• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Should I buy a PS3 or XBOX 360

Reksii

My brother and I have been saving up a lot of money for a Gaming Console, our options is either an XBOX 360 or a PS3.

We like playing online, I don't know much yet, but my friends told me to play XBOX Live, we need to pay for a Live Membership or something?

Please suggest your options to me with a specific reason.

Reksii

But, for XBOX, Must we pay to play Live online?
Yeah, I like PS3, but the games are pretty expensive. I don't mind a lot about that though, since I would just buy 2 games and play it for the rest of my Life. Haha.

CrossFires

xbox360 way better.. + that kinect feature rocks

Icon

PS3 With no doubt...
TO play online on XBOX you need to pay monthly... That sucks a lot actually

On ps3 the games are a lil bit more expensive but you can play online without paying any penny :p

PedroCJ

Personally I prefer PS3, because I got used for it, but both are pretty good. I heard that xbox has more features, however ps3 controllers look better. If I were you I would really choose ps3. Anyway as was already said here, it's up to you. One thing I can guarantee: ps3 or xbox 360 you are going to love it.

Yeah, the down side with the xbox is you have to pay to go online. The downside with the ps3 is that some games cost a little bit more. They bad side with the ps3 is that it costs more the bad thing about the xbox is i don't have it (lol)

so as you can see, they both have there ups and downs.

Wiggles

Both are great!
Xbox
Pros: Over 14 Million players online, Many Great Games, More features such as downloadable netflix, ESPN, And hulu is coming in January! Accesories are generally cheaper, such as a mic for only $20 (they suck but they are cheap)

Cons: Disks and only hold 8GB so games cannot live up to their full potential. Xbox live is not free, It is $60 a year, $29.99 for 3 months, and $10 for one month, How ever if you have 2 or more accounts you can get a family pack for $100 and it will supply Xobx live for up to 4 Accounts. Does not Have Blu-Ray or HDDVD built in (HDDVD is an extra addon) 3D is only on certain games. Built in WiFi for only the Xbox 360s monels

PS3 (I personally don't like the PS3, but I will try to give a good overview!)
Pros: Free online, Disks can hold 30+GB so games can live up to their full potential. Supports 3D on the XMB. More universial as it uses blutooth to connect its devices. Can use Netflix with the required DVD. Built in WIFI in all models, you do not require the new SLim model. Disks are harder to scratch, but can get ruined if they get wet for too long.

Cons: Less people online, Online is a bit laggier than xbox. Games cost slightly more. Not as many features as Xbox.

If online is your main concern get the Xbox, $60 a year is not alot considering everythign you get, netflix, ESPN, Hulu, Last.fm, 14Million+ Players.

.D0T

I would recommend a XBOX for multiplayer gaming, and a PS3 for general media. I bought an XBOX yesterday, and am extremely happy with it. :)
Paying for XBOX Live is a small expense for the enjoyment the console brings you.

You should buy an Xbox with kinect. They are good for gaming, and cheaper than the PS3. Although if you want amazing graphics- the PS3 is for you..

Reksii

Yeah, My brother and I decided to go for the Xbox 360. How much are the Xbox Live monthly payments?
Do I pay online or what?

KusHâ„¢

You don't need the disc to play netflix on the ps3 anymore. they changed it to a downloadable app like the xbox. I have both and love both. The only thing I don't like about the xbox is the paid membership, but it does give extra features that I enjoy. Also, not many people have a mic for the ps3 because its NOT included in the box, which is kinda dumb. I like both, but I'd go with the xbox.

JeterFan428

Well, ps3 has been getting lots of great updates! We just got netfilx, and you don't need the DVD. New games for ps3 cost the same as Xbox. And we have free online. To people saying that online lags, that's not true at all if you have a good connection.

Icon

Go Ps3

Go cheaper go happier go something else lol