• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

If you believe in God, why?

Mal

Joker said:
The milky way is massive, I think we were created out of pure luck. 

But wait, what if.. wait for it..

what if we're a little earth to a massive space of other form of humans that created us to test out cancers/illness' on us and our 50-80 year life span is a mere few weeks to them1!!11!11
Cant tell if youre making fun of me or not lol

Aesop

User is banned.
I love when people say someone is delusional for believing in God. You're delusional for not believing in any possibility of a higher power. You don't even know how you got here and you don't even know what any of this is that we're experiencing. How can you assume that a magical man that created the whole Universe is impossible? If life is possible then who the fuck are you to say that something isn't? I'm not a religious freak or anything but I do believe that a God could exist. It is also possible that God doesn't exist, but no one will ever know for sure so having deep discussions about it is pretty pointless.

All of you that treat God as a joke because you don't believe he exists better hope you're right because who knows what's going to happen to you if he is real lmao.

NULLNULLNULL

User is banned.
Aesop said:
I love when people say someone is delusional for believing in God. You're delusional for not believing in any possibility of a higher power. You don't even know how you got here and you don't even know what any of this is that we're experiencing. How can you assume that a magical man that created the whole Universe is impossible? If life is possible then who the fuck are you to say that something isn't? I'm not a religious freak or anything but I do believe that a God could exist. It is also possible that God doesn't exist, but no one will ever know for sure so having deep discussions about it is pretty pointless.

All of you that treat God as a joke because you don't believe he exists better hope you're right because who knows what's going to happen to you if he is real lmao.

I see where you're coming from, but why is there a precedent that we should consider all claims as plausible until disproved? An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence, otherwise there is no reason to believe it. Also, your argument is based in the god of the gaps fallacy. Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean that a supernatural force is at work. You have to remember that a claim of god is unfalsifiable. God cannot be proved or disproved just by the nature of the claim. Because of this, atheism and agnosticism seem like the most rational ways of thinking about a god. And nice use of Pascal's wager, its still a terribly flawed argument.

HUNNID

User is banned.
Glitch said:
Anyone else remember when @Michael would post a 12 page essay for these threads

Yes I do, I would often get in debates with him about this lol. I went inactive on FK for a while but why did he get banned?

Aesop

User is banned.
wash said:
I see where you're coming from, but why is there a precedent that we should consider all claims as plausible until disproved? An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence, otherwise there is no reason to believe it. Also, your argument is based in the god of the gaps fallacy. Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean that a supernatural force is at work. You have to remember that a claim of god is unfalsifiable. God cannot be proved or disproved just by the nature of the claim. Because of this, atheism and agnosticism seem like the most rational ways of thinking about a god. And nice use of Pascal's wager, its still a terribly flawed argument.
my posts was just to the retarded atheists that have no respect for people that believe in God

Depressed

Honestly, in my opinion, many people just use God as a thought to escape the fact that we are all born to die. 75% of Christianity would die off if God didn't promise everyone who is "Sin Free" a reserved place in heaven

any

User is banned.
I grew up in a super religious household where I was taught to believe in God and everything of the sort. I was a very religious child, to the point where I would talk about god non-stop. Then, when I started to grow up more, bad things started happening to my family (people dying, divorce, shit like that), and I questioned my faith. I thought "If god exists, how could he let my family go through such heartbreak?" My question was never answered, and now I have no affiliations with religion anymore.

Well, there's my little rant lol.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Aesop said:

I don't think I have ever met or seen an atheist who will tell you a god is 100% impossible and I've been part of the atheist community for years now. This is a total misrepresentation of atheists. Truthfully, I've seen many claiming it is as wrong as someone who claims there is a god.

"To assume this, is to assume your god is dumb enough to fall for your stupid-ass insurance plan. It also assumes your particular god and sect to be real and discards all other possible god and sect combinations despite the equivalent amount of evidence between them all.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pascal's_wager"

I think everyone is pretty desensitized to the concept of hell by now, but I think you ought to recognize what you just said. You just laughed at the thought of all atheists burning in hell for eternity while you're in heaven. That's demented and disgusting shit.

Aesop

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
I don't think I have ever met or seen an atheist who will tell you a god is 100% impossible and I've been part of the atheist community for years now. This is a total misrepresentation of atheists. Truthfully, I've seen many claiming it is as wrong as someone who claims there is a god.

"To assume this, is to assume your god is dumb enough to fall for your stupid-ass insurance plan. It also assumes your particular god and sect to be real and discards all other possible god and sect combinations despite the equivalent amount of evidence between them all.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pascal's_wager"

I think everyone is pretty desensitized to the concept of hell by now, but I think you ought to recognize what you just said. You just laughed at the thought of all atheists burning in hell for eternity while you're in heaven. That's demented and disgusting shit.
I don't give a fuck about anyone's feelings that I don't know personally. I don't know if you're one of the many people that pretend to care about people that you don't know, but let's be honest man, we all know about the harsh realities of this cruel world. If someone that you did not know was tortured for months and then murdered you wouldn't give a shit about them. You see it as a terrible tragedy, but you can't possibly care because you don't know them and you didn't have to experience what they did. If there is a God and he decides to damn all atheists to hell then I can't do shit about it. I wasn't referring to atheists as a whole, I was mainly just talking to the first couple people that posted saying you're delusional if you believe in a God. I will lmao at them burning in hell if they mock God their whole lives and he turns out to be real.

cas

Aesop said:
I don't give a fuck about anyone's feelings that I don't know personally. I don't know if you're one of the many people that pretend to care about people that you don't know, but let's be honest man, we all know about the harsh realities of this cruel world. If someone that you did not know was tortured for months and then murdered you wouldn't give a shit about them. You see it as a terrible tragedy, but you can't possibly care because you don't know them and you didn't have to experience what they did. If there is a God and he decides to damn all atheists to hell then I can't do shit about it. I wasn't referring to atheists as a whole, I was mainly just talking to the first couple people that posted saying you're delusional if you believe in a God. I will lmao at them burning in hell if they mock God their whole lives and he turns out to be real.
You still hiding from the bitcoin goons?

Cann!bal

Power member.
Aesop said:
That's totally false. I have compassion for everybody who has a capacity for pain or suffering. This basic principle is why I'm a vegan.

You should be asking yourself, "If there is a god and they decide to damn all atheists to hell then why should I worship them?" instead. A demented and cruel god is not worth worshiping.

I understand you were addressing that crowd, but that crowd doesn't really exist. It's a fringe minority most atheists discredit.

It is delusional to believe in god. There is absolutely no evidence. There is more evidence the moon is a hologram than there is of god's existence. How come evidence is the standard for truth everywhere else but not here? Isn't that incredibly convenient? What makes you anymore right than some Muslim or Jew? How come faith is determined by geographic location in time? Understand this: that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. It is not rational to assume you know a guy in the sky who made everything and watches everything everybody does is real.

I don't think you understand what you are saying really means. Absolutely nobody deserves to burn in hell for eternity. And certainly nobody who will laugh at their pain deserves to go to heaven.

Aesop

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
That's totally false. I have compassion for everybody who has a capacity for pain or suffering. This basic principle is why I'm a vegan.

You should be asking yourself, "If there is a god and they decide to damn all atheists to hell then why should I worship them?" instead. A demented and cruel god is not worth worshiping.

It is delusional to believe in god. There is absolutely no evidence. There is more evidence the moon is a hologram than there is of god's existence. How come evidence is the standard for truth everywhere else but not here? Isn't that incredibly convenient? What makes you anymore right than some Muslim or Jew? How come faith is determined by geographic location in time? Understand this: that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. It is not rational to assume you know a guy in the sky who made everything and watches everything everybody does is real.

I don't think you understand what you are saying really means. Absolutely nobody deserves to burn in hell for eternity. And certainly nobody who will laugh at their pain deserves to go to heaven.
you stupid motherfucker you aren't a fucking scholar stop being such a fucking smart ass about everything. it is not delusional to believe in God you moron and you being a vegan doesn't prove anything. you can lie to yourself all you want and pretend that you care about every life on the planet but you don't man. no one does. you don't give a shit about the millions of people that have suffered before dying. you can look at something terrible as a tragedy but you don't hold true sadness in your heart for the people that have lost their lives. im not going to argue with you because everyone here knows that you think you know the answer to everything and if i continue to reply i will be here for fucking days.

and i wasn't laughing at anyone burning in hell for eternity that's just how i talk i say lmao a lot and lmao it would be kind of funny if the atheists fucks like you that think they have the answers to every question in life turn out to be wrong. if you haven't met one atheist that doesn't believe in the possibility of a God then you haven't searched hard enough because there are plenty of ignorant people in the world that don't believe in anything except for what they have seen.

also don't talk to me as if i'm a christian because i'm not. my point was that people aren't delusional for believing in the possibility of a higher power. now fuk off pls

Aries said:
Honestly, in my opinion, many people just use God as a thought to escape the fact that we are all born to die. 75% of Christianity would die off if God didn't promise everyone who is "Sin Free" a reserved place in heaven

lmao is that a real fact? Did you pull that out of your ass?
Are we really born to die? I'm pretty sure that is definitely an opinion, and you could get on a whole other debate about what we are born for. But that is surely not a fact.

Depressed

meow░w░w▒w▒w▓w▓ said:
lmao is that a real fact? Did you pull that out of your ass?
Are we really born to die? I'm pretty sure that is definitely an opinion, and you could get on a whole other debate about what we are born for. But that is surely not a fact.

Never said it was a fact considering I said, "in my opinion"

Aesop

User is banned.
Aries said:
Never said it was a fact considering I said, "in my opinion"
i don't mean to butt into you guys argument but you did say "the fact that"

Cann!bal

Power member.
Aesop said:
you stupid motherfucker you aren't a fucking scholar stop being such a fucking smart ass about everything. it is not delusional to believe in God you moron and you being a vegan doesn't prove anything. you can lie to yourself all you want and pretend that you care about every life on the planet but you don't man. no one does. you don't give a shit about the millions of people that have suffered before dying. you can look at something terrible as a tragedy but you don't hold true sadness in your heart for the people that have lost their lives. im not going to argue with you because everyone here knows that you think you know the answer to everything and if i continue to reply i will be here for fucking days.

and i wasn't laughing at anyone burning in hell for eternity that's just how i talk i say lmao a lot and lmao it would be kind of funny if the atheists fucks like you that think they have the answers to every question in life turn out to be wrong. if you haven't met one atheist that doesn't believe in the possibility of a God then you haven't searched hard enough because there are plenty of ignorant people in the world that don't believe in anything except for what they have seen.

also don't talk to me as if i'm a christian because i'm not. my point was that people aren't delusional for believing in the possibility of a higher power. now fuk off pls

Who are you to dictate whether or not I care about life with the capacity for pain and suffering, exactly? You're the arbiter of dirt shit.

Don't even try to put me down me down when you're too pussy to address my arguments in a section dedicated to precisely that.

I never said I've never met an atheist who doesn't believe in the possibility of a god. I said I've never met an atheist who believes it's impossible a god exists. I never claimed you must be a Christian. I never said it delusional to believe in the possibility of a god. I said it was delusional to believe in a god without evidence. Holy shit, just listen, you stupid fucking faggot.

i sip lean420

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
Who are you to dictate whether or not I care about life with the capacity for pain and suffering, exactly? You're the arbiter of dirt shit.

Don't even try to put me down me down when you're too pussy to address my arguments in a section dedicated to precisely that.

I never said I've never met an atheist who doesn't believe in the possibility of a god. I said I've never met an atheist who believes it's impossible a god exists. I never claimed you must be a Christian. I never said it delusional to believe in the possibility of a god. I said it was delusional to believe in a god without evidence. Holy shit, just listen, you stupid fucking faggot.
are you telling me that you have real sadness for the lives that are taken? you would actually care if some girl that you didn't know was murdered by her boyfriend? or do you just tell yourself that you care because it makes you feel like a better person? i guess it's possible that someone could truly care, but your average human is very selfish. a lot of people want to pretend like they care about others but most would put themselves before someone they don't know. you don't just choose to have feelings for other people, you have to actually feel them. 

i didn't address your retarded arguments because they aren't relevant to my point. you asked why i think i'm better than some muslim or jew, i'm not even a fucking christian. you actually have the balls to say that someone is delusional for believing in a higher power, you aren't as smart as you think you are. what the fuck, isn't saying that you've never met an atheist who believes it's impossible that a God exists the same as saying you've never met an atheist who doesn't believe in the possibility of a God? if they don't believe in the possibility, then they believe it's impossible, right? i wasn't trying to start some argument about which religion is right, my only point was that there is nothing wrong with believing in some sort of higher power because we were made somehow and i find it kind of hard to believe that the complexity of life was created from some giant explosion.

Color

Cann!bal said:

I understand you were addressing that crowd, but that crowd doesn't really exist. It's a fringe minority most atheists discredit.

You don't have any evidence they're wrong either.  You bring up the same argument every time.  Why is it you're always looking to force your beliefs upon others?  Your actions seem to put you in the same boat as what you're opposing, perhaps your beliefs are just as shortsighted and delusional?