official] The Barons - OPEN

Sir

knight_jouster.gif

Recruiting!

Requirements:
  • Must not have an active warning for LQP.
  • No low quality posting, or spam.
  • No flaming other members.
  • Your grammar must be readable and easily understood. I expect common knowledge of punctuation.
  • Negative reputation is allowed, just not a vast quantity of it.
  • Must be interested in the art of verbal battle.

Introduction:
The Barons is a group largely devoted to the passion of debate, and the spark of philosophy. We look for diamonds in the rough, those who can speak their mind, and enjoy being heard. Do note, this is an official group, and will be all set up tomorrow. Persuasion is Key.

What it means to be a Baron:
  • A Baron will not flame others, no matter how heated the debate becomes.
  • A Baron will contribute to the Philosophy and Debate section.
  • A Baron will enjoy the right to verbally spar with others.
  • A Baron will not participate in spam or low quality postage.

Userbar:
c282c1eb1c4da76e9767881232544de1.png

426a933a1063f8d8bb8ada4470f3d839.png

Group Image:

Baron.png

Group Signature:
thebarons1.png

Code:
[img]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4478/thebarons1.png[/img]

thebarons2.png

Code:
[img]http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/5122/thebarons2.png[/img]
Thanks GameOver!

s8VfP.gif

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/s8VfP.gif[/img]
Thanks Legend!

Application Format:

Code:
[color=#FF4500][font=Monotype Corsiva][SIZE=5]Nick/Name:[/SIZE][/font][/color] 
[color=#FF4500][font=Monotype Corsiva][SIZE=5]Age:[/SIZE][/font][/color]
[color=#FF4500][font=Monotype Corsiva][SIZE=5]Country/State:[/SIZE][/font][/color]
[color=#FF4500][font=Monotype Corsiva][SIZE=5]How good are you at thinking on your feet:[/SIZE][/font][/color] 
[color=#FF4500][SIZE=5][font=Monotype Corsiva]Is your opinion important to you:[/font][/SIZE][/color]
[color=#FF4500][SIZE=5][font=Monotype Corsiva]State whether you participate or have participated in a Debate program:[/font][/SIZE][/color]

Current Leader:

I am the only person who can accept or decline you from the group.

Do not do this after you apply:

1. Do not Private Message me about your application.
2. You may post or PM me your questions that don't pertain to your application.
3. If you aren't accepted, feel free to re-apply after 3 weeks have passed.

Remember joining a group is strictly a privilege, leaders are not obligated to accept new members.

Thanks Phreak for allowing me to use your template.​

Legend_mybb_import1694

RE: [Official] The Barons - Open Tomorrow

I am saving this spot for my application tomorrow. But anyways, this seems like an interesting group to be a part of. But do you have any graphics for your group?

Nick/Name: Legend
Age: 14 and I believe age is not a limitation factor, but knowledge is.
Country/State: United States/Florida
How good are you at thinking on your feet: I believe i'm pretty good, but thats my opinion.
Is your opinion important to you: Of course it is, if my opinion wasn't important, I wouldn't be who I am now.
State whether you participate or have participated in a Debate program: I have participated in a Debate program, it is called Model UN you're assigned a country in the world and other people are assigned countries also. All of you are assigned the same topic to argue. You get one hour to debate who ever makes the strongest argument wins.

Tatz

Nick/Name: Tatz
Country/State: USA
How good are you at thinking on your feet: I'm extremely good at thinking on my feet. Took a lot of practice but I'm there now.
Is your opinion important to you: Is my opinion important to myself? It can be. It really depends on the situation, sometimes it isn't, and sometimes it is.
State whether you participate or have participated in a Debate program: Not an official debate program, but just a lot of debate in general. I believe myself to be quite skilled at it.

Sir

Legendâ„¢ said:
I am saving this spot for my application tomorrow. But anyways, this seems like an interesting group to be a part of. But do you have any graphics for your group?
At the moment, no.
Sky said they would make my Userbar tomorrow, but I still need a Group Image and a header xD
Right now I'm just using what the icon will be for our Userbar for our header.

Legend_mybb_import1694

Sir said:
  • A Baron will enjoy the right the verbally spar with others.

There is a grammatical error in this sentence: A Baron will enjoy the right the verbally spar with others.

It should be: A Baron will enjoy the right to verbally spar with others.

Roobik

Nick/Name: Igor
Country/State: Canada
How good are you at thinking on your feet: Really good, I feel like I have a superior awereness level. I can also create illusions on the spot.
Is your opinion important to you: Obviously, my opinion is my own thought; and I listen to myself.
State whether you participate or have participated in a Debate program: I participate in any challenge that arises, like the resent ps3 debates that have been sprouting on MF.

F3aRâ„¢

User is banned.

Nick/Name: F3aRâ„¢
Country/State: USA/Az
How good are you at thinking on your feet: Very good. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have been invited/accepted to join my schools varsity football team.
Is your opinion important to you: Yes because it's what I believe and most of the time I want to share it with others to get my point across enough so they understand me.
State whether you participate or have participated in a Debate program: I started a thread and a couple random threads around the forum.

Sir

Legendâ„¢ said:
Sir said:
  • A Baron will enjoy the right the verbally spar with others.

There is a grammatical error in this sentence: A Baron will enjoy the right the verbally spar with others.

It should be: A Baron will enjoy the right to verbally spar with others.
Aww shit, sorry, was working on so many things to set this up. Fixed.

Legend_mybb_import1694

No problem, I just wanted to help you out a bit. But anyways Sir, I believe you should just let the recruitment begin today, there isn't much of a reason to wait until tomorrow.

Sir

Ehh, well, I can't exactly recruit people at the moment xD
Crayo hasn't fully set up the permissions, and I'm not even a leader at the moment. If you look, it isn't even in your User CP yet.

Legend_mybb_import1694

Try private messaging Wreck I believe he would be able to set-up your group for you. And if you recruit me as co-leader with you, I could help you out.

Sir

Legendâ„¢ said:
Try private messaging Wreck I believe he would be able to set-up your group for you. And if you recruit me as co-leader with you, I could help you out.
I believe you need access to the Admin CP to set up groups.

Haha, you guys are gonna be piranhas. I'll see how you do before you get a chance at leadership :grin:

Legend_mybb_import1694

Just private message Wreck anyways and see what will happen. I think he might be able to set things up.

F3aRâ„¢

User is banned.

Steelmob is quite new, does he even know how to set these kind of stuff up?

Legend_mybb_import1694

Steelmob owned www.sleekmarket.net and still does. He set it up and got it on it's feet. He knows quite a bit about MyBB, so I believe he knows how to set up a group. But regarding SleekMarket, the database was tooken and was merged with this forum's database.

F3aRâ„¢

User is banned.

I know that but I didn't know if he was the owner or just a admin. But they should be able to help.

Legend_mybb_import1694

Sir, did you get a reply from any of them yet?