• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

01/10/2015 News & Updates!

Philly

Power member.
Regarding the @michael situation: Well the past few days I have kinda decided to take a little break and kinda let things settle a bit before digging in, I hope everyone can understand. So basically after what I have come to figure out is that on 12-28-2014 Michael had sold 3,030 Koins and 8 awards. I immediately took action, so no further damage was done however it was already a bit late. After a bit of investigating, it is clear that Michael had generated the Koins in order for them to be sold and created the awards sold from scratch. Please keep in mind he was not allowed to do this, nor asked for permission to do this. When I later contacted him he had told me he did it for the site and thought the money would benefit the site, but in the long run I have not seen a penny and he has made up nothing but excuses whilst holding over a thousand dollars he had generated from this. During this time he had also sold @"Hope"'s account to a known scammer, in which that person scammed two users. So in conclusion he will remain permanently banned and I will be left refunding the thousand+ dollars to the FK members that where effected by this as he sold everything extremely below value. Everyone will receive their refunds for the Koins and Awards they purchased with the money raised from the auctions.​

After this I have decided to go back to my old ways and only have moderators on the team for the time being. Perhaps I will add the staff group back over time, but for now I feel that it will be best if I take care of everything on that level, whilst moderators assist with what I really need help with at this time, which is moderation. With that being said I have now added only one new moderator to the team which is @"[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]GrƷƷd[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]". My next selection of moderators will strictly be based off users within the Verified group, absolutely no one else will have a chance within the team from this point further.[/font]

For anyone wondering about @beware, he had decided to take several groups without permission in an attempt to raise money for a theme he was trying to purchase for his very own forum. This happened just a day directly after the michael situation, so he for sure has no excuse nor has he tried to have one. He in fact completely admits to what he has done and even admitted he thought it would have went unnoticed.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I have just completed the order for FK T-shirts I have chosen a design from the contest located [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]here[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif], and the user that created the work has been notified for his winnings. To preview the shirt please go [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]here[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif].[/font]

Koin Donations have now been turned back on and have been for a couple days now for those that have not already been made aware of this.

Username history deletion will soon be available to Investors. The Investors group also has the ability to give or take 20 reputation points.

Social network icons have been added to the user post bit (beside users posts). To add any of these to your profile please edit the settings here. By enabling any of the social networks within the page linked above you will have linking social network images displayed on your profile page [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]under the MISC tab [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]as well as the post bit, beside yours posts. (An easy to find link will be added to the User CP in the coming week.)[/font]

We currently have a Posting Contest that started today, and we also have a giveaway currently open here. 

The three auctions I created last week came to an end with each winning bidder not paying up. Due to this I will be offering one new auction along with a new package deal only available to the first 5 members to purchase it. These packages will never be available again and will be highly exclusive. Please check the links below for additional details about this.
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Group Username Font Style Feature! [Auction][/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Package Deal (5 .GIF Packages available)[/font]

Over the weekend I expect to be adding several other new features, users that support the site over this time really helps determine what all can be done however.

Moon Knight

Thanks for the update Philly! Glad to hear this.

Congrats to @"GrƷƷd".

Tortas

User is banned.
Thanks for the information. Just go ahead and ignore my message on beware. lol. I am sure he just wanted to be successful as you when he created his forum.

Anyways, thanks for the updates my friend.

Random

@'gr33d' congratulations mate, I'm glad to see you are getting back on the Team. Hopefully you can re-attain the Status you were once at :)

Philly

Power member.
Radical said:
Wait so is @hope ever going to come back in like the DWC group?
He may come back but he first must work out the issue with those that where scammed.

NoTez

Onyx user!
Having such a big reputation and responbility on a forum like this and scamming others? How can seriously anyone do such thing and ruin their fucking reputation. Also for Beware, he would get more members if he was a loyal staff member on Forumkorner instead of trying to earn funds by fucking over Forumkorner.

Same goes for Michael, what a douche.

м¢ℓσνιη

Damn, shows how scum these users are...
Also congrats @"GrƷƷd" on getting mod ! :)

Jimmy

Ex-Staff Member
Nice updates. The Michael situation was a big loss. Hope you choose better staff next time.

Gym

based 😎
Nice updates & thanks for the clarification.
Hope to see many more updates in the near future. :)

jason

So many sacrifices to make up for the asinine decisions made by a couple of feeble-minded morons.

Nasyr

User is banned.
I love the fact that Beware gave me a warning on here because I wrote a bad review on HF about a hosting company.
He must have been friends with the owner? After I told him I wasn't removing it he looked for anyways to make my time here hard.
Not being active that much it made it harder for him so he looked for any reason to fuck my account over.

Cybering

User is banned.
Glad to hear you explaining stuff.

But @Philly why don't you restrict admins from using certain parts of the ACP such as NewPoints & Maintenance?

Also is this mybb 1.6 or 1.8

I'm pretty sure its 1.6 but the theme is throwing me a curve ball lol

Philly

Power member.
Pimp said:
Glad to hear you explaining stuff.

But @Philly why don't you restrict admins from using certain parts of the ACP such as NewPoints & Maintenance?

Also is this mybb 1.6 or 1.8

I'm pretty sure its 1.6 but the theme is throwing me a curve ball lol

Nobody EVER has bad access to basically any of the admic cp at all this includes newpoints and much more. There has been only 2 members excluding official MyBB staff members that have even had access to much of any of the ACP. As stated in several others posts from members thinking I give permissions out the ass, that is not near how michael added Koins to begin with, or did anything. @michael was also a staff member and a trusted member of this forum for and extreme amount of time, in reality if you think me giving a trusted user permissions over an excessive amount of time building trust then your surely know nothing about forum management, or website management in general.

Philly

Power member.
Nasyr said:
I love the fact that Beware gave me a warning on here because I wrote a bad review on HF about a hosting company.
He must have been friends with the owner? After I told him I wasn't removing it he looked for anyways to make my time here hard.
Not being active that much it made it harder for him so he looked for any reason to fuck my account over.
I would watch what is say without providing proof for everyone to see, starting drama & rumors is how you end your membership on ForumKorner.

I also find it extremely humorous you said nothing about this, nor reported this to me until now that he is banned.