• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Why Would You Want to Worship God?

Cann!bal

Power member.
Sus said:
didnt debate with him nor did I try to.

@cannibal or w/e your username is - thanks - yes that is true. well. you've replied back to me on multiple occasions meaning my point struck a nerve. I achieved what I needed to. Bye.
I keep entertaining your comments because you're fucking dumb and you amuse me. You didn't strike shit.

This is the third time you said you weren't coming back on this thread. Shut the fuck up and leave or try me already.

Decimal

User is banned.
To be honest, I'm not choosing either side. Mostly because of the fact that people can believe if they want, but some don't have to believe if they don't want to. Some people believe that life was created many, many years ago scientifically speaking. But some just prefer to believe that there is a god and that he created life many, many years ago. For some reason, I feel that this question starts up more of an opinion between people than belief. Religion has been argued about, it has been for centuries. There is no reason to argue over someones opinion, because 9 times out of 10, that person won't even think of budging their opinion. I guess to answer the question, some people worship god mostly because they feel that god is a way out of things. I guess they feel that religion is an escape from their problems and that god will help them with their problems, when those believers don't even really care to think about what god wants from them. I don't know, but instead about arguing over religious beliefs, why don't we all just think about how our lives are gonna be on the earth years from now? Technology is evolving. But I guess the believers would say "There isn't gonna be a life on earth for very long, because he is coming back". Either way, believer or not, we need to focus on the present and the future. Sorry if I went a bit overboard on this, I'm just not an arguing person and therefore I don't want to see an argument. Especially about religious beliefs and opinions. :) I hope everyone agrees.

Ideya

Cann!bal said:
I agree.

Yeah, I agree with that, too. I wasn't trying to claim it's demonstrably true or anything.

Law of causality is a moot argument for the existence of God. It only brings up the question of who created god. If you're willing to make the claim God didn't need a creator and created themselves or is eternal, it should be just as easy to claim the universe didn't need a creator, that it created itself or that it is eternal. It's an unnecessary claim.

I think what the law of causality tells us is that, if everything needs to be caused by another thing to happen or exist, it would trap us into an infinite loop that never ends because it'd be paradoxical to say that it must've all started somewhere. It convinced me that a God must exist, because there must be something "out there" that transcends these humanistic ideas we have - that goes beyond this box we're able to grasp. Since it's impossible to start somewhere in the law of causality, only a God can use a "cheat-code" of some sort to bypass this. Kinda' sounds convenient to say God is the answer there, but we're free to believe in whatever we want anyway. :)

Sonic Youth

Onyx user!
i just want to bump this thread, i've been lurking for a while, and i'm interested in seeing more lmao, i'm not really sure what to believe in but @Cann!bal has for sure some damn good points.

kyle

cas said:
Incorrect, I had a gun pointed at me two weeks back and smirked it off. Even filmed some of it afterwards, showed kyle on site and a few others who have my snapchat.
fact

if you pray to god while death is staring you straight in the face then youre praying to someone who will not help you at all, because i guarantee if youre in a situation like that, where you have a gun pointed at your head, you did some fucked up shit that will land you in "hell" either way.

cas

kyle said:
fact

if you pray to god while death is staring you straight in the face then youre praying to someone who will not help you at all, because i guarantee if youre in a situation like that, where you have a gun pointed at your head, you did some fucked up shit that will land you in "hell" either way.
Facts no fiction, this might be a forum but we keep it real in the streets during god's vacancy.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Decimal said:
To be honest, I'm not choosing either side. Mostly because of the fact that people can believe if they want, but some don't have to believe if they don't want to. Some people believe that life was created many, many years ago scientifically speaking. But some just prefer to believe that there is a god and that he created life many, many years ago. For some reason, I feel that this question starts up more of an opinion between people than belief. Religion has been argued about, it has been for centuries. There is no reason to argue over someones opinion, because 9 times out of 10, that person won't even think of budging their opinion. I guess to answer the question, some people worship god mostly because they feel that god is a way out of things. I guess they feel that religion is an escape from their problems and that god will help them with their problems, when those believers don't even really care to think about what god wants from them. I don't know, but instead about arguing over religious beliefs, why don't we all just think about how our lives are gonna be on the earth years from now? Technology is evolving. But I guess the believers would say "There isn't gonna be a life on earth for very long, because he is coming back". Either way, believer or not, we need to focus on the present and the future. Sorry if I went a bit overboard on this, I'm just not an arguing person and therefore I don't want to see an argument. Especially about religious beliefs and opinions. :) I hope everyone agrees.
There was a lot of bullshit and gibberish in that monstrosity of a paragraph, so I'll just address the most relevant and important parts.

I understand the scapegoat mentality behind god entirely, however, your statements ignore the crux of my argument. This same god is the same god who kills populations by the whole. Why would you ever want worship something that disgusting?

We should focus on the present, however, you're forgetting or simply do not know that the belief in this god is oppressing millions of people, if not billions. It's illegal for a woman to show her face in some countries. It's illegal to be gay in some countries and the government will systematically imprison or even kill you for it. The list feels infinite. This oppression has been going on for eons and it's due time for its demise, so don't give me this shit that we should focus on other important shit. It's fucking important, too.

Ideya said:
I think what the law of causality tells us is that, if everything needs to be caused by another thing to happen or exist, it would trap us into an infinite loop that never ends because it'd be paradoxical to say that it must've all started somewhere. It convinced me that a God must exist, because there must be something "out there" that transcends these humanistic ideas we have - that goes beyond this box we're able to grasp. Since it's impossible to start somewhere in the law of causality, only a God can use a "cheat-code" of some sort to bypass this. Kinda' sounds convenient to say God is the answer there, but we're free to believe in whatever we want anyway. :)
That's such a cheap and unfair cop out.

You simply do not know that. You do not know how singularities begin - no one does - so be front and claim the noble claim of I don't know.

ᴀɢᴏᴎʏ said:
Stay agnostic, it's the way to be.
Atheism and agnosticism are one in the same. It's the same concept. They both are the lack of belief in a god.

Agony

discord: aguny
Cann!bal said:
Atheism and agnosticism are one in the same. It's the same concept. They both are the lack of belief in a god.
Honestly, I think something put us here. I just don't think that thing is with us anymore, being, force, whatever, it's not here anymore.

Also, whatever that being is, I don't think it intended our intelligence and therefore lacks to acknowledge us if it does exist.

Cann!bal

Power member.
ᴀɢᴏᴎʏ said:
Honestly, I think something put us here. I just don't think that thing is with us anymore, being, force, whatever, it's not here anymore.

Also, whatever that being is, I don't think it intended our intelligence and therefore lacks to acknowledge us if it does exist.
Firstly, you're not an agnostic if you think that. You cannot simultaneously claim I don't know and that a being/force dun-did-it.

That's fucking stupid, man. Like I previously said, that's a cheap and unfair cop out. It's a shitty argument with nothing to back it up except the absence of evidence of it not being true. I've taken shits better than that argument.