• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

World Health Organization: "Meat Causes Cancer"

Cann!bal

Power member.
The WHO (World Health Organization) finally admitted yesterday that processed meat definitively causes cancer and that red meat has "strong mechanistic evidence" of a link to cancer concluding it probably causes cancer, too.

"Processed meat refers to meat that has been transformed through salting, curing,  fermentation, smoking, or other processes to enhance flavour or improve preservation. Most processed meats contain pork or beef, but processed meats may also contain other red meats,  poultry, offal, or meat by - products such as blood.

Red meat refers to all mammalian muscle meat, such as beef, veal, pork, lamb, mutton, horse, and goat."

http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/iarcnews/pdf/Monographs-Q&A_Vol114.pdf
http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2015/pdfs/pr240_E.pdf

This means bacon and ham is now in the same group as tobacco smoking, plutonium, asbestos and ultraviolet radiation. Additionally this means all pork and beef is now in the same group of chemicals that Monsanto uses. Granted that doesn't mean they're as bad as each other, but I'm sure you get the idea.

The WHO, however, continues to make excuses for people to continue consuming meat by saying, "Eating meat has known health benefits. Many national health recommendations advise people to limit intake of processed meat and red meat, which are linked to increased risks of death from heart disease, diabetes, and other illnesses."

What the fuck WHO? If something is carcinogenic and linked to increased risks of death from heart disease, diabetes and other illnesses yet yields some health benefits you don't fucking recommend it. That's parallel to suggesting you smoke tobacco cigarettes because it yields mental health benefits. It isn't healthy if it has the ability to kill you by consuming it on a regular basis. Moreover, meat's health benefits are all attainable without eating meat! Its health benefits can be acquired without having to put yourself at risk and in a much more nutritious and healthy manner.

Meat is extremely unhealthy and does not belong in our bodies. We may be behaviorally omnivorous, however, biologically and physiologically we are one-hundred percent herbivores: http://hateandanger.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/humans-are-biologically-herbivores.jpg. There is no health reason or moral justification to eat meat. Our demand for animal products is responsible for 51% of carbon emissions and annually responsible for the death of 150,000,000,000 sentient animals with the desires to live, to prosper, to be loved and to be free of pain and suffering: http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/. We are destroying the planet and are orchestrating the biggest holocaust of them all for extremely unhealthy food that is not sustainable and simply don't need. We need to make the connection.

If you're interested in veganism, check out movies like Earthlings, Cowspiracy, Speciesism: The Movie and Forks Over Knives to get the bigger argument for veganism. They can all be found online for free.

Siesta

User is banned.
Rhubarb, potatoes, and nutmeg is also unhealthy for your body.

Rice also increases the risk of cancer, according to some studies.

What's the point in living by a book, instead of living your life, and take it one day at a time?

I don't care if I die when I'm 30, because I had a good life. Instead of dying at the age of 150, and have a horrible life.
Besides that, the oldest people in the world, is never vegetarians, at least I haven't heard of it. Do you mind explaining that?

Cann!bal

Power member.
Siesta said:

What's the point in living by a book, instead of living your life, and take it one day at a time?

I don't care if I die when I'm 30, because I had a good life. Instead of dying at the age of 150, and have a horrible life.
Besides that, the oldest people in the world, is never vegetarians, at least I haven't heard of it. Do you mind explaining that?
This will put healthiness and food in perspective for you: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-are-the-healthiest-foods/.

What book are you referring to? I don't follow any book.

I think that's fair to say, however, it doesn't factor that there are significant moral implications to consuming animal products. It is destroying the planet and it is not a sustainable diet. There would be leftovers and no more world hunger if we redirected all the food we feed livestock to the needy. And it is also responsible for torture and death of billions of animals who share desires just as valid as ours. And there are plenty more reasons that play their collective role.

The groups with the longest living people in the world live on almost entirely plant based diets: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-okinawa-diet-living-to-100/. And every statistic I've ever seen on vegan life expectancy estimates vegans will live years longer than their counterparts - the highest being by 10 years and the lowest being by 3.

Devil

Siesta said:

did you ever get high off nutmeg? find times

Siesta

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
This will put healthiness and food in perspective for you: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-are-the-healthiest-foods/.

What book are you referring to? I don't follow any book.

I think that's fair to say, however, it doesn't factor that there are significant moral implications to consuming animal products. It is destroying the planet and it is not a sustainable diet. There would be leftovers and no more world hunger if we redirected all the food we feed livestock to the needy. And it is also responsible for torture and death of billions of animals who share desires just as valid as ours. And there are plenty more reasons that play their collective role.

The groups with the longest living people in the world live on almost entirely plant based diets: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-okinawa-diet-living-to-100/.
I don't see a site called " http://nutritionfacts.org/ " as a source of knowledge, sorry.

However, I don't mind people living in a certain way.
I'll never stop eating meat. I eat food for flavor, not for diets, not for anything else besides flavor. I've tried some good vegetarian dishes, but nothing that I can eat daily, mainly because of the huge amount I have to eat in order to get my hunger satisifed, and because I need energy when I eat it.

Devil said:
did you ever get high off nutmeg? find times
A friend did, and he almost died.
not sure if I want to.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Siesta said:
I don't see a site called " http://nutritionfacts.org/ " as a source of knowledge, sorry.

However, I don't mind people living in a certain way.
I'll never stop eating meat. I eat food for flavor, not for diets, not for anything else besides flavor. I've tried some good vegetarian dishes, but nothing that I can eat daily, mainly because of the huge amount I have to eat in order to get my hunger satisifed, and because I need energy when I eat it.

A friend did, and he almost died.
not sure if I want to.

He provides sources to everything he says. You can't dismiss me because you don't like their site name - that's incredibly unfair.

You're not addressing my argument. Do you honestly think there's a moral justification for destroying the planet and murdering billions of animals for an unhealthy and unsustainable snack?

You haven't opened all your doors to food then, dude. I fell in love with food, cooking and making meals once I went vegan. There are seemingly limitless options. And you're forgetting there's good-tasting vegan alternatives to about every animal product there is. You don't miss out on anything.

Siesta

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
He provides sources to everything he says. You can't dismiss me because you don't like their site name - that's incredibly unfair.

You're not addressing my argument. Do you honestly think there's a moral justification for destroying the planet and murdering billions of animals for an unhealthy and unsustainable snack?

You haven't opened all your doors to food then, dude. I fell in love with food, cooking and making meals once I went vegan. There are seemingly limitless options. And you're forgetting there's good-tasting vegan alternatives to about every animal product there is. You don't miss out on anything.
You care about animals killed for food, but not all the millions of people who gets a pointless dead because of US?
And lets see, what have the humans been doing for the last 20000 years? Eaten meat.
What would you do in really cold areas, like etc. Greenland? How would you grow plants for the whole population there? On the ice?

Cann!bal

Power member.
Siesta said:
You care about animals killed for food, but not all the millions of people who gets a pointless dead because of US?
And lets see, what have the humans been doing for the last 20000 years? Eaten meat.
What would you do in really cold areas, like etc. Greenland? How would you grow plants for the whole population there? On the ice?
Where did I state I don't care for them? Nowhere because that's not true.

Where did you get that figure from? We've also been eating plant-based for thousands of years. Our closest ancestors are nearly entirely herbivores and we have no biological need for meat. We were gathers before we became hunter-gathers unless you forgot. The only thing that happened is we learned how to prepare and cook meat because we weren't fans of eating straight from the animal carcass like all other meat-eaters. Appealing to tradition is not a valid justification for destroying the planet and murdering billions of animals.

What? Are you trying to tell me there's no way of getting vegan food in Greenland? If not, then what's your point?

And you're still haven't addressed me like I've already said you've been doing. Don't bother commenting if you're going to continue to ignore me. It's totally unfair. This can hardly be considered a debate or an intellectual discussion unless you do. Please answer me, do you honestly think there's a moral justification for destroying the planet and murdering billions of animals for an unhealthy and unsustainable snack?

Siesta

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
Where did I state I don't care for them? Nowhere because that's not true.

Where did you get that figure from? We've also been eating plant-based for thousands of years. Our closest ancestors are nearly entirely herbivores and we have no biological need for meat. We were gathers before we became hunter-gathers unless you forgot. The only thing that happened is we learned how to prepare and cook meat because we weren't fans of eating straight from the animal carcass like all other meat-eaters. Appealing to tradition is not a valid justification for destroying the planet and murdering billions of animals.

What? Are you trying to tell me there's no way of getting vegan food in Greenland? If not, then what's your point?

And you're still haven't addressed me like I've already said you've been doing. Don't bother commenting if you're going to continue to ignore me. It's totally unfair. This can hardly be considered a debate or an intellectual discussion unless you do. Please answer me, do you honestly think there's a moral justification for destroying the planet and murdering billions of animals for an unhealthy and unsustainable snack?
In order for a full vegan system to run around, you need to eliminate all transport of the actual food. Else it'll just end up being as bad as the animals.
Greenland is really cold, therefor it's hard to grow stuff there. Hence why they kill whales, and such in order to get food.

Rare

I feel like you're on the site just to debate nothing but food.

Siesta

User is banned.
drummer said:
food is love, food is life

Cann!bal tries to steal my food. that's a nono

Cann!bal

Power member.
Siesta said:
In order for a full vegan system to run around, you need to eliminate all transport of the actual food. Else it'll just end up being as bad as the animals.
Greenland is really cold, therefor it's hard to grow stuff there. Hence why they kill whales, and such in order to get food.
Huh? How would it end up being as bad as the animals? It's not like the world's going to go vegan overnight. It took white people four hundred years to understand it's wrong to enslave black people, another hundred for black people to be equal legally and even today they are still discriminated against. It will be long process.

Greenland is cold and it is more difficult to grow crops there, however, there's no deficiency of vegan foods there.

You still haven't answered me and have continued to ignore my questions and failed to address my evidence. That's extremely cowardly of you and I don't understand why you bothered commenting.

drummer said:
That's a pretty subtle way of putting the argument of veganism. Veganism is more than just about food. It's about the well being of our planet, our health and animal rights, and a plethora of other collective concepts.

I encourage you to actually address the substance of my arguments if you disagree with me.

Siesta

User is banned.
Cann!bal said:
Huh? How would it end up being as bad as the animals? It's not like the world's going to go vegan overnight. It took white people four hundred years to understand it's wrong to enslave black people, another hundred for black people to be equal legally and even today they are still discriminated against. It will be long process.

Greenland is cold and it is more difficult to grow crops there, however, there's no deficiency of vegan foods there.

You still haven't answered me and have continued to ignore my questions and failed to address my evidence. That's extremely cowardly of you and I don't understand why you bothered commenting.
Yeah, and that was the biggest mistake we ever made. I still miss my slaves.

But I am not a vegan racist.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Gor said:
I love eating meat so who cares lelel
Is that really your defense for destroying the planet and murdering animals?

"I love keeping ******s as slaves so who cares lelel"
"I love beating and degrading women so who cares lelel"
"I love molesting children so who cares lelel"

Do you understand now? Apathy does not justify atrocities.

Sonic Youth

Onyx user!
I used to want to become a vegan when i was younger, my parents disapproved of it and said if i didn't eat what they made i wouldn't eat at all. I'm still living with them, but I'm still very interested in the idea, i'm gonna watch those documentaries when i get home, and hopefully when i move out i will be able to live the way i please. I always lurk on your threads and i always enjoy them.

Cann!bal

Power member.
Otaku said:
I used to want to become a vegan when i was younger, my parents disapproved of it and said if i didn't eat what they made i wouldn't eat at all. I'm still living with them, but I'm still very interested in the idea, i'm gonna watch those documentaries when i get home, and hopefully when i move out i will be able to live the way i please. I always lurk on your threads and i always enjoy them.
That's awful to hear, dude. I hope your parents will be more understanding now if you decide to make the change. They might have had false notions that you needed meat to grow up healthy and strong which is a pretty rampant misconception.

Message me any time if you want to talk. I'm pretty confident that you could eat a vegan diet regardless of your parents' approval. Vegan foods are cheap as can get and I'm sure there's plenty laying around the house that you simply don't realize are there.

Gor

Washed IG Plug
Cann!bal said:
Is that really your defense for destroying the planet and murdering animals?

"I love keeping ******s as slaves so who cares lelel"
"I love beating and degrading women so who cares lelel"
"I love molesting children so who cares lelel"

Do you understand now? Apathy does not justify atrocities.

Man has been eating meat since the beginning of time. That's why they exist (animals). Nothing bad has happened so far

Cann!bal

Power member.
Gor said:
Man has been eating meat since the beginning of time. That's why they exist (animals). Nothing bad has happened so far
Appealing to tradition doesn't justify atrocities either. This is the same argument the slaveowner used, the sexist used and the racist used. It has no merits.

I know you're Muslim, so I ask, do you believe in reunderstanding your religious text and adjusting for the status quo?

Actually a lot of bad things have happened. Animal agriculture is the leading cause of global warming, species extinction, deforestation, and ocean dead zones to name some.

Sonic Youth

Onyx user!
Cann!bal said:
That's awful to hear, dude. I hope your parents will be more understanding now if you decide to make the change. They might have had false notions that you needed meat to grow up healthy and strong which is a pretty rampant misconception.

Message me any time if you want to talk. I'm pretty confident that you could eat a vegan diet regardless of your parents' approval. Vegan foods are cheap as can get and I'm sure there's plenty laying around the house that you simply don't realize are there.

i doubt i could find anything most of what my parents buy are microwave meals that either have meat in them or made with animal products, and then very rarely will they actually cook for me and my siblings. I don't have a job right now either because of my grades so can't really buy meals. Not even my school offers vegetarian meals, we have a choice of a burrito, egg rolls, pizza, chicken/hamburger, or salad (with meat in it).