• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

ban list and junking threads

Jimmy

Ex-Staff Member
gunnar said:
it was supposed to be brought back last may but never happened
Just like one of the many ideas that never happened.

Liquids

Bumping this straight to the top, I want to be able to junk my own threads tbh

Chill

gunnar said:
i feel that but i've done it in the past and nothing so whatever
but the ban list being seen is a necessity
PM me and I'll delete what I can, the ban list won't be coming back to my knowledge.

The reason why junking threads was taken away is because a few people went crazy and kind of deleted thousands of posts.

@Poop
@Quad

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
m
Chill said:
PM me and I'll delete what I can, the ban list won't be coming back to my knowledge.

The reason why junking threads was taken away is because a few people went crazy and kind of deleted thousands of posts.

@Poop
@Quad

that's not accurate, poop wasn't around when i joined and we still had the ability to junk threads. also i couldn't junk threads until 6+ months after i joined because i needed to have P+ to junk them.

Chill

gunnar said:
that's not accurate, [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]poop wasn't around when i joined and we still had the ability to junk threads.[/font]
It became a Power+ ability, maybe that's why?

Chill

gunnar said:
read my post above
it was edited while you must have been replying
Well the Poop and Quad incident might have been before your time.

That's probably why it became a Power+ requirement in the first place, can't see it returning nonetheless.

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
Chill said:
Well the Poop and Quad incident might have been before your time.

That's probably why it became a Power+ requirement in the first place, can't see it returning nonetheless.
why do you think so?
i hate having all these threads with titles such as junk and ..., it's just very cluttered and annoying.

Chill

gunnar said:
why do you think so?
i hate having all these threads with titles such as junk and ..., it's just very cluttered and annoying.
Because of such thing happening again, when you junk a post it gets deleted from the board to my knowledge. If you "Soft Delete" a post it does not which keeps previous post count on the board. If you want threads deleted just send me a message or one of the Staff members, we'd be glad to help.

Color

Chill said:

@Poop
@Quad

That isn't the reason at all?  Lol.  Poop deleted all those posts as a moderator.  Not to mention, the junk feature wasn't here yet and he perm deleted them.  The junk feature just wasn't compatible when upgrading to the new version of MyBB.  I believe Jimmy coded the previous one.

Chill

Color said:
That isn't the reason at all?  Lol.  Poop deleted all those posts as a moderator.  Not to mention, the junk feature wasn't here yet and he perm deleted them.  The junk feature just wasn't compatible when upgrading to the new version of MyBB.  I believe Jimmy coded the previous one.

Well I was here when it happened and from memory Poop was never a Moderator in my time being here, that's why I thought otherwise. Poop used to MM all my deals when I started and can never recall him being on the Staff team.

Was just stating what I was lead to believe to be true, if not that's fine. Always good to know how things really unfolded @Color no debate here mate.

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
Color said:
from what i'd heard about poop being a mod this seems accurate