• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

9/12/14 Updates!

Critical

Malachai
DOOM said:
If I paid for the group why should the way i run it be dictated by someone else?

That's what I'm saying, I only like a select few members on this site, so why should I add a bunch on randoms to post? I got group just so me and my friends would have a group to rep, not waste all of my time posting in it.

Either way, I strongly disagree with that rule.

Space Time

User is banned.
Ill be active in your group :) xd.
Meh dont own a group so im alright. The others seem nice, cant wait to see the new theme

Spectrum

Onyx user!
Groups: Group owners must now obtain 1,000 posts per private group forum per month

Gawd, finally I'll see some activity in the group sub-forums then.

Great updates.

Spectrum

Onyx user!
Critical said:
@Spectrum Until the group your in gets sold because they don't want to deal with it.

It's pretty disappointing people are wanting a group JUST for the userbar though.

Bubble Buddy

User is banned.
thanks for taking the time to write all of this

Darth Vader

Power member.
Hey @Philly imo I think you should lower the group posts per month to 300. I honestly think 1,000 posts is a bit ridiculous...Especially when people paid upwards of $100+ for the group. I just think the rule should be lowered to 300 posts or just have the rule trashed all together. So glad I didn't buy a group and I feel sorry for the people that did. :/

Darth Vader said:
Hey @Philly imo I think you should lower the group posts per month to 300. I honestly think 1,000 posts is a bit ridiculous...Especially when people paid upwards of $100+ for the group. I just think the rule should be lowered to 300 posts or just have the rule trashed all together. So glad I didn't buy a group and I feel sorry for the people that did. :/

I completely agree with this, groups should be exclusive. Now everyone is in one and it is kind of annoying and I am forced to put people in mine.

Earl

Power member.
1. I hate the fact that only supporters don't see ads. One of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade was the removal of ads as they are extremely annoying. I realize that you may be low on cash and this is necessary, but I don't think its fair to the people that have already upgraded for ad removal.

2. The group suggestion may have sounded good in your head, but it will never work. Many users buy groups on FK just for their friends or themselves and this new rule will force many groups to either be sold or deleted. I can honestly see this rule being nullified by next month.

Other than that, nice new updates and I'm excited for the new theme.

м¢ℓσνιη

@Philly, let's be real. Your doing this new "group rule" because you want more posts for the forum. I get that, but 1000 is like trying to work 28 hours in a day, it won't happen. I bought my group/s for the reason, that people can come and talk comfortably without having to deal with the drama that goes on elsewhere in the forum. I plan on changing one of my groups into a computer tech support group, how the heck am I going to get 1000 posts a month with that? There is no way I can do that.

By doing this Philly you will loose alot of members.

self

User is banned.
Thank you @Philly - No more farewells when people are just going to come back the next day like most. Thanks <3

Philly

Power member.
м¢ℓσνιη said:
@Philly, let's be real. Your doing this new "group rule" because you want more posts for the forum. I get that, but 1000 is like trying to work 28 hours in a day, it won't happen. I bought my group/s for the reason, that people can come and talk comfortably without having to deal with the drama that goes on elsewhere in the forum. I plan on changing one of my groups into a computer tech support group, how the heck am I going to get 1000 posts a month with that? There is no way I can do that.

By doing this Philly you will loose alot of members.

Computer tech support? That is super easy to get 1000 posts... It is called tutorials they are absolutely endless in the tech department. Sorry but it is more than possible, and it is already set in place. No looking back.

Kyoto

So will the group 1k posts thing start over again on 10/12/14 , cause if the rule hasnt even started yet thats going to stink. Supreme is rolling. @Philly

Ascending

User is banned.
Kyoto said:
So will the group 1k posts thing start over again on 10/12/14 , cause if the rule hasnt even started yet thats going to stink. Supreme is rolling. @Philly

Well we are going to get 1k ever month no problem.

Dreams

Power member.
I thought purchasing a group aloud you to do what you wanted with it but guess not

Astro

User is banned.
There is no such thing as exclusivity in groups anymore.
Rosters are now ridiculously large to sustain the posting rule. In fact, every active user is likely to be in 4-6 groups. Even the most high quality of groups have been reduced to inviting spammers and people that wouldn't otherwise be considered for recruitment.
Do you plan to remove this rule once group numbers have reduced? Or have you decided to permanently remove the relaxed vibe of a subforum?

Av8

User is banned.
Power, and Power+ members are the only members that can give negative reputation, everyone else will no longer be able to do so.

I'm getting -5 power revoked from me for no reason? Sweet.

EDIT : Advertisements:
Are now visible to absolutely everyone on ForumKorner that is not a Supporter
member.

You all about that money, huh Philly?

Beats

Power member.
Thanks for the much needed updates @"Philly".

Can't wait to see whats next for ForumKorner.

nylolovemydudes

Power member.
hobbes said:
I completely agree with this, groups should be exclusive. Now everyone is in one and it is kind of annoying and I am forced to put people in mine.

Exclusive of being inactive, lol. Really people attend to waste UserGroup spots with their big egos of a userbar lol.

There's no such thing has "exclusive groups" here. Waste a space and I attend to buy one and I'll wait the following month.