• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

A Modest Question for Meat Lovers

Cann!bal

Power member.
Exactly how destructive and morally disgusting does eating animal products have to be for somebody to stop eating them?

If health, world hunger, deforestation, global warming, and the systematic genocide of billions of innocent sentient feeling beings are not good enough reasons to change your diet, then what the fuck is?

Cann!bal

Power member.
Agοny said:
Nothing is, I love all my meats.

And it is simply nature. Animals eat other animals.
To you it's just a meal, but to the animal it is existence itself.

Just because it happens in nature does not make it just. War and rape are natural, but we recognize they are wrong.

Animals eat other animals for survival and because they need meat. Humans don't.

Agony

discord: aguny
Cann!bal said:
To you it's just a meal, but to the animal it is existence itself.

Just because it happens in nature does not make it just. War and rape are natural, but we recognize they are wrong.

Animals eat other animals for survival and because they need meat. Humans don't.

I completely understand those points, but aren't we just more advanced animals?

Weed

Well meat has many advantages for humans. Like muscle growth and essential nutrients.

Also, it's fucking good.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Agοny said:
I completely understand those points, but aren't we just more advanced animals?
Exactly. We have the mental capacity to understand that there is no justification for the exploitation and murder of billions of sentient feeling beings.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Weed said:
Well meat has many advantages for humans. Like muscle growth and essential nutrients.

Also, it's fucking good.
That's untrue. This is a lie that was perpetuated by the meat industry so we would eat their garbage. Vegans and meat eaters get the same amount of protein. And all essential nutrients can be found in a vegan diet.

Yeah, meat tastes good, but it doesn't justify genocide. And if you didn't know, there are vegan alternatives that precisely like the real thing. It's kind of freaky, actually.

Bomb said:
Wow, you're hilarious. Good one, dude.

Weed

Cann!bal said:
That's untrue. This is a lie that was perpetuated by the meat industry so we would eat their garbage. Vegans and meat eaters get the same amount of protein. And all essential nutrients can be found in a vegan diet.

Yeah, meat tastes good, but it doesn't justify genocide. And if you didn't know, there are vegan alternatives that precisely like the real thing. It's kind of freaky, actually.

Yeah true. But think about it. We would not be alive if our ancestors didn't kill animals and eat them a LONG time ago. It's just human nature I guess.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Weed said:
Yeah true. But think about it. We would not be alive if our ancestors didn't kill animals and eat them a LONG time ago. It's just human nature I guess.
Yeah, you're probably right, but they killed for survival. We kill for our taste buds, entertainment and vanity.

And don't forget, our closest ancestors and cousins are nearly 100% herbivore.

Mal

Cann!bal said:
Exactly how destructive and morally disgusting does eating animal products have to be for somebody to stop eating them?

If health, world hunger, deforestation, global warming, and the systematic genocide of billions of innocent sentient feeling beings are not good enough reasons to change your diet, then what the fuck is?
For non meats to taste like meat :)

NULLNULLNULL

User is banned.
I sorta agree and kinda don't at the same time. This argument rubs me in the wrong way. It assumes that if other animals were in our position, they would also have some sort of moral standard. Like if gorillas were as advanced and civilized as humans, what makes us think that they would give a shit about conservation or vegetarianism? Yeah its fucked up that we engineer animals and modify them to be eaten and sold, especially considering that we don't even need to eat animals to live in our day and age. But at the same time, are we not allowed to act upon our interests and satisfy our desires? We are the dominant species right now, and I'm sure a lot of people would believe that "might makes right" ideology should apply here, even though that line of thinking can lead to extremely corrupt conclusions.

Bomb

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:

Thanks man, it means a lot coming from a stuck up prick like yourself!

Cann!bal

Power member.
wash said:
I sorta agree and kinda don't at the same time. This argument rubs me in the wrong way. It assumes that if other animals were in our position, they would also have some sort of moral standard. Like if gorillas were as advanced and civilized as humans, what makes us think that they would give a shit about conservation or vegetarianism? Yeah its fucked up that we engineer animals and modify them to be eaten and sold, especially considering that we don't even need to eat animals to live in our day and age. But at the same time, are we not allowed to act upon our interests and satisfy our desires? We are the dominant species right now, and I'm sure a lot of people would believe that "might makes right" ideology should apply here, even though that line of thinking can lead to extremely corrupt conclusions.
We are allowed to act upon our interests and satisfy our desires but not at the cost of suffering and pain.

Do you who else used the might is right principle to justify their actions? The sexists, the slaveowners and the Nazis.

Bomb said:
Thanks man, it means a lot coming from a stuck up prick like yourself!
No problem, man. Enjoy your day!

Rank

Cann!bal said:

Where do you get your main protein source from since you don't eat meat???

Siesta

User is banned.
If everybody on earth had to stop eating meet, and start eating vegetarian, the earth would have to be around 37 times larger than it actually is - just to be able to grow all that.

You destroy the planet, not me.

Revo

Power member.
I was getting into The Smiths and watched some of Morrisseys interviews and his opinion about meat made me think about quitting it. Going Vegan for 14 days while on holiday now. To anyone stating meat and milk have positive effects on the body you are simply wrong.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtKdsyKKpYE[/video]

Siesta

User is banned.
Revo said:
I was getting into The Smiths and watched some of Morrisseys interviews and his opinion about meat made me think about quitting it. Going Vegan for 14 days while on holiday now. To anyone stating meat and milk have positive effects on the body you are simply wrong.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtKdsyKKpYE[/video]
Isn't it murder to eat plants and stuff like that too? It's living organisms.