• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Parents: Fighting/Divorce. Called 911.

Sega

User is banned.
Give me your address and I'll solve both of their problems. Dick can do wonders.

rach

Chad said:
Well, it's been a rough night to say the least. My parents are getting a divorce, at least I think they are. They've been fighting all night for a few hours now. My dad left, I don't know where and my mom is an emotional wreck right now. The fighting got pretty heated and I called the cops. It was my first time calling the cops, it was fun. I called 911 for a total of 52 seconds and hung up. My parents were fighting before that and my mom hit my dad and I thought he hit her so I just called 911. When I was on the phone talking with a 911 operator, my sister told me to hang up, so I did and she told me that my mom had slapped my dad. The cops never came, I didn't give them my address or anything, I just hung up. This shit has happened in the past and it has made my life a living hell. I doubt it will come to a complete end, but hopefully I wont have to deal with it as much anymore. I'm current 16 and I'm a junior in highschool. I was in my living room doing my homework when the fighting was taking place. The fighting was going up and down for hours. One second they're calmly talking and another second my parents are screaming their lungs out and breaking shit. My dad didn't yell much or do anything psychical at all to my mom, it was mostly my mom doing shit. My dad had an affair back in the day and my mom stayed with him, she thought she could fix it or something I don't know and I don't really care. I've been dealing with shit like this since I was very little.

I'm not looking for anything really guys, I just need to type this shit out, cause I don't really want to text any of my IRL friends right now and bother them with this heavy shit.
that's hella tough :c I'm sorry
I'm here if you wanna talk/rant :)

illusion

smh shouldve let them settle this with a fist fight

Fallout

User is banned.
illusion said:
smh shouldve let them settle this with a fist fight

LMFAO!!!

Piece

cannaisseur
My parents got divorced when I was a Junior in High School. It wasn't too bad for my sister and I but it was devastating for my mom. It is a very long and drawn out process that takes a lot out of both of them. I hope everything go well for you man.

Fallout

User is banned.
Piece said:
My parents got divorced when I was a Junior in High School.  It wasn't too bad for my sister and I but it was devastating for my mom.  It is a very long and drawn out process that takes a lot out of both of them.  I hope everything go well for you man.

Yeah, I'm staying strong right now and I'm doing well. I hope you're to.

Thanks man.

Polaris said:
You should have went through with the call. Maybe the cops showing up would have been a wake up call that they are both parents and have a family, and they will have to forgive and forget. I've seen it all before homie, best of luck to whatever happens.

Yeah, that's very true. I've thought about it quite a lot, about what would have happened if I didn't hang up the phone.

Zac

Power member.
Genisys said:
I know I'm a bit late, but I've been there. It's one of the things I've been through, that led me to get the tattoo I got. Now for one thing- sure the police might be able to help- but most of the time, you do not want them there. Why?

Here's what happened to me: my dad used to always fight with his girlfriend. He's an alcoholic, and so was she, so fighting and arguing happened naturally. Well one time, police were called, and I, along with my sister, ended up in a foster home. Social services fucked up my life a little. Where I am now is good, but I'll let you know, it's no longer with my father. Our family was torn apart. My sister is seperated from me. I haven't been with her for years. I've gone through a lottt. Been through many different foster homes. School. Since I moved schools often, I was the new kid and was always bullied. But ling story short-

Don't get police involved. With police comes DCF (department of child and families, social services). And with that comes hell.

The only ones that can truly solve your family issues is yourself. Your sister. Your parents. If they still seperate, it happens. But it doesn't have to be rough. If they ever fight, you need to truly be brave and step in. If they tell you to go away, stay out of it, whatever, yell louder that THEY need to think of YOU and your SISTER. Tell them both to calm down, walk away, and talk it over later. You can make a difference, despite how young you are. They're decisions will affect your life greatly. But you can guide them.

Fuck man, thats rough as hell.

OP| I've been in similar situations to this. I know how you feel.

I may aswell get this out there...

My Mum & Dad split when i was 4 but they've always remained friends for me. And my Mum stayed Single and my Dad married my step-mum. Im now 15. When i was around 9 when my mum was taken away from me. I didn't know why until a few days after, i had no idea what was going on. Turns out my Mum was suffering with a Mental illness, something to do with her Thyroid or some shit.(bear in mind that i was always extremely close with my mum).  She was in Hospital for around a year and a half, she missed christmas, birthdays etc, we could only communicate through sending letters to each other. It was the worst feeling in the world not being able to see/help her. Eventually she was released, but she wasn't the same, it had changed her. She was on heavy medication and it didn't help her. Soon enough she was back in hospital, she then stayed in for just over 2 years, i was only able to visit her now and again and had to be accompanied by someone the whole time i was with her. During this time my father and step-mum had been arguing and having fights(verbal). They had another child which seemed to settle the arguing for a while. But it was only a matter of time before it started again. Long story short, me and my Dad moved out, regardless to how hard it was to move away from my baby sister it was the best thing to happen for a while. We would always visit keep in contact, go on family days out, visit each other but just live separately. My mum had come back out of hospital and has been ever since however i was never to be allowed to be under her supervision only. That brings us loosely to the present.

Shit happens. But its the shit and hardship you go through that makes you stronger.

idek why i typed all that shit but w/e.

Fallout

User is banned.
zαc said:
Fuck man, thats rough as hell.

OP|   I've been in similar situations to this. I know how you feel.

I may aswell get this out there...

My Mum & Dad split when i was 4 but they've always remained friends for me. And my Mum stayed Single and my Dad married my step-mum. Im now 15. When i was around 9 when my mum was taken away from me. I didn't know why until a few days after, i had no idea what was going on. Turns out my Mum was suffering with a Mental illness, something to do with her Thyroid or some shit.(bear in mind that i was always extremely close with my mum).  She was in Hospital for around a year and a half, she missed christmas, birthdays etc, we could only communicate through sending letters to each other. It was the worst feeling in the world not being able to see/help her. Eventually she was released, but she wasn't the same, it had changed her. She was on heavy medication and it didn't help her. Soon enough she was back in hospital, she then stayed in for just over 2 years, i was only able to visit her now and again and had to be accompanied by someone the whole time i was with her. During this time my father and step-mum had been arguing and having fights(verbal). They had another child which seemed to settle the arguing for a while. But it was only a matter of time before it started again. Long story short, me and my Dad moved out, regardless to how hard it was to move away from my baby sister it was the best thing to happen for a while. We would always visit keep in contact, go on family days out, visit each other but just live separately. My mum had come back out of hospital and has been ever since however i was never to be allowed to be under her supervision only. That brings us loosely to the present.

Shit happens. But its the shit and hardship you go through that makes you stronger.

idek why i typed all that shit but w/e.

Thanks for the support. Sorry for everything that you've had to go through man, I'm sure that was tough.

O F

My parents split when I was 1 years old, I have a step mom though and I have to deal with the crazy fights all the time, it's a norm.
Just be glad you have your family, I've been seperated from mine quite a few times, well the little I have... sadly Idfw a lot of my close family :/

I don't like the idea of marrige very much, it seems to be stressful.
I'm not a family counselor but your parents should take a break.
Have some 'me time' , clear their heads and try to rebuild a connection.

If I knew more of the circumstances I could give you better advice...

As for calling the cops and hanging up, you don't need to give your address.
They'll just come :') It's happended to me a few times.

any

User is banned.
I know how this feels man.
I went through the same thing when I was 7.
My dad threw a turkey at my mom and I had the joy of calling the cops.
Anyways, I'm glad you were able to get this off your chest. I know writing about it always helped me.

Legions

any said:
Anyways, I'm glad you were able to get this off your chest. I know writing about it always helped me.
i feel you man.. that poor turkey :(.

any

User is banned.
Legions said:
i feel you man.. that poor turkey :(.
It was the fucking thanksgiving turkey and my dad just ruined it like that ;(

Legions

any said:
It was the fucking thanksgiving turkey and my dad just ruined it like that ;(
(crying emoji) ::(wanna hug fam?

Legions

@any nigga i said hug not "hey son want to suck my popsicle" L0L

YihuYon

Onyx user!
I understand your feel OP, the same happened to me when I was 4. Lost my dad at 8 and my mom last year.
Keep tight OP life will be better soon. GOD BLESS

Fallout

User is banned.
O F said:
My parents split when I was 1 years old, I have a step mom though and I have to deal with the crazy fights all the time, it's a norm.
Just be glad you have your family, I've been seperated from mine quite a few times, well the little I have... sadly Idfw a lot of my close family :/

I don't like the idea of marrige very much, it seems to be stressful.
I'm not a family counselor but your parents should take a break.
Have some 'me time' , clear their heads and try to rebuild a connection.

If I knew more of the circumstances I could give you better advice...

As for calling the cops and hanging up, you don't need to give your address.
They'll just come :') It's happended to me a few times.

Very true. Glad to see someone that I can relate to. Thanks man.

Fallout

User is banned.
any said:

That sucks man, I know what you've gone through. RIP to the turkey tho

Beware said:
yeah man i know how it feels. i've been living with my mom after her and i kicked my dad out 2 years ago. they were always fighting and shit it was annoying af. she recently remarried and wants she wants me to bond with my stepdad and shit but nah ion trust niggas

if you need to talk to somebody hmu b i gotchu

Yeah, we can relate to each others situations. My parents should probably get a divorce or my mom kick my dad out etc, but that will probably never happen or at least not for a couple more years. I turn 18 in 2 years, so two more years and I wont have to deal with anymore of this bullshit.