• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

NBA Trades/Signings/Rookies

blast

Okay so I'm not sure if this thread will get much attention, but if you are out there and you pay attention to Basketball just enough to know about who is being traded where or who just got signed by your favorite team, I'd like to hear about it. So this is kind of an open discussion on whatever you guys want to talk about regarding what going on in the NBA, but I'd like to start it off with a few questions

Where do you think the "Big 3" will end up? (James, Wade, and Bosh)

Personally, I have not been keeping that much track of these three, I heard on a bleacher report that just recently James and Wade sat down to have lunch and they were basically discussing what it would take to stay the same. It's pretty obvious Wade is getting a little old and probably won't withstand a whole other season, maybe half or three quarters of one but I doubt he'd play every game. Plus, Lebron wants to go somewhere he can get a ring, that's all he cares about. Bosh on the other hand, is basically being looked at by all the teams that know they can't pick up James, Wade, or Melo.

Where do you think Melo will end up?

Okay, so this is the one I've mainly been looking at because there is big talk about Melo coming to the Bulls. Me being from Chicago, I'm pretty happy about that. Now, do I think it will happen? Honestly, probably not, because the team already has a good foundation and they don't want to take a chunk of money to chance what they have. Maybe they will I really don't know. There was at one point talk of him going to the Heat but as explained above I think they have other things to worry about. Plus Lebron and Melo on the same team wouldn't click, they're too similar, they both want to be the billboard of the team and you have to establish one leader or else it won't work. (Like Scottie Pippen and MJ). Finally, there was also a lot of talk about the Knicks capping there money to keep him, so that is also a deciding factor. Now all he wants is a ring and money, just like every other player, so where he will end up I have no idea but like I said I would like for it to be the Bull.

Where do you think Kevin Love will end up?

This deal is probably the least i've kept track with mainly because I am not that much of a Kevin Love fan, but I know he was a really big factor in the Timberwolves offense and some people really like him. The only team I really saw that had interest in him was Golden State I believe. I don't really know what they would do with him though, they could probably move David Lee to center and run a small starting lineup, again where he will go beats me but I'm excited to see where all of them end up.

So if this thread doesn't get any attention and you did take the time to era all of that, at least you can say you learned a bit about whats going on in the NBA in the off season.

Cain

User is banned.
Being a Miami fan I'm at a crossroads with Lebron. on one hand I want him to stay because that's my team and I obviously want the best for them. on the other I want him to leave so all the bandwagoners would follow lol. I think Melo might go to the lakers. Even though the confliction between him and kobe both being ball hogs.

Lebron might go to the cavs I heard. if he did then that's a championship team right there. Kyrie, Wiggins and Lebron. that's better than Wade, lebron and bosh imo.

Amp

Power member.
LeBron's best bet would be to go to Houston, same goes for Melo. Although, it looks like neither of them will take that route. The team already has a good set of player's and they're a good franchise. With a Howard, Harden and the others, LeBron/Melo would make them a championship team. They're already a playoff team, one of those players would put the team right up there. But I don't see either players going for Houston.

With that, I can see Bosh taking that opportunity and signing with Houston.

I assume Melo will either stay in New York or go to the Lakers. Even though neither of those options are for the better in terms of winning, it would fit him better. If he goes to LA, he'd be right at home with his wife plus he'd be making the extra money. If he stays in New York, they can continue to build around him, and he'd be making the money.

As for LeBron, I see him staying with the Heat, but you never know. He could go back to his hometime of Akron and be back home, reunited with his fans. The team is in a better position now that they have signed Kyrie and the two first round picks. He brought them to the Finals with less than they have to offer now so it doesn't seem too far-out that he'd sign with Cleveland.

As for Kevin Love, I assume he'll go with Golden State. He's a scorer and a great shooter from all ranges. He'd fit right in with the team.

This off-season has been very interesting so far. I can't wait to see how things turn out. We're going to be seeing some interesting changes in the League.

blast

@Kaine @Amp I'm really glad you guys replied, I honestly thought I wrote a that shit for nothing haha. I completely forgot about Melo to the Lakers, I don't think it will happen though, I mean personally I wouldn't. I mean with all the Kobe drama, I wouldn't want to deal with it.

Lebron to the Cavs would honestly make me happy just becaus I know he does a lot of work in Akron and I know he's passionate about that stuff and you're right that'd be a hell of a team. Plus the Cavs are a good franchise and they deserve a good team.

Envy

Grizzled
I'm a huge basketball statistics analyst. I know a lot about practically every player in the nba's statistics, and more. LeBron will go to Miami if the Heat can influence him to, or the Lakers if Melo comes, or Cavs to team up with Kyrie and perhaps Wiggins(prob be traded). Melo will go to Lakers to team up with the aged Kobe, or maybe Knicks if Phil is influential enough, or Bulls because they are in playoff contention. Kevin Love might go to Cleveland or Rockets. He won't go to Golden State as they won't trade Klay for him. If LeBron goes to cleveland, then Cleveland will trade for Love.

I think that:
BOSH will go to Rockets
Wade will go to Bulls.
Stephenson will go to Celtics

blast

Omg much love for everyone on here who knows basketball! @Valiant

Envy

Grizzled
I'm calling it:
Future All-Stars:
Wiggins
Parker
Embiid
Exum
Randle
Gordon

Future Defensive-Team
Vonleh
Wiggins
Embiid

Future MVP
Wiggins
Embiid

blast

Those are are some very realistic predictions.

Beats

Power member.
I want the 3 peat back idgaf. Miami better have enough to pay them and bring them back.

blast

Beats said:
I want the 3 peat back idgaf. Miami better have enough to pay them and bring them back.
Not sure if I I'd call it a 3, for a second or two I forgot Bosh was even on the team. He had a good run in mid season when Lebron had to sit a few games but he didn't do anything big in the Finals I don't think. But I did love when they were the big three, they really worked well together.

Envy

Grizzled
Blast said:
Not sure if I I'd call it a 3, for a second or two I forgot Bosh was even on the team. He had a good run in mid season when Lebron had to sit a few games but he didn't do anything big in the Finals I don't think. But I did love when they were the big three, they really worked well together.

@Blast Bosh comes in big during clutch time situations. Without him, Miami wouldn't have won those championships most likely. I dislike him and I think he looks like a dinosaur, but I think he's valuable.

blast

Valiant said:
@Blast Bosh comes in big during clutch time situations. Without him, Miami wouldn't have won those championships most likely. I dislike him and I think he looks like a dinosaur, but I think he's valuable.
Yeah I'm not denying that hes a good player, idk I guess I just don't think the big three aren't the same big three anymore. I think it's would be more beneficial for them to go their separate ways.

California

Power member.
melo is going back to NY James back to MIA, and bosh is going to houston. or wade is gone. they cant keep all 3 with granger and mcroberts still their.

Rambo

User is banned.
If Lebron goes to the cavs they will definitely go far, I think he is going there. Bosh will go to the rockets and Durant will in like a year or two. Wade will stay at the heat.

Envy

Grizzled
@California the Heat partially know that they probably won't get everybody back, so they are preparing the best that they can.
@Rambo agreed, the cavs will probably trade wiggins with some other stuff for Love if they get LeBron though. I like wiggins tbh. I think he has great potential and would hate to see him get traded. Durant will stay in OKC. He's really attached to the association. Wade might go to the Bulls if you think about it.

Rambo

User is banned.
Valiant said:
@California the Heat partially know that they probably won't get everybody back, so they are preparing the best that they can.
@Rambo agreed, the cavs will probably trade wiggins with some other stuff for Love if they get LeBron though. I like wiggins tbh. I think he has great potential and would hate to see him get traded. Durant will stay in OKC. He's really attached to the association. Wade might go to the Bulls if you think about it.
I don't man Durant doesn't even own a house in OK and Wiggins is a beast.

California

Power member.
Valiant said:

im a bulls fan and i dont think wade would come. he'd stay in "Wade County". And they'd probably max him if he stayed.

Envy

Grizzled
@Blast Here's who I think will win the championship next year

1. Spurs
2. Bulls
3. Thunder

These three teams are already in the playoffs. However, the Bulls made it pretty far without their MVP point guard. I believe if they pick up a solid sg/sf in this off season. They will be ready to win with Thibs.

Popovich is too good of a coach to not be in title contention. Even with the aging trio.

The Thunder are an amazing team. All they need is more bench players who can contribute, and they're set. In the very last playoff game they played in 2014, I recall the bench had three points total... Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are a young dangerous trio.

blast

@Valiant Bulls already have Jimmy Butler and Ferdette, they also signed Doug McDermott this offseason and he will be such a big help. If they were to acquire Melo or Wade, or any other big time player... Holy shit they'd be stacked.