• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

ya boy got his PC now

Particles

Power member.

Would say it was fun to build, but it wasn't. I was nervous the whole time and praying to god that it would post and boot to the BIOS monkaS
But it did so we all gud.

Parts list if anyone is interested;

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/67vVWb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£320.00)
CPU Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36 87.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£115.00)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard (£250.00)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£80.00)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£80.00)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card (£390.00)
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer ATX Full Tower Case (£105.00)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx White 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£125.00)
Monitor: Samsung C27HG70 26.9" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor (Purchased For £500.00)
Keyboard: Logitech G Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard (Purchased For £100.00)
Mouse: Logitech G703 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Optical Mouse (Purchased For £75.00)
Headphones: SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset (£99.00 @ Currys PC World)
Total: £2239.00

Piece

cannaisseur
Building a PC is one of the best feelings in the world. It's not all that difficult to do but it's a lot of fun. When I put together my first PC and got ready for the initial boot, the nerves really start to kick in haha. I pressed the button and nothing happened, everything was plugged in correctly, I just forgot to flip the psu on lmao. Glad your build went smoothly and I hope she treats you well.

Particles

Power member.
Building a PC is one of the best feelings in the world. It's not all that difficult to do but it's a lot of fun. When I put together my first PC and got ready for the initial boot, the nerves really start to kick in haha. I pressed the button and nothing happened, everything was plugged in correctly, I just forgot to flip the psu on lmao. Glad your build went smoothly and I hope she treats you well.
Yeah mate I agree, it's SO satisfying. I just hate that feeling at the back of your mind the whole time. The "will it boot or nah" doubts in your head.
I've never once let it affect me when building PC's for friends or family but when it's your own and you want to have it up and running as soon as possible, christ it's nerve wracking LMAO.

Oh she is already! temps are great, silent, case is sleek, not too much RGB going on. Frame rates are great, even at 1440p maxed out on Modern Warfare (only running a 2060 super which isn't the best choice for 1440p 144hz, depending on the game)

I just need to practice games now! Not played CSGO for over 2 years and it shows! I'm SO bad.

hoshanaeckhart

Yes i know its a strange question so i need to explain why i chose that as the thread title.
I have been a gamer since 1982 and got into pc games in 2002 , in 2016 i got my first cost built pc , as i was choosing the componants pc gamer dropped through the door and i saw a report that the gtx 1080 had just been released so i removed the titan from my build. The rig cost £3k ..... Not bragging just saying.

NEW GAMES
Before i buy a game i always look at what problems some players have reported in discussions tabs in say the steam client and other places.
Their does not seem to be any set pattern as to why some new games wont run on certain pc's , example, i see reports of players saying cpu 100% and they are only on the menu page and not actually playing the game. maybe its down to bad programming. I have seen players report tons of problems with a new game that has worked ok for me. Some have better machines than me and some have lower spec machines than me. For example... BLACKSAD on steam threads is full of crash reports that i never experienced , that said , i tried to use SEA OF THIEVES and for some unknown reason, I just could not use it. Regardless of the price of a pc their does not seem to be any hard fast rules as to why something may not work. check website

OLDER GAMES
A lot of players have problems because their pc is just too good for an old game and dont understand how compatability mode works , in one of the myst games if you jump onto a cliff you just fall through it but if you use compatability mode you land on solid ground.

One guy said his son got a refund on a game just because it would not run with all settings at max !!!

One of the commonest problem areas is that some players dont understand how AI works , simply "knowing" what to do is not enough , the games AI needs to recognise that you have done a certain something , example , in games that give you quests and missions you can walk round the whole of the games playing area and nothing will happen. The game will not give you any missions unless its AI recognises that a character has told you to travel to a certain place , only then will the person your looking for give you a mission.

Last edited:

LyndaBoyd

Would say it was fun to build, but it wasn't. I was nervous the whole time and praying to god that it would post and boot to the BIOS monkaS
But it did so we all gud.

Parts list if anyone is interested;

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/67vVWb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£320.00)
CPU Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36 87.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£115.00)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard (£250.00)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£80.00)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£80.00)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card (£390.00)
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer ATX Full Tower Case (£105.00)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx White 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£125.00)
Monitor: Samsung C27HG70 26.9" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor (Purchased For £500.00)
Keyboard: Logitech G Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard (Purchased For £100.00)
Mouse: Logitech G703 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Optical Mouse (Purchased For £75.00)
Headphones: SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset (£99.00 @ Currys PC World) If you want to find the game Pocket City 2 APK, the website https://getmodnow.com/pocket-city-2.html will meet your needs even if you don't have to worry at all.
Total: £2239.00
your PC build looks well-balanced and capable of handling a variety of tasks, including gaming. Enjoy your new system and have fun with your future endeavors!