• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Braces.

Julian

Power member.
I want to get braces, my teeth aren't really too crooked but i do want perfect rows of teeth. Someone with experience with braces, can you tell me how they feel when you get them done and the Con's of having braces, thanks.

Julian

Power member.
@matigo is she doing anything to cause the infections?

Zac

Power member.
I know lots of people who've had them. They all say that it was worth it. But they can be painful at times. And annoying. And ulcers are common.

Julian

Power member.
@matigo what other problems?

@zac as long as my teeth are straight in the end, that all doesn't matter.

anx

Braces suck, I have them and there is a lot of things that you can't eat like for example ice is really hard to eat anything sticky and first few days you get them on they hurt on anything you bite down on so its soup or ice cream for first few days. you have to brush your teeth after every meal and floss. then got to go the dentist once a month to adjust them it's a lot of work imo but worth it in the end.

Julian

Power member.
@producer i brush my teeth normally 3 times a day, don't floss as much though. It does seem like a lot of work and you're right i'm sure it is worth it in the end though. How long have you had them on?

@matigo sucks to hear for your girlfriend.

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
Mainly depends on who you get them done by. It is obvious that you WILL have pain no matter what. When you first get them on it will bother you for almost a month, maybe 2-3 weeks. Your teeth are adjusting to them and the pain of some nigga putting a lot of metal and wires on your teeth with a scary looking tool. Once you have adjusted to them you will go in for routine checkups, I don't remember how often, but some time. Every time you go in they adjust them and tighten them, and every few times you go in you have to get your wires fixed or have new ones put in, and that hurts for maybe a week or two. But regardless every check up, they adjust the braces and that will hurt for a week or two. I had full braces, which is just top and bottom so that may differ if you get only top, or only bottom.

Julian

Power member.
@therapy yeah i want both rows of teeth, top and bottom. Of course, there is going to be pain. Do you know how much the total costs were?

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
Julian said:
@therapy yeah i want both rows of teeth, top and bottom. Of course, there is going to be pain. Do you know how much the total costs were?

Not too sure, but for me something around $3,000. I also have a retainer though, and I wear that every now and then. AND I also have a permanent retainer, it is a metal wire with some type of special glue so it is always on my teeth regardless of where I am. I can not take it off, but I can obviously take off the normal retainer.

Julian

Power member.
@therapy permanent retainer? So you can never take it off?

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
Julian said:
@therapy permanent retainer? So you can never take it off?

I assume it will eventually be taken off, but permanent as in you can't take it out, and you don't need to. Most retainers that are NORMAL can be taken out anytime, this won't be taken out until one of the brace people take it off.

Julian

Power member.
@therapy oh okay i see, yeah my aunt was telling me that you're supposed to wear the retainer after getting your braces off for at least 6 months day & night then you only wear it at night after the 6 months.

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
Julian said:
@therapy oh okay i see, yeah my aunt was telling me that you're supposed to wear the retainer after getting your braces off for at least 6 months day & night then you only wear it at night after the 6 months.

Yeah, I am at the point where I only wear it like 2-3 times a week at night.

Julian

Power member.
@therapy how much days are you supposed to be wearing it, every day?

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
Julian said:
@therapy how much days are you supposed to be wearing it, every day?

The permanent retainer is permanent, so yeah. The other retainer I only wear it at night a few days a week.

Julian

Power member.
@therapy that sucks to be wearing that thing 24/7.

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
Julian said:
@therapy that sucks to be wearing that thing 24/7.

Not at all. After a bit your mouth becomes so much use to it, it is basically like teeth.