• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Top Seven Anitivirus Protections

What The best type of Anivirus Protections

• Total voters
RE: [Top Seven Anitivirus Protections]

Bad Blood™ said:
Silver said:
Bad Blood™ said:
@Silver, it is definitely opinion based to some extent.
But some anti viruses are better in many ways than others.
NOD32 has the most advanced database as it is one of the few AV's that has certain polymorphic snippets added to its database.

I completely agree with you. Same are better than others, but there's isn't the "best" one.

I am very fond of ESET NOD32, Avast!, Avira, Kaspersky. I used AVG, and never had problems with it, but I like Avast! better.

The main issue with AVG which is supposedly fixed was an issue of uninstalling it. For a while it was considered a rogue AV.

Really? Didn't know that about it being called a rogue AV.

I didn't have any problems uninstalling it two months back. Lucky me!

What's the best free one, and what do people use for malware? I have to use Malwarebytes

There aren't any best AV's it's up to you what you think is good. Although, some are better than others. I use Malwarebytes' for a secondary scanner, as well.

Lol @ Blood. Well what do you two personally recommend for me? It has to be free though, or I'll find an "illegal" copy of it?

I personally recommend;

Those are just a few I am very fond of. All are relatively great, and have positive reviews on them. :smile:

Chevon

Silver said:
Bad Blood™ said:
Silver said:
Bad Blood™ said:
@Silver, it is definitely opinion based to some extent.
But some anti viruses are better in many ways than others.
NOD32 has the most advanced database as it is one of the few AV's that has certain polymorphic snippets added to its database.

I completely agree with you. Same are better than others, but there's isn't the "best" one.

I am very fond of ESET NOD32, Avast!, Avira, Kaspersky. I used AVG, and never had problems with it, but I like Avast! better.

The main issue with AVG which is supposedly fixed was an issue of uninstalling it. For a while it was considered a rogue AV.

Really? Didn't know that about it being called a rogue AV.

I didn't have any problems uninstalling it two months back. Lucky me!

What's the best free one, and what do people use for malware? I have to use Malwarebytes

There aren't any best AV's it's up to you what you think is good. Although, some are better than others. I use Malwarebytes' for a secondary scanner, as well.

Lol @ Blood. Well what do you two personally recommend for me? It has to be free though, or I'll find an "illegal" copy of it?

I personally recommend;

Those are just a few I am very fond of. All are relatively great, and have positive reviews on them. :smile:

Yeah that list in not bad at all, most of them are free and work great.
if you guys want the real retail version of them and more I will be posting a thread on them soon, just have to get back to new york on Friday.

Eternity

Thanks for the share. Was looking for something like this :)

Chevon

Paradoxos said:
The site you used as reference is not exactly to be trusted: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/all-internet-security.com

I would be wary of the Shield Deluxe software as a lot of sites consider it as a rouge program.

I see what you mean, it was just some opinions, no worries, it up to the user of the pc to chose the right anti-virus protection that suits them.

Paradoxos

Onyx user!

I suppose so, however recommendations can go a long way. That is the problem.

Chevon

I see, but remember it's base upon the user of that PC, but it's highly recommended that the user get advice from a professional.

Chevon

Lazydude2000 said:
ESET Smart Security is my personal favorite.

Nice that's a great protection, very complex database.

RoYaL RaiN

I actually though avira was going to be up there as one of the best?

Dude, That is just pure BS. Avast 2010 ain't in there, ZoneAlarm.. One of the easiest AV's to ByPass. -.-

Other than that.. GJ! :)

Reality

User is banned.

Nice compilation; I however think that the only two even coming close to being in the top 7 are #s 6 and 7.

Trend Micro came with my Asus and it tends to block webpages a lot.

Chevon

Reality said:
Nice compilation; I however think that the only two even coming close to being in the top 7 are #s 6 and 7.

Trend Micro came with my Asus and it tends to block webpages a lot.

nice, aee it also depends on the computer a user is using.

Reality

User is banned.

No, not really.

A virus is a virus and it will usually react in the same manner regardless of the PC it is infecting.

The better anti-viruses are the ones that take up less system resources and provide security that is better than the rest, the ones in the list I personally dislike.

Trend Micro has a good reputation for things like HJT, but not its AV.

Chevon

Reality said:
No, not really.

A virus is a virus and it will usually react in the same manner regardless of the PC it is infecting.

The better anti-viruses are the ones that take up less system resources and provide security that is better than the rest, the ones in the list I personally dislike.

Trend Micro has a good reputation for things like HJT, but not its AV.

I strongly agree with what you are saying a virus is a virus, but the user of the pc is the one to know what virus protection they need to protect them from future infections, but I always tell my costumers that we as CPT should always recommend the best, and make demands less giving.

Bleric

D: wow Avast isn't in the top 7????????

Reality

User is banned.

It's not a reliable source.