• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

A Modest Question for Meat Lovers

Cann!bal

Power member.
DanishMonster said:
I don't care about the planet. I'm going to be dead, when the planet is dying anyways.
If it happens in 100 years I am still going to be dead.
Apathy has never justified anything. It's never justified sexism. It's never justified racism. It's never justified rape. It's never justified murder. It never justifed the slavery of black people. It never justified the Holocaust. And it doesn't justify this either.

You hold a moral and ethical responsibility and by perpetuating these atrocities how are you any better than the sexists, the racists, the rapists, the murders, the slaveowners or the Nazis?

Siesta

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
Apathy has never justified anything. It's never justified sexism. It's never justified racism. It's never justified rape. It's never justified murder. It never justifed the slavery of black people. It never justified the Holocaust. And it doesn't justify this either.

You hold a moral and ethical responsibility and by perpetuating these atrocities how are you any better than the sexists, the racists, the rapists, the murders, the slaveowners or the Nazis?
I don't directly kill people, neither to I disrespect or threat them.
I only slowly kill them by filling up the planet with CO2.

Cann!bal

Power member.
DanishMonster said:
I don't directly kill people, neither to I disrespect or threat them.
I only slowly kill them by filling up the planet with CO2.
You're either ignoring, forgetting or simply do not understand this, but your demand for animal products is responsible for the exploitation, torture and murder of thousands of sentient feeling beings. These animals can love, be sad, afraid or lonely, build relationships and solve complex problems just like us. But perhaps more importantly, they have the same capacity for fear, pain and suffering just as humans do. In that capacity, they are one-hundred percent equal to us, so how is systematically enslaving, exploiting, torturing, raping, and murdering them by the billions possibly justified?

You think you don't have a responsibility? I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Siesta

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
You're either ignoring, forgetting or simply do not understand this, but your demand for animal products is responsible for the exploitation, torture and murder of thousands of sentient feeling beings. These animals can love, be sad, afraid or lonely, build relationships and solve complex problems just like us. But perhaps more importantly, they have the same capacity for fear, pain and suffering just as humans do. In that capacity, they are one-hundred percent equal to us, so how is systematically enslaving, exploiting, torturing, raping, and murdering them by the billions possibly justified?

You think you don't have a responsibility? I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.
Animals works like humans, they get brainwashed into believing they have a good life.
The animals is not scared, when they know that's how it works.
Just like humans is not scared even though they are not free, but they are being controlled by the goverment.
You can call the farmers the goverment of animals if you want.

Just because some farmers abuse the animal, doesn't mean all of them do.

Where I come from(Denmark), all the farms I've been at, the animals can freely walk in and out, eat fresh grass, and live their life until they are being slaugtered for food, when they are old enough.

jstinbebr

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
If I meet a girl somewhere and bring her home, talk with her, dance and drink with her, then slip her a date rape drug, is it humane rape? She didn't feel any pain, she didn't suffer, and I treated her with respect, so what's your objection?

You cannot humanely do anything while simultaneously violating somebody's rights.

There won't be any population problems because the animal agriculture industries aren't going to all go away all at the same time. The population of cows, pigs and chickens will decrease because the demand will gradually fade.

How is that relevant?
overpopulation is very relevant if you're wanting everyone to go vegan lmao. so since all of the companies aren't going down at the same time overpopulation won't be a problem? what happens when they are all gone and there is no more killing of animals? the animals are too retarded to know what overpopulation is they're all just going to fuck and have as many babies as they want and there will be more animal related car accidents. 

lets be real though man regardless of how you feel about animals being slaughtered, it is still going to happen. maybe one day everyone will feel the same way that you do about things but that isn't happening anytime soon. 

about the girl getting raped i wasn't talking about anything like that i was just referring to what you said about veganism that the point is to reduce suffering. you're still murdering the plants like someone else said, but you say it's okay because they don't feel the pain. So if we kill the animal with a painless death then it should be okay.

Cann!bal

Power member.
DanishMonster said:
Animals works like humans, they get brainwashed into believing they have a good life.
The animals is not scared, when they know that's how it works.
Just like humans is not scared even though they are not free, but they are being controlled by the goverment.
You can call the farmers the goverment of animals if you want.

Just because some farmers abuse the animal, doesn't mean all of them do.

Where I come from(Denmark), all the farms I've been at, the animals can freely walk in and out, eat fresh grass, and live their life until they are being slaugtered for food, when they are old enough.
You ignored both of my questions. I think it's important for yourself to answer them.

These animals aren't brainwashed into having good lives. Their lives suck. They are absolutely pitiful. Your idea of Farmer John and a big red barn doesn't reflect reality. I suggest you watch Earthlings. It's a documentary that covers the standard living conditions of most animals and the standard practices they have to endure, along with various other animal related issues. It's very eye-opening and can be life-changing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrhM_NUATl4

All farmers abuse their animals. You cannot humanely do anything while simultaneously violating somebody's rights.

jstinbebr said:
overpopulation is very relevant if you're wanting everyone to go vegan lmao. so since all of the companies aren't going down at the same time overpopulation won't be a problem? what happens when they are all gone and there is no more killing of animals? the animals are too retarded to know what overpopulation is they're all just going to fuck and have as many babies as they want and there will be more animal related car accidents. 

lets be real though man regardless of how you feel about animals being slaughtered, it is still going to happen. maybe one day everyone will feel the same way that you do about things but that isn't happening anytime soon. 

about the girl getting raped i wasn't talking about anything like that i was just referring to what you said about veganism that the point is to reduce suffering. you're still murdering the plants like someone else said, but you say it's okay because they don't feel the pain. So if we kill the animal with a painless death then it should be okay.
When I asked about relevancy, I was referring to your paragraph of rambling about animals attacking humans and shit.

That's not how supply and demand works, my dude. Less demand, less animals.

Okay, but by abstaining to eat animal products I'm saving hundreds of animals each year and thousands within my lifetime, and plenty of other good stuff.

Obviously it wasn't. That was me making the point you cannot humanely do anything while simultaneously violating somebody's rights which you totally skimmed over. It's not okay if we painlessly kill an animal because it violates their rights. Just like how raping someone painlessly still is wrong because it violates their rights.

EDIT: I forgot to address the plants thing. Plants are not sentient feeling beings. Animals are.

jstinbebr

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
You ignored both of my questions. I think it's important for yourself to answer them.

These animals aren't brainwashed into having good lives. Their lives suck. They are absolutely pitiful. Your idea of Farmer John and a big red barn doesn't reflect reality. I suggest you watch Earthlings. It's a documentary that covers the standard living conditions of most animals and the standard practices they have to endure, along with various other animal related issues. It's very eye-opening and can be life-changing.

All farmers abuse their animals. You cannot humanely do anything while simultaneously violating somebody's rights.

When I asked about relevancy, I was referring to your paragraph of rambling about animals attacking humans and shit.

That's not how supply and demand works, my dude. Less demand, less animals.

Okay, but by abstaining to eat animal products I'm saving hundreds of animals each year and thousands within my lifetime, and plenty of other good stuff.

Obviously it wasn't. That was me making the point you cannot humanely do anything while simultaneously violating somebody's rights which you totally skimmed over. It's not okay if we painlessly kill an animal because it violates their rights. Just like how raping someone painlessly still is wrong because it violates their rights.

EDIT: I forgot to address the plants thing. Plants are not sentient feeling beings. Animals are.

it wasn't very relevant i kind of rambled on my first post but it is a bit relevant because humans are fucking terribly rude to other animals and if the animals' brains evolve like ours did then they might realize that they could fuk us up

ik you were making a point with the rape thing but i was just saying that if it's okay to murder plants since the can't feel it then it should be okay to murder animals if it's painless.

i don't have as big of a vocabulary as you do, clearly, and i know you just want to be a better person than all of the ruthless fucks that breathe today but you're honestly overthinking this in my opinion. i do think it is very wrong to kill an animal painfully, but life is continuous man there will be more and more animals regardless of if we kill a few for food. they are just existing, they serve no purpose at all. if the whole world went vegan wouldn't it be harder to get food? humans don't give a fuck, it is true that we are superior to the other animals out there because we have built that for ourselves. we control the world, we do whatever the hell we want as fucked up as it may be.

and idk if you're actually saving any animals lives, they are still slaughtered regardless and the meat will just be eaten by other people. i do understand why you want to be vegan though, and i respect your morals, but it really doesn't make a difference. I guess it just makes you a better human than all of us meat lovers.

edit: also i half way agree with danish, i don't think animals are brainwashed into thinking anything but i do believe that they are grateful to just be living. that's the good thing about them not having as complex brain chemistry as us humans do. Most animals that i have come across seem to be perfectly happy. we all have it so much better than them and yet we are still so prone to depression. though that probably comes from seeing other people with much less financial problems and better lives than you have. animals don't really have that problem because they're all the same.

Siesta

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:

I grew up on a farm, just stop.

Let me guess, all your knowledge comes from online videos?

Cann!bal

Power member.
jstinbebr said:
it wasn't very relevant i kind of rambled on my first post but it is a bit relevant because humans are fucking evil and if the animals' brains evolve like ours did then they might realize that they could fuk us up

ik you were making a point with the rape thing but i was just saying that if it's okay to murder plants since the can't feel it then it should be okay to murder animals if it's painless.

i don't have as big of a vocabulary as you do, clearly, and i know you just want to be a better person than all of the ruthless fucks that breathe today but you're honestly overthinking this in my opinion. i do think it is very wrong to kill an animal painfully, but life is continuous man there will be more and more animals regardless of if we kill a few for food. they are just existing, they serve no purpose at all. if the whole world went vegan wouldn't it be harder to get food? humans don't give a fuck, it is true that we are superior to the other animals out there because we have built that for ourselves. we control the world, we do whatever the hell we want as fucked up as it may be.

and idk if you're actually saving any animals lives, they are still slaughtered regardless and the meat will just be eaten by other people. i do understand why you want to be vegan though, and i respect your morals, but it really doesn't make a difference. I guess it just makes you a better human than all of us meat lovers.
That's not how evolution works, fam.

There's a clear difference between taking a carrot out of the ground and slicing a pig into pieces. I mean, if you don't see it you're simply being irrational or disingenuous. Carrots are not sentient feeling beings capable of suffering. Pigs are. If you really want to stick to the idea that it's okay to painlessly kill an animal, then answer me this: If it's okay to painlessly murder a cow, pig or chicken, then how is it wrong to painlessly rape someone or painlessly murder a cat or dog?

Why does purpose matter? Do humans have a purpose? Why would it be harder to find food? Veganism takes up less land than a meat, dairy and egg diet and the food industry would simply be making vegan foods instead.

I am saving lives. This is simple supply and demand. Did you not take economics? If all vegans and vegetarians decided to eat meat the demand would go up, therefore the supply of dead animals would go up. If they all went back to being vegans and vegetarians, the demand would fall and the supply of dead animals would go down.

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...52224/Cowspiracy-Infographic.png?format=1500w

DanishMonster said:
I grew up on a farm, just stop.

Let me guess, all your knowledge comes from online videos?
Still ignoring my questions.

"You're either ignoring, forgetting or simply do not understand this, but your demand for animal products is responsible for the exploitation, torture and murder of thousands of sentient feeling beings. These animals can love, be sad, afraid or lonely, build relationships and solve complex problems just like us. But perhaps more importantly, they have the same capacity for fear, pain and suffering just as humans do. In that capacity, they are one-hundred percent equal to us, so how is systematically enslaving, exploiting, torturing, raping, and murdering them by the billions possibly justified?

You think you don't have a responsibility? I don't quite understand what you're trying to say."

Your farm doesn't reflect the treatment and conditions of animals among the entire animal agriculture industry. If you watched the film you would see that.

No, but why does that matter? They offer the same material any other medium does.

Siesta

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
Still ignoring my questions.

"You're either ignoring, forgetting or simply do not understand this, but your demand for animal products is responsible for the exploitation, torture and murder of thousands of sentient feeling beings. These animals can love, be sad, afraid or lonely, build relationships and solve complex problems just like us. But perhaps more importantly, they have the same capacity for fear, pain and suffering just as humans do. In that capacity, they are one-hundred percent equal to us, so how is systematically enslaving, exploiting, torturing, raping, and murdering them by the billions possibly justified?

You think you don't have a responsibility? I don't quite understand what you're trying to say."

Your farm doesn't reflect the treatment and conditions of animals among the entire animal agriculture industry. If you watched the film you would see that.

No, but why does that matter? They offer the same material any other medium does.
I don't understand your logic.

Plants is living organisms, doesn't that make you a murder too?

And just because a film says something, it has to be true? Try to watch a few North Korean movies, lol.

Have you ever been on a farm yourself, or does all your knowledge come from videos on the internet?

jstinbebr

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
That's not how evolution works, fam.

There's a clear difference between taking a carrot out of the ground and slicing a pig into pieces. I mean, if you don't see it you're simply being irrational or disingenuous. Carrots are not sentient feeling beings capable of suffering. Pigs are. If you really want to stick to the idea that it's okay to painlessly kill an animal, then answer me this: If it's okay to painlessly murder a cow, pig or chicken, then how is it wrong to painlessly rape someone or painlessly murder a cat or dog?

Why does purpose matter? Do humans have a purpose? Why would it be harder to find food? Veganism takes up less land than a meat, dairy and egg diet and the food industry would simply be making vegan foods instead.

I am saving lives. This is simple supply and demand. Did you not take economics? If all vegans and vegetarians decided to eat meat the demand would go up, therefore the supply of dead animals would go up. If they all went back to being vegans and vegetarians, the demand would fall and the supply of dead animals would go down.

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...52224/Cowspiracy-Infographic.png?format=1500w
Ik you're just trying to make a point about the rape thing, but raping a human being and slaughtering an animal for food are two completely different things. If all of the pigs and cows ran free in the wild there's a good chance that they could get murdered anyway, and probably with A LOT more suffering, so as long as the slaughtering is done painlessly I feel that they are given a better fate than they would have had in the wild. as for the dog/cat thing, i look at it the same if the person is doing it for food lol. Dogs and cats have become a part of many human lives though because I guess they're just more likable than a pig or cow is. 

nothing had a purpose at first, but we made a purpose for ourselves. society exists, there are jobs that need to be done by humans so we do have more of a purpose than any animal does. i'm not really sure if it would be harder to find food, i really don't know shit about a vegan diet, i was just assuming because meat is what most people eat for protein and energy. I guess if everyone had their own little garden or something it'd be alright lol. the world has been an evil place since the beginning of life. even if we all went vegan, animals would still be eaten alive by other animals. it's a fucking shame that pain has to exist.

Cann!bal

Power member.
DanishMonster said:
I don't understand your logic.

Plants is living organisms, doesn't that make you a murder too?

And just because a film says something, it has to be true? Try to watch a few North Korean movies, lol.

Have you ever been on a farm yourself, or does all your knowledge come from videos on the internet?
Are you fucking retarded? Answer the questions, you fucking pussy. I've asked you politely enough. I won't tolerate your bullshit and unfair tactics.

I never claimed we aren't "murders" in that capacity. We kill plenty of life when we jack off, too. But there's a measurable difference between taking some plants out of the ground and jacking off to cutting up a pig. I already addressed this.

"There's a clear difference between taking a carrot out of the ground and slicing a pig into pieces. I mean, if you don't see it you're simply being irrational or disingenuous. Carrots are not sentient feeling beings capable of suffering. Pigs are. If you really want to stick to the idea that it's okay to painlessly kill an animal, then answer me this: If it's okay to painlessly murder a cow, pig or chicken, then how is it wrong to painlessly rape someone or painlessly murder a cat or dog?"

No, but the claims made by the film are demonstrably true.

I have, and why does that matter? They offer the same material any other medium does, like I already said.

jstinbebr said:
Ik you're just trying to make a point about the rape thing, but raping a human being and slaughtering an animal for food are two completely different things. If all of the pigs and cows ran free in the wild there's a good chance that they could get murdered anyway, and probably with A LOT more suffering, so as long as the slaughtering is done painlessly I feel that they are given a better fate than they would have had in the wild. as for the dog/cat thing, i look at it the same if the person is doing it for food lol. Dogs and cats have become a part of many human lives though because I guess they're just more likable than a pig or cow is. 

nothing had a purpose at first, but we made a purpose for ourselves. society exists, there are jobs that need to be done by humans so we do have more of a purpose than any animal does. i'm not really sure if it would be harder to find food, i really don't know shit about a vegan diet, i was just assuming because meat is what most people eat for protein and energy. I guess if everyone had their own little garden or something it'd be alright lol. the world has been an evil place since the beginning of life. even if we all went vegan, animals would still be eaten alive by other animals. it's a fucking shame that pain has to exist.
This conversation is like a broken record. I'm not going to continue this if you're going to ignore my points and make arguments that were already addressed.

jstinbebr

User is banned.
whatever man i don't know what point of yours i ignored, i tried to reply to every argument you had. you can be a vegan if it makes you feel better but meat is available for me to eat so ima have fun eating it

i just can't really turn down meat if it's readily available regardless for other people to eat if i don't, but that's just me.

i love my spicy italian sub too much i just cant :(

Cann!bal

Power member.
jstinbebr said:
whatever man i don't know what point of yours i ignored, i tried to reply to every argument you had. you can be a vegan if it makes you feel better but meat is available for me to eat so ima have fun eating it

i just can't really turn down meat if it's readily available regardless for other people to eat if i don't, but that's just me.

i love my spicy italian sub too much i just cant :(
The less demand, the less animals concept and the "you cannot humanely do anything while simultaneously violating their rights" principle.

I love meat, too, but availability and taste don't justify genocide, the leading cause of ocean dead zones, the leading cause of deforestation, the leading cause of world hunger, and the leading cause of global warming.

Siesta

User is banned.
This was... Entertaining.

Oh well, I'm out.

Jaken

yo fam. u ever try a meat lover's pizza from pizza hut? thats why i eat meat bruv. u ever have a filet mignon topped with bleu cheese? thats why i love meat.

Joker

Jaken said:
yo fam. u ever try a meat lover's pizza from pizza hut? thats why i eat meat bruv. u ever have a filet mignon topped with bleu cheese? thats why i love meat.

That's also probably why you'll die at 45