• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Depression & Anxiety

Hurt

I've always been depressed and struggled with both General & Social Anxiety, but it has gotten so much worse lately.
I'm not really looking for any attention here or anything, just looking for advice.

I find that making music or designing helps me out when I'm depressed at home; or feeling anxious at home, but since I moved away from my parents house to live with a friend (3 hours away) things have been so much worse. I don't have a computer to design on all the time (my MacBook is on it's way out) and I can't make music there at all (Mac can't run FL, Bootcamp Windows won't play sound, internet too bad to watch videos to learn a new DAW), and I'm 3 hours away from my family.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to cope or what I should do based on what they've done to help them. Thanks!

smalls

Power member.
Do what you enjoy & love fam.
that's what helped me. I was deep in the whole of depression.

Magic

This is what I said on a similar thread on HF.

"Don't use medication or anything like that. Just try get confident. Do things like go to the gym, eat better, and work on things that give you anxiety. When I had really bad anxiety it's because I felt embarrassed by the way I looked. So I started running, eating better and using creme's, now I have no problems with anxiety. You may have other things that trigger your anxiety, I'm not to sure. But if it's a confidence thing, I may be able to help."

Clashing

User is banned.
Get a computer if making music is the only thing that makes you happy lmao

Hurt

Ofu said:
Do what you enjoy & love fam.
that's what helped me. I was deep in the whole of depression.
Thanks man, I appreciate the help. :)

Magic said:
This is what I said on a similar thread on HF.

"Don't use medication or anything like that. Just try get confident. Do things like go to the gym, eat better, and work on things that give you anxiety. When I had really bad anxiety it's because I felt embarrassed by the way I looked. So I started running, eating better and using creme's, now I have no problems with anxiety. You may have other things that trigger your anxiety, I'm not to sure. But if it's a confidence thing, I may be able to help."
I don't really plan on taking medication, I might though. Thanks for sharing, I appreciate the help!

one said:
what are you depressed about? What is making you feel this way?

The fact that I spend so much time on internet forums and not enough time in the sunlight :((((
Kidding. I'm not too sure. A lot of the time it comes as a side effect of my anxiety. I overthink everything. I mean anything you could imagine no matter how ridiculous, I could think about it. I constantly worry that my friends don't actually like me, and I don't have any reason to think things like these because they've never shown signs or hinted that. I think about a lot of things, usually negative. I don't know why, I've always done it.
Sometimes self confidence issues, but those aren't usually the main causes. I tend to feel unwanted, unloved, etc.

Rare

Damn you have kept this lowkey I thought you seemed really happy. I don't have any experience with this but working out / exercise can change your mood.

Hurt

Rare said:
Damn you have kept this lowkey I thought you seemed really happy. I don't have any experience with this but working out / exercise can change your mood.

Yeah, my mom didn't even know until last year. As for my social anxiety I used to have a job as a salesperson and on my last day of working they all told my mom how good with people I was, and she was extremely shocked because my social anxiety is so bad it has affected my school attendance immensely.

One

Well you're right you do spend way too much time on here. But beyond that what you really have to focus on is living and enjoying life. You're trying to complicate an otherwise straightforward problem. Just get out and start enjoying yourself and not only will you feel like a new man you'll also distract your mind from thinking bad thoughts.

Magic

Honestly the best thing for you to do is get really confident with the way you look, it will fix your social problems like you wouldn't imagine. I could help you with it. Do you get nervous when making eye contact?

Hurt

Magic said:
Honestly the best thing for you to do is get really confident with the way you look, it will fix your social problems like you wouldn't imagine. I could help you with it. Do you get nervous when making eye contact?

Yeah, eye contact is a massive problem for me. I can't hold eye contact with anyone. It was extremely difficult to do for my job interview, nearly unbearable.

ForumKorner

mMeditate and clear your mind?
Watch funny/prank youtube videos to distract your mind from the negative things. You'll end up watching for hours and hours. I usually do this when I have to deal with homework XD it's a bad thing but at the end of the day I still get it done. Take a walk outside and see the beauty of earth, go to scenic places, go hiking. I went hiking during this thanksgiving with my cousin and it was a lot of walking and running a steep hill but at the end we got to see the most relaxing view of sunset and just see the beauty. Some people might disagree on this but smoke some marijuana, just because it's illegal by the government and how the societies mind has been moulded into believing that weed is the most dangerous thing in the world (which is not); weed is probably the most useful plant to use for people who have depression/anxiety. I know people who've become better themselves and have calmed their mind through the use of this plant. Talk to your friend about your issue, it's best to just let things out your mind by talking to another person. Enjoy life, be happy, focus on being positive. We all have ups and downs in our lives and although you may be at the bottom right now think and believe everything will be better tomorrow. You can kik me whenever at Mac if you need help when feeling depressed.

Hurt

Emoji said:
mMeditate and clear your mind?
Watch funny/prank youtube videos to distract your mind from the negative things. You'll end up watching for hours and hours. I usually do this when I have to deal with homework XD it's a bad thing but at the end of the day I still get it done. Take a walk outside and see the beauty of earth, go to scenic places, go hiking. I went hiking during this thanksgiving with my cousin and it was a lot of walking and running a steep hill but at the end we got to see the most relaxing view of sunset and just see the beauty. Some people might disagree on this but smoke some marijuana, just because it's illegal by the government and how the societies mind has been moulded into believing that weed is the most dangerous thing in the world (which is not); weed is probably the most useful plant to use for people who have depression/anxiety. I know people who've become better themselves and have calmed their mind through the use of this plant. Talk to your friend about your issue, it's best to just let things out your mind by talking to another person. Enjoy life, be happy, focus on being positive. We all have ups and downs in our lives and although you may be at the bottom right now think and believe everything will be better tomorrow. You can kik me whenever at Mac if you need help when feeling depressed.

Thanks man, I appreciate that a lot. Yeah I started smoking a lot more recently, it helps a lot. Mostly with my anxiety, because I don't worry about stupid shit when I'm high. I love looking at the stars, and mountains and scenery. We live in such a beautiful world and sometimes it's nice to just take a minute and appreciate it. I'll for sure kik you if I need to, thank you man.

Magic

Hurt said:
Yeah, eye contact is a massive problem for me. I can't hold eye contact with anyone. It was extremely difficult to do for my job interview, nearly unbearable.

Don't look for things to do at home like Xbox or gaming. These things are fun but you won't get anywhere in life. PM your Skype and I'll help you out more there dude.

Space Time

User is banned.
Go outside and force your self to meet new people and do new stuff.
That is the only resolution to your problem dude.

You live at your friends house, and I'm guessing he is one of your close friends. So why not talk to him about your problem. Getting it out is a part of fixing the problem and I think you really need to do that.

But yeah other then that I think you just feel home sick...You feel lost without your parents and your old life so you feel sad, depressed and anxious for something.
That something is your computer and your desire to design and make music, etc.

Audacity

Personally, I'd recommend talking to people about it.

If you ever need someone to talk to, PM me. I'll give you my Skype. I've been there for a lot of people, over a long period of time. I've also had someone be there for me, when I needed it. I know your pain man.
Message me if you ever need anything.

edgy

Power member.
geit fucked 24/7. should help.

also just go out and do shit. i suffered same probs as u.

rach

Honestly i tried to distance my self form this online 2D world, and went out exploring or going for walks made me feel much better!