• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

GamingForums.net

Shall we change domains over to GamingForums.net?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cann!bal

Power member.
illegal said:
I would like to formally withdraw my previous statement. @Saturn has pointed out to me that the change of the domain would result in this site surpassing the raw activity of other Forum based websites. I am all for this, however I can not change my vote from "no".

"There's an undo button.

http://i.imgur.com/Qcxy0cS.png"

JohnnyG

I voted yes because it sounds better. I will probably still call it FK doe xD

Vengeance

Power member.
JohnnyG said:
I voted yes because it sounds better. I will probably still call it FK doe xD

Yeah I Cba to say GF. Sounds weird. FK flows. I voted no but I am torn, I want more people on the site but forum korner sounds better to me. Idfk man.

Michael

This would attract a bunch of new members but I've come to think that...

FK isn't much of a gaming forum, right @"Philly"?? This is more of a Marketplace then a gaming forum. I wouldn't mind a new domain and stuff but we'd need to be extremely active in the gaming section so the new members don't think: "This is a Gaming forum and the section is dead, I'm leaving!"

If we can build up the gaming section then why not.

Color

No thanks. ForumKorner has definitely made a name for itself, and it fits. This domain is much cleaner, and in the end, like 1% of the site actually has to do with gaming. Leaving things as broad as possible makes everyone feel welcomed, gamer or not.

Astro

User is banned.
The forum doesn't actually have much gaming relevance, other than the gamertag marketplace. The rest of the gaming related sections have been, for the most part, abandoned.

To be quite honest, I like the fact that FK isn't dominated by gaming content like many other forums are. It may sound a little superficial, but I don't feel obliged to obscure my screen from others when using FK in class, simply because this forum doesn't make me feel like a dork when using it in front of people.

Keep the professional marketplace-like approach. Encouraging gaming will only entice more children to join. I'd you rather keep this community as mature as possible.

TJ

RaNDoM
If the forum does indeed get switched over I believe all of us FK people should get a special award to remember Fk:) I'm for the change.

Prepare

Power member.
Traffic would increase drastically. However, I'm not a fan of the name because it's so generic. I like the name ForumKorner.

Sin

User is banned.
I believe this would would be a good change for the site and make it more active, note the marketplace would still be good.

Fresh

Power member.
Pun said:
Will I lose my group or anything?

He said nothing will change about like groups and stuff just the domain we will keep everything

Color

Sintation said:
@Philly
Keeping this as the main domain and making gamingforum.net redirect here will benefit everyone.

This is what I was thinking. Im sure it'd increase traffic quite a bit, but changing the domain just wouldn't feel right. ForumKorner fits the current content perfectly.

Cicero

Onyx user!
"Do you have a GF?"

"Yeah, my username is Cicero."

"What I meant was, do you have a girlfriend?"

*sob*

Noone

Power member.
I don't like the new name.

I like FK.

Why don't we just make that domain redirect to here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.