• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Depression | Discussion

old

No I don't. I also think that many people that claim to have it self-diagnose and use that to get attention online. Don't get me wrong, it's a very real thing. Just be weary of who claims to suffer from it.

Keep

User is banned.
old said:
No I don't. I also think that many people that claim to have it self-diagnose and use that to get attention online. Don't get me wrong, it's a very real thing. Just be weary of who claims to suffer from it.
Yes self-diagnose & attention online is very true, and thanks for your input.

blast

I have a mild case of it. I'm about to get kind of real, and a side that nobody has seen before.

In 2010 my mom passed away (I was 10) so that's kind of when everything started, and I never knew my dad so I got put up for adoption. Fortunately I was already living with a family part time and they decided to adopt me. Middle school was rough, I got called gay a lot, and I didn't fit in super well because I was from Kentucky and I was going to school in the suburbs of Chicago. So petty middle school shit. Nobody knew me that well and I didn't trust many people, so I kept a lot of it in, thinking it was normal to get bullied and I also played basketball and everything so I had friends. I was constantly sad a looking for attention all the time. High school came and things got better, I fell hard into drugs and stuff and my parents found out and I started seeing therapist and shit. I wasn't diagnosed until the end of my Freshman year when I told my psychiatrist that I would have flashbacks of nights on the street with my mom when we were homeless (another story). I was put on anti-depressants and they help. I notice a change when I don't take them for consecutive days. I've also had a few good friends die, and one of my best friends got sent away because he almost OD'd so life hasn't been all fun and games but you just gotta keep pushing through.

It's okay to be sad, and honestly depression is really common in kids because of out hormones and all of our emotions shooting around but one thing I've learned is, just because I have been diagnosed with depression, that doesn't make me any less able to do anything else anyone else can do. (If that makes sense). Sadness is a part of life, you just have to deal with it and keep trucking. I hope you guys take the time to read this as it is my first time really opening up on this forum. I have a pretty insane life story that I've thought about taking the time to write and share with you guys but I think I'm gonna wait a little bit.

Anyways, thanks again for reading. :)

Keep

User is banned.
Blast said:
I have a mild case of it. I'm about to get kind of real, and a side that nobody has seen before.

In 2010 my mom passed away (I was 10) so that's kind of when everything started, and I never knew my dad so I got put up for adoption. Fortunately I was already living with a family part time and they decided to adopt me. Middle school was rough, I got called gay a lot, and I didn't fit in super well because I was from Kentucky and I was going to school in the suburbs of Chicago. So petty middle school shit. Nobody knew me that well and I didn't trust many people, so I kept a lot of it in, thinking it was normal to get bullied and I also played basketball and everything so I had friends. I was constantly sad a looking for attention all the time. High school came and things got better, I fell hard into drugs and stuff and my parents found out and I started seeing therapist and shit. I wasn't diagnosed until the end of my Freshman year when I told my psychiatrist that I would have flashbacks of nights on the street with my mom when we were homeless (another story). I was put on anti-depressants and they help. I notice a change when I don't take them for consecutive days. I've also had a few good friends die, and one of my best friends got sent away because he almost OD'd so life hasn't been all fun and games but you just gotta keep pushing through.

It's okay to be sad, and honestly depression is really common in kids because of out hormones and all of our emotions shooting around but one thing I've learned is, just because I have been diagnosed with depression, that doesn't make me any less able to do anything else anyone else can do. (If that makes sense). Sadness is a part of life, you just have to deal with it and keep trucking. I hope you guys take the time to read this as it is my first time really opening up on this forum. I have a pretty insane life story that I've thought about taking the time to write and share with you guys but I think I'm gonna wait a little bit.

Anyways, thanks again for reading. :)
I just read through it all, really sorry about your mom & never knowing your dad.

It's really unfortunate situation, love your story. I hope to hear more from you, take care Blast.

Agony

discord: aguny
I used to, and sometimes relapse to it. I have anxiety, and sometimes have anxiety attacks, however, it doesn't directly relate to the depression I have, but it used to greatly affect me a lot. Really all that has helped me cope is time and lots and lots of vigorous self-fornification. (Yes I'm serious). I have a great girl who also came along and helps too. I'd rather not go into detail about my life story, however believe it or not, it's similar to @blast 's story actually. my mother passed away when I was 5, I was bullied all throughout middle and high school, I was usually left out and never fit quite in. My dad was an alchoholic who abused my sister and I. I was eventually tossed around a few foster homes when DSS (department of social services) now DCF (department of children and familes) cracked down on my father. And now I'm in the U.S. Navy, and to be completely honest, hate it sometimes. It sucks being on a ship with limited internet resouces in the middle of the ocean for many months at a time away from family. But I push through.

There's a lot of experiences I could share, but those memories are rather locked behind a door that's just ready to burst open. needless to say, I won't go further.

But truly, in my opinion, the answer to help is people. Specifically a lover. Thanks for reading.

Keep

User is banned.
Agony said:
I used to, and sometimes relapse to it. I have anxiety, and sometimes have anxiety attacks, however, it doesn't directly relate to the depression I have, but it used to greatly affect me a lot. Really all that has helped me cope is time and lots and lots of vigorous self-fornification. (Yes I'm serious). I have a great girl who also came along and helps too. I'd rather not go into detail about my life story, however believe it or not, it's similar to @blast 's story actually. my mother passed away when I was 5, I was bullied all throughout middle and high school, I was usually left out and never fit quite in. My dad was an alchoholic who abused my sister and I. I was eventually tossed around a few foster homes when DSS (department of social services) now DCF (department of children and familes) cracked down on my father. And now I'm in the U.S. Navy, and to be completely honest, hate it sometimes. It sucks being on a ship with limited internet resouces in the middle of the ocean for many months at a time away from family. But I push through.

There's a lot of experiences I could share, but those memories are rather locked behind a door that's just ready to burst open. needless to say, I won't go further.

But truly, in my opinion, the answer to help is people. Specifically a lover. Thanks for reading.
Amazing story you have Agony, thanks for sharing this with me.

Inori

Onyx user!
Alright I've wrote about this before but I'll try writing a more detailed version.

Life story incoming !

When I first started school 1st - 3rd it was fine, I was a really good kid and got great grades. 4th grade year my mom switched me into a bad school. I had no friends and knew no one. I tried getting along with the popular kids and acted really fucking stupid and did fucking stupid embarrassing things in hopes to fit in and for them to look at me and laugh with me as a friend. Eventually I realized they were just using me and were laughing AT me. It hurt for me, I was im 4th lol., then 5th grade the same thing and I felt even more lonely, nobody liked me and it even came to a point where I thought that I wasnt creates my god but by the devil, silly I know. For weeks/months I stayed up all night crying and shit and then crying even more thinking about my parents dying. Same thing happened 6th, 7th, 8th. Each year that passed I felt more lonely. 9th grade was alright. I can't rmemwber much but that's when a group of people started becoming friends with me, I started getting into online chats and met a group of programmers/hackers. I become close friends with 2-3 I guess.  End of 9th grade was my first time ever hanging out with someone, a friend. 10th I had a group of irl friends and online friends. But one of those close friend died and it really hit me hard.. He was like me and young (13). I started self harming and become EXTREMELY depressed. The other 2 close online friends stopped caring and I became the biggest annoyance to them. They left me. I kept self harming and attempted suicide twice and got baker acted twice.  End of 10th grade my mom switched me to a different school, the one im in now. I know nobody here, I hate it.  I'm so so so alone. People make jokes about my self harming, people laugh and mess with me constantly everyday. My grades are Fs and Ds. I have no friends at all (in my eyes). I feel like I'm the biggest fucking annoyance to everyone and even the girl I like said "God your so annoyin".  I'm tired of everything. Anime and programming were my only coping skills besides cutting and now I'm so damn depressed I don't even want to to anything not even programming or anime. I feel hated, annoying, stupid, ugly... Etc. I have over 20 scars (some small some big) on my arm. I was diagnosed with major depression and something called Dystyhmia or some shit like that. I've been on so many meds, bupropion, lexapro, Prozac, geodon, etc.. So tired of life. I'm now getting anxiety and depressioon is coming back like a fucking bitch. I'm starting to think of suicide on a daily... 3 friends have died on me. I get bullied kind of.., im so fcking weird I don't fit in anywhere with anyone and I just want to die instead of living this piece of shit life that's going absolutely n o w h e r e

Forespoken

I grew up without a father, i was bullied all throughout school, never had any real friends because we moved alot (money problems), I was depressed pretty much my whole life because my twin sister and youngest sister would always get everything and i pretty much got whatever was left which wasnt much, i dropped out of high school (i regret), i never really had anything growing up, i use to go without food alot, never really had a girlfriend they only wanted one night stands with me so i thought to myself what if no one ever wants me, but now im 20 i have a 10 month old child and a fiance, i also have a second interview at a hotel near me so fingers crossed that i get it, but now that im on my own things got better, Im hoping to get this job so i can try and get my GED and work on getting my license to better myself for my child.

Keep

User is banned.
Forespoken said:
I grew up without a father, i was bullied all throughout school, never had any real friends because we moved alot (money problems), I was depressed pretty much my whole life because my twin sister and youngest sister would always get everything and i pretty much got whatever was left which wasnt much, i dropped out of high school (i regret), i never really had anything growing up, i use to go without food alot, never really had a girlfriend they only wanted one night stands with me so i thought to myself what if no one ever wants me, but now im 20 i have a 10 month old child and a fiance, i also have a second interview at a hotel near me so fingers crossed that i get it, but now that im on my own things got better, Im hoping to get this job so i can try and get my GED and work on getting my license to better myself for my child.
Sorry to hear that & that's great I hope you get that job.

Good luck.

blast

I feel like this is such a serious side of FK. I love you all.

@Keep , @Forespoken , @Inori , @Agony

Inori

Onyx user!
Blast said:

Thanks blast and you too

Imma go to sleep... see u guys soon maybe idk. might

Keep

User is banned.
Blast said:

Yeah I like this discussion a lot, love you all also @Agony @Inori @Forespoken

Inori said:
Alright I've wrote about this before but I'll try writing a more detailed version.

Life story incoming !

When I first started school 1st - 3rd it was fine, I was a really good kid and got great grades. 4th grade year my mom switched me into a bad school. I had no friends and knew no one. I tried getting along with the popular kids and acted really fucking stupid and did fucking stupid embarrassing things in hopes to fit in and for them to look at me and laugh with me as a friend. Eventually I realized they were just using me and were laughing AT me. It hurt for me, I was im 4th lol., then 5th grade the same thing and I felt even more lonely, nobody liked me and it even came to a point where I thought that I wasnt creates my god but by the devil, silly I know. For weeks/months I stayed up all night crying and shit and then crying even more thinking about my parents dying. Same thing happened 6th, 7th, 8th. Each year that passed I felt more lonely. 9th grade was alright. I can't rmemwber much but that's when a group of people started becoming friends with me, I started getting into online chats and met a group of programmers/hackers. I become close friends with 2-3 I guess.  End of 9th grade was my first time ever hanging out with someone, a friend. 10th I had a group of irl friends and online friends. But one of those close friend died and it really hit me hard.. He was like me and young (13). I started self harming and become EXTREMELY depressed. The other 2 close online friends stopped caring and I became the biggest annoyance to them. They left me. I kept self harming and attempted suicide twice and got baker acted twice.  End of 10th grade my mom switched me to a different school, the one im in now. I know nobody here, I hate it.  I'm so so so alone. People make jokes about my self harming, people laugh and mess with me constantly everyday. My grades are Fs and Ds. I have no friends at all (in my eyes). I feel like I'm the biggest fucking annoyance to everyone and even the girl I like said "God your so annoyin".  I'm tired of everything. Anime and programming were my only coping skills besides cutting and now I'm so damn depressed I don't even want to to anything not even programming or anime. I feel hated, annoying, stupid, ugly... Etc. I have over 20 scars (some small some big) on my arm. I was diagnosed with major depression and something called Dystyhmia or some shit like that. I've been on so many meds, bupropion, lexapro, Prozac, geodon, etc.. So tired of life. I'm now getting anxiety and depressioon is coming back like a fucking bitch. I'm starting to think of suicide on a daily... 3 friends have died on me. I get bullied kind of.., im so fcking weird I don't fit in anywhere with anyone and I just want to die instead of living this piece of shit life that's going absolutely n o w h e r e
Just read through this all, I really do feel bad for you in your situation right now.

When I switched to a new school the same thing happened for me & I hated it, no body talked to me nor liked me.

I had 1 friend and he wasn't in any of my classes, about cutting yourself I know everyone says it but you shouldn't self harm yourself like that.

You'll eventually find a good group of people or a few friends that connect with you on the things you do, just keep fighting through it buddy.

Take care.

Inori

Onyx user!
Lol... I said bye to everyone in my school cause I'm not going back and no one even gave a fuck. The girl I liked said "oh ok bye" and laughed.

Anyways I'm quiting internet and shit so gl to everyone who posted and will post

Gen

User is banned.
Inori said:
Lol... I said bye to everyone in my school cause I'm not going back and no one even gave a fuck. The girl I liked said "oh ok bye" and laughed.

Anyways I'm quiting internet and shit so gl to everyone who posted and will post

You algood man? hit me up on Kik: Portugal or just pm me on here if you need someone to talk to

Keep

User is banned.
Inori said:

Jeez, that's messed up for that to happen.

Hope everything goes well..

Azazel

User is banned.
I dont have a depression disorder but some shit has been going down in my life thats making me depressed but im not no bitch people have it worse than me period. Ik alot of bitches like to vent about their "disorders" and make up lies that make them seem like they have a horrible life but a sholder to cry on is a dick to ride on.