• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Official new theme announcement! Please come vote, and make a suggestion!

Light or Dark theme?

• Total voters

Philly

Power member.
Well I have concluded that it is about time to have a new, custom theme created for the site, but this time there will be no option of changing to a light or dark theme, there will just be one, single theme. There will either be a light theme or a dark theme, but not both. The primary color will be blue, as with all themes that have ever been used here. You may vote on your preference in the above poll and whichever one gets the most votes will be used. A single theme will promote the use of gif signatures and userbars, which are currently not commonly used and unappealing because of multiple colored themes. All previous themes, including the current ones, will not be accessible to the public, so the only theme available will be the new one. And, of course, there will be a matching mobile theme created as well. I am also open to any and all suggestions concerning new features to be added to the theme. The more suggestions I receive, the more stuff that will be added, so if you have a suggestion, post it!

Fresh

Power member.
I vote for the dark theme, I like it a lot better. The white theme is very birght, and it is hard to see some of the things such as awards and Userbars. But i can get used to whatever theme is implemented, i will just be glad that people can start making awards and userbars for just one theme.

If you end up doing the light theme, maybe it could be brought down a little so it is not as bright. A light grey would be nice with blue or something.

Michael

There's another forum that I am sure you're aware of which was the option to change certain parts of a theme to a different colour. Is that a possibility?

Jimmy

Ex-Staff Member
Go with a dark theme. Light themes are too vibrant.

Skosh

Power member.
Dark all the way! Looks like that's what we will get!

Seven

User is banned.
Few suggestions...
  • Free userbar changes for all groups to make them match.
  • A bar that expands the forum (like hiding the side box)
  • Easy accessible button to go to the Koin page
  • No more drop down bar for the "Help", "Search", "Awards", and "Koins" page's.
  • Make sure the forum color (if it is bright) is not to painful on the eyes. Because people who browse FK often on the Light Theme may slowly get a headache.
  • Better smilies
  • Better upgrade page
  • @Leader reminded me. Please get a different default font...

Nevermind

User is banned.
I hope for a dark theme. I'm actually quite excited to see how it turns out.

Also, make the font bigger on this new theme. That is all.

User is banned.
Seven said:
Few suggestions...
  • Make sure the forum color (if it is bright) is not to painful on the eyes. Because people who browse FK often on the Light Theme may slowly get a headache.
  • Better smilies
  • Better upgrade page

I vote for these suggestions as well, some userbars will not look good with the new theme.

Philly

Power member.
Seven said:
Few suggestions...
  • Better smilies
  • Better upgrade page

I will allow current owners to change their userbars free to fit the new theme as I have in the past, just not the name of their group or other group related things without them paying the change fee. There will for sure be a slider to hide the sidebar as I personally had sidebars but some people love them, so there will be one for sure. There will be an easy button to get to the Koins page. I like the idea of having no drop down but it is just hard to fit so many links in sometimes, I will see what I can have done. If the theme is light which I am sure it won't I will make sure it isn't painful. New smiles, and an upgrade page are an absolute must! All good suggestions, actually.

Philly

Power member.
Leader said:
I hope for a dark theme. I'm actually quite excited to see how it turns out.

Also, make the font bigger on this new theme. That is all.

Biggest font I really need to remember this as I would like this done for sure, although very easy to do myself if absolutely necessary.

Seven

User is banned.
Philly said:
I will allow current owners to change their userbars free to fit the new theme as I have in the past, just not the name of their group or other group related things without them paying the change fee. There will for sure be a slider to hide the sidebar as I personally had sidebars but some people love them, so there will be one for sure. There will be an easy button to get to the Koins page. I like the idea of having no drop down but it is just hard to fit so many links in sometimes, I will see what I can have done. If the theme is light which I am sure it won't I will make sure it isn't painful. New smiles, and an upgrade page are an absolute must! All good suggestions, actually.
Psh, does that mean I get the "Suggester" award? I have been looking to get that forever.

On topic:
If you make a dark theme, will it be black? I think a mix between the two would be great. You should add another poll option. Like a lightish darkish gray. Not to bright, not to dark. Something like this?
NAdWEeR.png

Color Code: A3A3A3

Nevermind

User is banned.
Philly said:
Biggest font I really need to remember this as I would like this done for sure, although very easy to do myself if absolutely necessary.

The font on this theme is too small, in my opinion.

Put it on a sticky note on your fridge or something. :philly:

Justice

Power member.
Seven said:
Psh, does that mean I get the "Suggester" award? I have been looking to get that forever.

On topic:
If you make a dark theme, will it be black? I think a mix between the two would be great. You should add another poll option. Like a lightish darkish gray. Not to bright, not to dark. Something like this?
NAdWEeR.png

Color Code: A3A3A3

I agree with you. I want a dark theme, but not like the current one we have.
I think this one is too dark.

Michael

Seven said:
Few suggestions...
  • Better smilies
  • Better upgrade page
  • @Leader reminded me. Please get a different default font...

I like a few of these!

Spectrum

Onyx user!
I've voted for a dark theme, by the looks it's going to be the final choice.

Pills

User is banned.
I really don't like the white team hurts my eyes :/