• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Xbox vs PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand.

I really can't answer this question myself. I have an xbox so it would be biased to say they are better but when I went on my friends ps3 I personally thought that the xbox was more simple and the graphics were better. Some of our games get released early and our controllers are nicer to use but I would like to hear the other side as I might want on?

JeterFan428

Well its a proven fact that PS3's graphics are better. I really am not going to state my opinion on this, because both systems are really good and better than i could ever make.

meneer15

The PS3 has better graphics, they just look the same because all games are being developed on the Xbox system and after that they are ported to the PS3 system. Compare Killzone 3 (PS3 only) to Gears of War (Xbox only) and see the difference. Also, if you are a real gamer, you're better off with a PS3 right now because they have got way more exclusive games than the Xbox.

Vipul

I prefer 360 for a cool gaming touch but also when you need a blue ray player in it, then ps3 is the one for you.
Both are best in their own way and refer to the lines of meneer because I agree with them

MisterTickle

It's hard to tell which is better, but I prefer the xbox. There are some technical issues with the ps3 such as people hacking the network. I would simply avoid the ps3 or at least buy it when these issues are solved. There are more ps3 problems then xbox problems.

meneer15

Lol MisterTickle, the Xbox got hacked 2 weeks after it got released, the Playstation 3 only got hacked a few months ago. I don't know how old both consoles are but there are a few years in between them. Also, don't forget the Red Ring of Death issue's with the Xbox. When that was new it was all over Youtube and other websites, nowadays, you don't hear anybody about it because you just sent your console to Microsoft and they sent you a new one. Same with the Yellow Light of Death for the Playstation, sent it to Sony and they sent you a new one for free.

.D0T

meneer15 said:
The PS3 has better graphics, they just look the same because all games are being developed on the Xbox system and after that they are ported to the PS3 system. Compare Killzone 3 (PS3 only) to Gears of War (Xbox only) and see the difference. Also, if you are a real gamer, you're better off with a PS3 right now because they have got way more exclusive games than the Xbox.

That is a bad comparison as Killzone 3 is much newer than the latest Gears of War. When GOW 3 comes out, then we can compare the graphics to Killzone 3.

Zephix

I prefer the Xbox over the ps3, i dunno why, it just, is more familiar to me, if you will. :p
It's a lot easier to handle, and when I get in front of a ps3, I'm like, "What?"
When I get in front of an Xbox, I'm like, "The name's Bond, James Bond."

Fiction

To everyone that said Ps3 have better graphics and Xbox get ports. I do software at school and we researched all this;

Xbox 360 has a better Graphics Card then the ps3, Games are finished for xbox BEFORE Ps3, Because Ps3 is harder to program seeing it has 9 cores to consider whilst programming to xbox's 3 cores. So Ps3 is Faster because of the processor, harder to create games for and xbox has the superior graphics card, but seeing they don't have Blu-Ray they can't actually make the better graphics cause the discs can't hold the space.

.D0T

meneer15 said:
Lol MisterTickle, the Xbox got hacked 2 weeks after it got released, the Playstation 3 only got hacked a few months ago. I don't know how old both consoles are but there are a few years in between them. Also, don't forget the Red Ring of Death issue's with the Xbox. When that was new it was all over Youtube and other websites, nowadays, you don't hear anybody about it because you just sent your console to Microsoft and they sent you a new one. Same with the Yellow Light of Death for the Playstation, sent it to Sony and they sent you a new one for free.

Also, PS3 was only hacked recently because of Sony removing the optional addition of installing a Linux system. The console was open enough as it was, but then Sony removed the option, therefore hackers hacked it to gain that option back.

DarkGizmo

I prefer the PS3. It's more reliable, has a better library of games (IMO) and the online is free. :) I've always had a sony console since the first Playstation and don't plan on switching anytime soon. Microsoft can barely make a decent OS, let alone a gaming console. :p

kehran

User is banned.
Xbox wins for multiplayer and ps3 wins for single player and graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.