• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Why Would You Want to Worship God?

Cann!bal

Power member.
I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone would want to worship any of the Abrahamic depictions of God. All of them are absolutely awful regardless of which faith you identify with. About every depiction of God portrays them as an infantcidal, homicidal, and genocidal killer. They endorse rape, slavery, and misogyny. They're depicted as incompetent, homophobic, selfish and cruel. I mean, take a moment to fathom how awful a punishment eternal hell fire really is. It's a disturbing thought to know this is the same God over half the world worships and believes in.

You might be saying that you disregard all those ugly texts right now in your head if you follow any Abrahamic religion, but the simple fact that filth is in the same book you worship should speak volumes to its legitimacy and to its intellectual integrity.

I sincerely rather burn in hell than worship this selfish, demented piece of shit. Thankfully, God doesn't exist.

Ease

Onyx user!
Cann!bal said:
I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone would want to worship any of the Abrahamic depictions of God. All of them are absolutely awful regardless of which faith you identify with. About every depiction of God portrays them as an infantcidal, homicidal, and genocidal killer. They endorse rape, slavery, and misogyny. They're depicted as incompetent, homophobic, selfish and cruel. I mean, take a moment to fathom how awful a punishment eternal hell fire really is. It's a disturbing thought to know this is the same God over half the world worships and believes in.

You might be saying that you disregard all those ugly texts right now in your head if you follow any Abrahamic religion, but the simple fact that filth is in the same book you worship should speak volumes to its legitimacy and to its intellectual integrity.

I sincerely rather burn in hell than worship this selfish, demented piece of shit. Thankfully, God doesn't exist.

No point debating this. Your last line threw me off listening as you had to swear in order for you to get your one-sided 'point' across.

Good luck with whatever it is you're trying achieve with this thread.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Sus said:
No point debating this. Your last line threw me off listening as you had to swear in order for you to get your one-sided 'point' across.

Good luck with whatever it is you're trying achieve with this thread.
There is a point to this debate, and it's a very important and increasingly imperative one. Over half the world's population worship a cruel and murderous God; that's a cause for concern, you stupid faggot. And you're on the autistic scale if me swearing threw you off.

mamacita

User is banned.
A God of trial and misfortune. I look down to those who worship him. This is actually very true, and sadly because my father used to tell me all of the horrible things, that he said I will be saved if I follow stupid rules. Thank you Cann!bal
I respect you tons mate for that you know of the truth
@risk come take a look at this connects i think

Ease

Onyx user!
Cann!bal said:
There is a point to this debate, and it's a very important and increasingly imperative one. Over half the world's population worship a cruel and murderous God; that's a cause for concern, you stupid faggot. And you're on the autistic scale if me swearing threw you off.

Pathetic. Thats your opinion, don't try and force it on others as I have my own like everyone else. This is the reason in which this thread baseless (in my opinion...) is because your thread is moronic.  Your insults stem from something more deeper than your baseless 'point'. Why would your point be taken seriously when you're empathizing points by swearing/insulting. Go elsewhere and do that and see if anyone will take you seriously because right now, I do not.

Reply if you want with your stupidity if you want but you will not receive a reply from me.

Brennan

allahu akbar allahu akbar allahu akbar allahu akbar! ! ! ! !

Space Time

User is banned.
A god gives hope for many of the people who have lost hope over time and are questioning life and what not.
Many religions with God promises a land of fulfillment aka HEAVEN.
And I think just the thought of that gives people something to worship for.

NULLNULLNULL

User is banned.
Sus said:
Pathetic. Thats your opinion, don't try and force it on others as I have my own like everyone else. This is the reason in which this thread baseless (in my opinion...) is because your thread is moronic.  Your insults stem from something more deeper than your baseless 'point'. Why would your point be taken seriously when you're empathizing points by swearing/insulting. Go elsewhere and do that and see if anyone will take you seriously because right now, I do not.

Reply if you want with your stupidity if you want but you will not receive a reply from me.

Sounds like you're just butthurt because you can't defend the antithesis.
How is he "forcing" his opinion on you? He's merely presenting an argument on an internet forum, but instead you whine because you feel offended that your beloved fable is under scrutiny. Instead of dismissing his claims without debate, how about you try to defend your position? You can't just completely reject one's opinion and then give no reasoning as to why it's wrong. No one is telling you what you have to believe, but if you're going to believe in something, at least have some sound reasoning for why you believe it; that's the whole point of the debate. If you are unwilling to argue a point, then stay out of this section.

Seven

User is banned.
Well, I have lately been reading the Bible and getting more into believing in a God. After the rapture, all the believers get brought back from the dead and get put into heaven. All the people who never found God, because they never knew him get a chance to believe in him. Revelations talks about a big war where Jesus comes back and fights Satan and his whole army to rid evil off the Earth. If you still don't side with God at this point you get put into hell (which according to the Bible, doesn't exist yet). All of Satan's followers and non-believers get dozens of chances to turn to God. I personally believe if you are thrown into the pit of fire with Satan, it is your fault. You are only thrown in there after proper proof and several chances. Also in Revelations, when Jesus wins, God creates a new Heaven and a new Earth (and then Hell). The 12 tribes will live in the new Heaven with God, and the rest of the believers live on the new Earth without sin. You don't remember your life on Earth or recall it. All the land will be put back together, and Jesus will be ruler.
Sorry I got a bit off-topic. I am going to church soon, so kind of in a churchy mood. Please don't criticize me of my faith, I don't criticize yours. Thank you.

Cuban

Onyx user!
I'm not going to judge anyone because we each have the right towards our beliefs. I'm Catholic and I'm not one bit ashamed of that. It's nice having a religion you know. I guess you can say it's like smoking weed; it helps you escape reality. I'm not good with words so I guess I'll end this here. Also, when you're talking about a strict topic such as this, try not to curse. The people reading what you said will only find you a bit immature. But hey, I understand, you might not think this topic is strict to begin with, and I respect that.

Mr. X

Power member.
Sus said:

So if he posts bible verses proving his point, what will you say? Will you just deny it like a sheep?

Slay

User is banned.
Sus said:

This in the debating section for a reason. He isn't 'forcing' his opinion on anyone. Stop being ignorant.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Sus said:

You willingly clicked on my thread and left a comment. Don't sit there and tell me I'm forcing it down your throat when every interaction with me has been completely voluntary, you fucking moron.

Your circular logic hasn't done anything to defame my argument. "It's baseless because its' moronic. It's moronic because it's baseless." Pfft.

If you had a brain, you would understand insulting and cursing doesn't break the structural integrity of an argument. They're not even part of the argument.

Seven said:
Well, I have lately been reading the Bible and getting more into believing in a God. After the rapture, all the believers get brought back from the dead and get put into heaven. All the people who never found God, because they never knew him get a chance to believe in him. Revelations talks about a big war where Jesus comes back and fights Satan and his whole army to rid evil off the Earth. If you still don't side with God at this point you get put into hell (which according to the Bible, doesn't exist yet). All of Satan's followers and non-believers get dozens of chances to turn to God. I personally believe if you are thrown into the pit of fire with Satan, it is your fault. You are only thrown in there after proper proof and several chances. Also in Revelations, when Jesus wins, God creates a new Heaven and a new Earth (and then Hell). The 12 tribes will live in the new Heaven with God, and the rest of the believers live on the new Earth without sin. You don't remember your life on Earth or recall it. All the land will be put back together, and Jesus will be ruler.
Sorry I got a bit off-topic. I am going to church soon, so kind of in a churchy mood. Please don't criticize me of my faith, I don't criticize yours. Thank you.
It's not according to the bible, it's according to your interpretation. And even with your interpretation, it doesn't make a difference. God still creates a place like hell, and that is enough for me to say this guy is a demented piece of shit, and I rather pick hell fire. Nobody deserves eternal damnation. Hitler doesn't even deserve to go to into the lake of fire.

I'm not criticizing you, I'm criticizing your faith.

And you're ignoring the core of my argument. I ideated why would you want to worship a god that endorses raping and pillaging women, that endorses slaves to obey their masters, or murders whole populations. You probably view these as fucked parables or discredit them entirely, thankfully, but the fact remains that these disgusting stories are in the same book you worship.

Space Time said:
A god gives hope for many of the people who have lost hope over time and are questioning life and what not.
Many religions with God promises a land of fulfillment aka HEAVEN.
And I think just the thought of that gives people something to worship for.
I understand that, that the biggest motivation for becoming faithful is fear. However, to worship this God purely for the promised luxury to come and to ignore all the atrocities and morally reprehensible things they've done is deplorable.

Seven

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
You willingly clicked on my thread and left a comment. Don't sit there and tell me I'm forcing it down your throat when every interaction with me has been completely voluntary, you fucking moron.

Your circular logic hasn't done anything to defame my argument. "It's baseless because its' moronic. It's moronic because it's baseless." Pfft.

If you had a brain, you would understand insulting and cursing doesn't break the structural integrity of an argument. They're not even part of the argument.

It's not according to the bible, it's according to your interpretation. And even with your interpretation, it doesn't make a difference. God still creates a place like hell, and that is enough for me to say this guy is a demented piece of shit, and I rather pick hell fire. Nobody deserves eternal damnation. Hitler doesn't even deserve to go to into the lake of fire.

I'm not criticizing you, I'm criticizing your faith.

And you're ignoring the core of my argument. I ideated why would you want to worship a god that endorses raping and pillaging women, that endorses slaves to obey their masters, or murders whole populations. You probably view these as fucked parables or discredit them entirely, thankfully, but the fact remains that these disgusting stories are in the same book you worship.

I understand that, that the biggest motivation for becoming faithful is fear. However, to worship this God purely for the promised luxury to come and to ignore all the atrocities and morally reprehensible things they've done is deplorable.

According to the Bible*
And I am not sure what you are talking about. I am Christian, the Bible clearly states rape is a sin. You are talking about a completely different thing than what I believe in.

Ease

Onyx user!
Still pretty ridiculous tbh. Not trying to be argue with you but ending your comments with insults is just stupid - it is simply me pointing out that you dont need to swear or insult to put your point across.

Everyone is entitled to their own. I am religious so I don't agree with your statement - I am always open to listen to people questioning Gods existence as there are some aspects to question imo, for example wars etc.

'If you had a brain, you would understand insulting and cursing doesn't break the structural integrity of an argument. They're not even part of the argument.' Yes it does - it shows that your vocabulary is very limited. For you to think your point will be taken serious whilst swearing is illogical.

@Slay - like I said - I'm entitled to my opinion just as you're entitled to yours. Not being arrogant in the slightest.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Seven said:
According to the Bible*
And I am not sure what you are talking about. I am Christian, the Bible clearly states rape is a sin. You are talking about a completely different thing than what I believe in.
It's simply not according to the bible. It's according to you. It's according to your own interpretation. There are plenty of interpretations which contradict yours. All which hold the same amount of validity as yours.

The Bible never explicitly claims rape is a sin. It condemns it (for the most part) in some verses, but that's about it.

Two sisters were guilty of "committing whoredoms" by pressing their breasts and bruising "the teats of their virginity." As a punishment, one sister's nakedness was discovered, her children were taken from her, and she was killed by the sword. And the fate of the surviving sister was even worse: Her nose and ears were cut off, she was made to "pluck off" her own breasts, and then after being raped and mutilated, she is stoned to death. Ezekiel 23:1-49

If a betrothed virgin is raped in the city and doesn't cry out loud enough, then "the men of the city shall stone her to death." Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If a man rapes an unbetrothed virgin, he must pay her father 50 shekels of silver and then marry her. Deuteronomy  22:28

God is angry at David for having Uriah killed. As a punishment, he will have David's wives raped by his neighbor while everyone else watches. It turns out that the "neighbor" that God sends to do his dirty work is David's own son, Absalom (16:22). 2 Samuel 12:11-12

These are just some of the verses which exhibit blatant injustices regarding rape.

Sus said:
Still pretty ridiculous tbh. Not trying to be argue with you but ending your comments with insults is just stupid - it is simply me pointing out that you dont need to swear or insult to put your point across.

Everyone is entitled to their own. I am religious so I don't agree with your statement - I am always open to listen to people questioning Gods existence as there are some aspects to question imo, for example wars etc.

'If you had a brain, you would understand insulting and cursing doesn't break the structural integrity of an argument. They're not even part of the argument.' Yes it does - it shows that your vocabulary is very limited. For you to think your point will be taken serious whilst swearing is illogical.

@Slay - like I said - I'm entitled to my opinion just as you're entitled to yours. Not being arrogant in the slightest.
Yeah, I don't need to swear or insult to get my point across, but I prefer to, you fag.

You've been ignoring my refutations. Don't sit there on the high chair and claim you're very open-minded.

My vocabulary is limited? Wow, that's a first. People insult me all the time for using too many big-boy words. And no, it's actually not. Plenty of people have take me serious when I swear or iinsult. Your arbitrary standards of how to withstand a intellectual conversation are the only things impeding.

Ease

Onyx user!
Cann!bal said:
It's simply not according to the bible. It's according to you. It's according to your own interpretation. There are plenty of interpretations which contradict yours. All which hold the same amount of validity as yours.

The Bible never explicitly claims rape is a sin. It condemns it (for the most part) in some verses, but that's about it.

Two sisters were guilty of "committing whoredoms" by pressing their breasts and bruising "the teats of their virginity." As a punishment, one sister's nakedness was discovered, her children were taken from her, and she was killed by the sword. And the fate of the surviving sister was even worse: Her nose and ears were cut off, she was made to "pluck off" her own breasts, and then after being raped and mutilated, she is stoned to death. Ezekiel 23:1-49

If a betrothed virgin is raped in the city and doesn't cry out loud enough, then "the men of the city shall stone her to death." Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If a man rapes an unbetrothed virgin, he must pay her father 50 shekels of silver and then marry her. Deuteronomy  22:28

God is angry at David for having Uriah killed. As a punishment, he will have David's wives raped by his neighbor while everyone else watches. It turns out that the "neighbor" that God sends to do his dirty work is David's own son, Absalom (16:22). 2 Samuel 12:11-12

These are just some of the verses which exhibit blatant injustices regarding rape.

Yeah, I don't need to swear or insult to get my point across, but I prefer to, you fag.

You've been ignoring my refutations. Don't sit there on the high chair and claim you're very open-minded.

My vocabulary is limited? Wow, that's a first. People insult me all the time for using too many big-boy words. And no, it's actually not. Plenty of people have take me serious when I swear or iinsult. Your arbitrary standards of how to withstand a intellectual conversation are the only things impeding.

lmao. still being petty and pathetic. haven't got time for your stupidity. don't bother replying back. bye.

Mr. X

Power member.
Sus said:
lmao. still being petty and pathetic. haven't got time for your stupidity. don't bother replying back. bye.

Nice debating skills, you really proved him wrong.

cas

They're pawns. They're tired and lost and need something to hold onto, to "guide" them. Delusions of adequacy keep them going. I'd really like to speak to you on anything other than this. Your wording captures the essence of similar interests quite nicely.