• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

WhyFish's '3D' Light effect tut!

WhyFish

Firstly, I'd like to say this is an interperation of what vertigo was trying to say in Sin's '3D' effect tut, I thought I'd make one explaining in detail what he meant (Or at least what I got of it). This is in no way 'competition' between Sin & I, I do not wish to provoke anyone and by posting this do not mean anything but just a different way of doing this effect in what I believe is a bit easier than Sin's method (Not that Sin's method has anything wrong with it)

mcwtfl.png

Enjoy, This is my first pic tutorial, so excuse the noobiness.

WhyFish

Firstly, I'd like to say this is an interperation of what vertigo was trying to say in Sin's '3D' effect tut, I thought I'd make one explaining in detail what he meant (Or at least what I got of it). This is in no way 'competition' between Sin & I, I do not wish to provoke anyone and by posting this do not mean anything but just a different way of doing this effect in what I believe is a bit easier than Sin's method (Not that Sin's method has anything wrong with it)

mcwtfl.png

WhyFish

mcwtfl.png

WhyFish

mcwtfl.png

WhyFish

mcwtfl.png

Xypher

Okay i like how its understandable but I don't see how this gives a 3d effect at all.. its just coloring half a lighter shade? what is the point.. this isn't a flame post im asking for an actual response on what this does if explained properly I may try to work with it lol :)

Xypher

Okay i like how its understandable but I don't see how this gives a 3d effect at all.. its just coloring half a lighter shade? what is the point.. this isn't a flame post im asking for an actual response on what this does if explained properly I may try to work with it lol :)

Xypher

Xypher

Xypher

Vertigo

AustinB said:

It's not as much 3d as a shine effect. You see it on pips and lots of text signatures. Nice guide WhyFish. I actually didn't know the alt+g hotkey :p

Vertigo

AustinB said:

It's not as much 3d as a shine effect. You see it on pips and lots of text signatures. Nice guide WhyFish. I actually didn't know the alt+g hotkey :p

WhyFish

gaurdjatixa said:
what font did you use?:)
Impact
AustinB said:
Yeah, that's fair enough, I hear people call it a '3D' effect, so I'm just going with the flow
Vertigo said:
Haha :p.

WhyFish

gaurdjatixa said:
what font did you use?:)
Impact
AustinB said:
Yeah, that's fair enough, I hear people call it a '3D' effect, so I'm just going with the flow
Vertigo said:
Haha :p.