• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Windows 8 Opinions

Damian

Power member.
Ordered my new laptop awhile back, saw it comes with Windows 8 today.

I've been pretty bias against Windows 8, I haven't wanted to upgrade or use it ever and it'll be my first time touching a computer with it when my laptop arrives.

What's everyones opinion on windows 8?
I've heard it's terrible and I should just downgrade to Windows 7 as soon as possible

Doom

Power member.
Didn't like it at first, but I like it now. I'd suggest trying it out for a week or 2.

Chthonic

Onyx user!
In August 2012, I made a partition for my HDD to install Windows 8 RTM, and I personally didn't like it. The UI was flat, and nothing stylish to it. No appeal, nothing. I seriously hope Windows 9 has an appeal to me with the UI, and choice of themes. If it doesn't, I'll stick with Windows 7 until a GOOD OS comes out.

Gᴀɢᴇ

User is banned.
When I first got it I hated it but like week later I got hang of everything but yea I guess I like it.

Damian

Power member.
I'm going to update this thread with my opinions.
I've been using Windows 8.1 for a week now and I don't think it's too bad. I'm still contemplating "downgrading" to Windows 7.
The main problem I had at the beginning was Skype not working when I wanted to play a full-screen video game with friends, however I later found out this could be solved with the desktop version of Skype for Windows 8.1

Overall, I think it's something new and I won't prefer it over Windows 7 anytime soon.
I don't think it's as bad as everyone made it out to be though.

Sin

User is banned.
When i first got it i didnt like it, but then as i started using it i liked it a lot better then windows 7. But currently i am using a mac so i don't really use my pc much. But all in all i think windows 8 is great.

Felon

User is banned.
I honestly hate it so much. Makes everything to complicated. Downgrading soon

Jamil

@hydrogen
I just downloaded it 3 days ago. Runs fast, I like the extra menus and cleaner settings. I can run games with full priority which gives me about 20 more FPS. I fucking love it!