• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Music I listen to

Pink Floyd

I like not afraid. I heard it for the first time yesterday. Sounds like he's making quite a positive turn in his life.

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Marshal is a fucking beast. Nice taste in Rap. :)

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
Pink Floyd said:
I like not afraid. I heard it for the first time yesterday. Sounds like he's making quite a positive turn in his life.

Yeah, its very interesting to here old interviews with him, and newer interviews and about how he was a drug addict, etc. Very inspireing. Yeah not sure if it's his top song, but I hear it on the radio constantly.
McGee said:
Marshal is a fucking beast. Nice taste in Rap. :)
Rap isn't my strong point, but it turns around for eminem.

Amped-

I think 25 to life is the best, as-well as space-bound.

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
Amped- said:

Never heard of them to be honest. What genre are they?

To : Pink Floyd
Yeah, and thats a recent interview (call of duty black ops). He had a MAJOR problem, but its cool how he turned around.

Pink Floyd

Oh ok. Yeah, I'm impressed. I don't listen to his music, but his recent songs have made me take an interest.

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
Yes, he is a true artist and raps about life things. Now some of his early songs when he was "screwed up" are pretty bad, but still cool to listen to the transition he went through. :)

Shablo5

You like the weirdest selection of his songs. His best stuff is his older stuff, like 2001 2003. But you put the stupid shit like Ass Like That and the real slim shady. Like toy soldiers was decent, but when you put a song like mockingbird in there without other songs like Hailie's Song and such makes me question why you even listen to the first one to begin with.

I like your choice of Mockingbird and When i'm gone regardless of the rest. Not afraid is a decent song too, although eminem has come so far since the early 2000s. Personally not a huge fan of his stuff now.

wowgeek10 said:
Yes, he is a true artist and raps about life things. Now some of his early songs when he was "screwed up" are pretty bad, but still cool to listen to the transition he went through. Smile

He doesn't rap about real things. Except like 1 song per album. There are other people who are more real than him.

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
Shablo5 said:
You like the weirdest selection of his songs. His best stuff is his older stuff, like 2001 2003. But you put the stupid shit like Ass Like That and the real slim shady. Like toy soldiers was decent, but when you put a song like mockingbird in there without other songs like Hailie's Song and such makes me question why you even listen to the first one to begin with.

I like your choice of Mockingbird and When i'm gone regardless of the rest. Not afraid is a decent song too, although eminem has come so far since the early 2000s. Personally not a huge fan of his stuff now.

We all have our opioions but I do find it funny that the songs that you "do" like are about half the ones I put yet I have the weirdest selection of songs. :)
Other rapers right now rap about money, girls, drugs which is "gangsta rap"..Not true rap.

Edit - He raps about what he sees...Hence real things. ex. "Mockingbird, Toy soldiers, Not affraid, When i'm gone"...

Shablo5

4 songs out of his entire 15 years of a career.

I didn't list any songs I like. I said I agree with a few.

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
I was going by the list that I provided, not his entire music career. So if your not a fan..that's fine..I posted Music "I" listen to.

Edit - Sorry, you said you "liked" my choice of mockbird and thought Not affraid was a decent song. As far as I can recall "liked" and "thought was decent" ment you agreed. Could be wrong though.

Pink Floyd

To say "his old stuff was better and to put that in with his new stuff makes me question why you even like it in the first place" is basically saying that you perceive rap to be about dirty things like killing and drugs.

But rap (to me at least) is just a genre of music that people obsess over and think that there's only one sub genre that best fits the music. Which ultimately means that it depends on how you appreciate the music as a genre.

JeterFan428

Amped- said:

Agreed.

I always here Love the Way you lie on the radio.

Shablo5

Shablo5 said:
I said I agree with a few.

Wowgeek10 said:
As far as I can recall "liked" and "thought was decent" ment you agreed.

Seems like I need to repeat myself again.
I agreed with a few. Do you still need to add things up to understand?