• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Homosexuality - [VR DEBATE #1]

Do You Support Same Sex Relationships?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I'm Not Sure

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Virtual Reality

Onyx user!
Hello RG,

I am about to touch upon a subject that is quite sensitive around both North America and Europe at the moment. I guess I should start off by saying a little something about myself though ..

My name is Jon, and I am 15 years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and I am proud to be Canadian. live in fairly large city by the name of London, Ontario. If you don't know where that is, it's almost exactly between Detroit and Toronto, with a two hour drive to either city. The population of my city is about 450,000, and I am very happy with where I live. With that being said, don't make the mistake of thinking I am a "US Hater" simply because I am a proud Canadian. I have always been a strong believer that US stereotypes are completely inaccurate, as Canadian stereotypes also fall in the same category. Because I live about two hours from the boarder of Michigan, I often visit the United States by visiting the Detroit area to do some shopping. I often also visit Buffalo whenever I go on a nice little get-a-way to Niagara Falls. Anyway, that's enough about me. I just thought giving you a little insight on my life and where I live would better-help you understand my point of view within this specific debate, and others that I may be a part of.

I hope to become an active member of the debate forum, as it is a passion of mine. I love to debate, but I only find it enjoyable if users make reasonable and intelligent arguments. This seems to be a somewhat mature forum, so hopefully there will be no issues. Since we are on the subject, I would like to remind everybody to please make arguments that are not offending to anybody of an opposing party, and I also ask that you keep the feelings of your peers in mind when replying. Having an opposing opinion doesn't give you the right to disrespect another user, as it is highly immoral IMO, not to mention that it is against the rules.

Anyway, let's not waste any more time. It's time to get to our debate!

VR Debate #1 - Homosexuality
Discussing Personal Opinions On Same Sex Relationships

Today's topic is everything regarding homosexuality! We will not be discussing same sex marriage specifically, but please feel to bring it up in any of your arguments. Also, I encourage users to post specifics on their own culture, as it can definitely change the way others look perceive your arguments. For Example: If you are against same sex relationships due to your religious beliefs, I would appreciate your state your religion. This will assist in acquiring general knowledge on the morals of users who are of differing political groups, religions, and countries. Thanks!

Since I am asking of you to post your opinion, I might as well start this off myself. Please remember that this doesn't have to be long at all, in fact two or three sentences is fully acceptable as long as you supply arguments of quality. Anyway, here's my opinion on the matter:

--

I am straight myself, and I am an Atheist. My opinion on this matter is in fact quite strong. I am completely supportive of homosexual relations, and I feel as if homosexuals deserve the exact same rights as heterosexual males. It only makes sense to do so. Personally, I feel that discrimination based upon sexual orientation is just as bad, if not worse than racism itself. I believe that gays are born as homosexuals, and they have no choice in the matter, just as heterosexuals can't be forced to turn gay. Why should a fellow human being be discriminated because of something that isn't their own fault?

I was hear about people saying homosexuals "make them sick". Do you want to know what really makes ME sick? Seeing innocent human beings being tortured both emotionally and physically due to things that they cannot change; not to even the closeted homosexuals. Can you even imagine what it is like to feel as if you need to hide who you truly are, because you are scared of not being accepted by your peers? With things like gender discrimination and racism, you can't hide your differences. Some may think of this as a bad thing, and feel homosexuals are better off because they have the choice to come out or not. I couldn't disagree more with this! If you can't hide something, the majority of society will learn to embrace their differences. With closeted homosexuality, it's not that easy. I have friends who are secretly homosexual, and I can see in their eyes how much it hurts to be in fear of telling people who they truly are. They do their best to lie to not only their family and friends everyday about their sexuality, but themselves also. I personally can't even imagine the toll that would put on a person, and that is exactly why I think the world needs to take a stand upon making sure that no homosexual will ever fear or be embarrassed of who they truly are!

I could also get into the religious stuff right now, but I think I will wait until somebody of a religion apposed to gay relationships brings something about it up.

--

Anyway, that's my argument. Don't think that you need to post a large wall of text to get your point across either. A simple sentence or two stating your opinion and why you feel the way you do is more than enough. With that being said, feel free to post an extended argument if you wish.

Also, I have posted a poll on the top of the thread. Please make sure to select one of the three options above. Don't worry, it's anonymous.

This is just one more reminder to ensure that you respect the opinions of your peers, no matter what their opinion is. I wouldn't remind you all about this more than once on an occasional debate, but this topic tends to get quite heated and personal so I thought I would throw that out there.

Thanks for reading through this! I hope to post more debates of this kind in the future, so look out for them in the section! If you have any suggestions pertaining to the topic of "VR Debate #2" please send me a PM by clicking here .

- Virtual Reality

Virtual Reality

Onyx user!
The Elite said:
I completely agree, I'm all for equal rights for homosexuals since it's not a chosen personality whereas it's something they can not change.

It's nice to know that somebody shares the same opinion as me, regarding what can sometimes be quite the touchy argument. I was actually quite surprised to see that there was no thread on the subject before, even though this is a new forum. It seems to be a popular debate, so I thought I would contribute to the debate forum by posting a thread where users can safely discuss their opinions and personal experiences.

Will

Onyx user!
I my self am straight, but I do support gays, and gay marriage. If you wanna be gay, be gay ;). lol

I believe that gays are born as homosexuals

But I do not believe that a person is born gay. I believe it's an interest, just like as if you were to give a kid chocolate or vanilla cake. The kid will like one the two more.

Irelandrulz2

Onyx user!
From a Christian point of view, I am not sure whether to support of deny the idea of homosexuality.
Leviticus 18:22 says this; "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Now does this mean, you cannot practice being gay, or to simply be gay. It's difficult and it is still argued up till today.

Will

Onyx user!
Irelandrulz2 said:
From a Christian point of view, I am not sure whether to support of deny the idea of homosexuality.
Leviticus 18:22 says this; "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Now does this mean, you cannot practice being gay, or to simply be gay. It's difficult and it is still argued up till today.

If the bible said do not have any sort of sexual activity until you were 40, would you listen to it, or go on your own and do what you believe is right?

What I'm just saying is go with what you believe, and don't live by a book.

Irelandrulz2

Onyx user!
Ŵ ĩ ļ ĺ į ā м said:
If the bible said do not have any sort of sexual activity until you were 40, would you listen to it, or go on your own and do what you believe is right?

What I'm just saying is go with what you believe, and don't live by a book.
It's not just a book, it's the word of God. If that's what the Bible said, then I would try and respect it. Of course man must sin, therefore of course people will not.

I believe in God.

Natha

You know what, I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks about my opinion, but listen, I don't get into debates, but I figured this is going to be quite an active section, and I will start getting in to these, I don't agree with the same sex relationships, I know they CANNOT change who they are, but it's not right, sorry to offend anyone, but, I don't agree with the same sex relationships and ESPECIALLY marriage, marriage was meant for two people the opposite sex, and I don't think it's right, that's all I'm saying.

Will

Onyx user!
Irelandrulz2 said:
It's not just a book, it's the word of God. If that's what the Bible said, then I would try and respect it. Of course man must sin, therefore of course people will not.

I believe in God.

God is only what you make it into. To some it's just a book. But that is why this is the debate forum. lol :p

Status

Irelandrulz2 said:

You want to quote the old testament?
I can too.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death, their blood will be on their own heads."

It is now your duty, as a servant of "God" to exterminate all homosexuals. This is also "the word of God" so do you think THAT is right too? If you, you sicken me.

Techno

User is banned.
Natha said:
You know what, I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks about my opinion, but listen, I don't get into debates, but I figured this is going to be quite an active section, and I will start getting in to these, I don't agree with the same sex relationships, I know they CANNOT change who they are, but it's not right, sorry to offend anyone, but, I don't agree with the same sex relationships and ESPECIALLY marriage, marriage was meant for two people the opposite sex, and I don't think it's right, that's all I'm saying.

I would have to agree with this statement. I do not like the idea of marriages of the same sex.

Irelandrulz2

Onyx user!
Status said:
You want to quote the old testament?
I can too.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death, their blood will be on their own heads."

It is now your duty, as a servant of "God" to exterminate all homosexuals. This is also "the word of God" so do you think THAT is right too? If you, you sicken me.
I find your comprehension skill below the age of a 10 year old. Since when did I say it was okay to kill Homosexuals?

Next time read what I and others say before compiling a reply.

Will

Onyx user!
Irelandrulz2 said:
I find your comprehension skill below the age of a 10 year old. Since when did I say it was okay to kill Homosexuals?

Next time read what I and others say before compiling a reply.

He wasn't exactly saying that you kill homosexuals, you quoted from the bible, he just merely took a quote from the bible too. Since you said you had a christian point of view, he sorta threw that at you. Basically it was a question do you support that, or no?

Status

Ŵ ĩ ļ ĺ į ā м said:
He wasn't exactly saying that you kill homosexuals, you quoted from the bible, he just merely took a quote from the bible too. Since you said you had a christian point of view, he sorta threw that at you. Basically it was a question do you support that, or no?

At least someone understands.
You quoted from Leviticus, so did I.
So answer the question, do you support that quote from the Bible, the word of "God" the same way you "support" the following.

Leviticus 18:22 "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Also, I find it funny that you resort to insults instead of answering the question.

I guess that's the best way to avoid a question that you don't want to answer over the internet.

Virtual Reality

Onyx user!
Status said:
At least someone understands.
You quoted from Leviticus, so did I.
So answer the question, do you support that quote from the Bible, the word of "God" the same way you "support" the following.

Leviticus 18:22 "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Also, I find it funny that you resort to insults instead of answering the question.

I guess that's the best way to avoid a question that you don't want to answer over the internet.

I don't see how William insulted you. He was merely participating actively in the debate.

--

On another note, I am very pleased with the amount of quality activity this thread is getting. I am definitely looking forward to posting Debate #2 soon. Keep it up guys!

Will

Onyx user!
Virtual Reality said:
I don't see how William insulted you. He was merely participating actively in the debate.

--

On another note, I am very pleased with the amount of quality activity this thread is getting. I am definitely looking forward to posting Debate #2 soon. Keep it up guys!

I think he was referring to Irelandrulz2, and if he wasn't I support homosexuality.

Virtual Reality

Onyx user!
Natha said:
Meh, I kind of support them, doesn't really effect me.

That's a nice way to look at things. I don't know who originally said this quote, but it was some celebrity. They said something along the lines of: "If you don't support gay marriage, don't marry a gay person". I definitely see the relation between your opinion and this quote. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this subject.