• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Why your website is most likely going to be a failure

Oxyrus

After I saw many threads with many sites with low community, here are my thoughts on why your community is going to be a failure if you don't correct those things as soon as possible.

1. You are not willing to spend money on your site.
  2. You have a standard website, with nothing special and unique apart from your domain (maybe).
  3. You are not keeping yourself up to date with technology.
  4. You haven't read anything about user experience.
  5. You don't know how to build a community.
  6. You don't have targeted an audience.
  7. Your design is not responsive or mobile friendly (remember when I said to stay updated with tech?).
  8. You are not willing to spend time and put effort on your site.

A few things that came into my mind, if you have any suggestion about the list feel free to respond.

MCG

Are you talking about specifically forums or websites in general? Wondering since your post is mostly 'community' orientated which makes me believe this is targeted towards new forum owners.

Oxyrus

Iron Spider said:
Are you talking about specifically forums or websites in general? Wondering since your post is mostly 'community' orientated which makes me believe this is targeted towards new forum owners.

Most about community based sites, such as forums, social networks, blogs, through you can apply most of them to other kind of sites.

O F said:
I invested quite a bit of money over several forums and not one of them still exists .-.

What did make your forums original?

Clickbait

hello
This seems like a more friendly version of a thread i wrote for another site.
Eleven reasons your forum is destined to die. said:
1) You're using a ripped theme.
If you want your forum to get anywhere, using a shit tier paki rip from a ripping community is not the way to go.

2) You have no money.
Seriously, don't even try to start a forum if you're so broke that you can't even afford $5 a month to host your forum on a $5 a month digitalocean VPS. Nobody takes a forum seriously if the owner has no money.

3) You don't know basic web development.
The key to keeping your community happy is to keep providing them with what they want, you can't do this if you don't know basic stuff like html or css.

4) You use an overused niche.
You made a gaming forum? Wow, cool! So what makes yours better than the thousands that already exist?

5) You know nothing about your niche.
Not knowing a lot about your niche is like giving a seminar on a topic you don't know, it just isn't going to work.

6) Your site is literally just a copy of a bigger board.
Why would anyone want to join your forum, when they can get the "bigger and better" experience from elsewhere.

7) You have no content.
Don't even try to get people to start using your forum if you have no content.

8) Your forum engages in illegal activities, and you have no idea how to host it.
Have fun getting your site suspended :noh:

9) You don't post.
You can't expect the members of your community to post if you don't post yourself.

10) The only places you advertise are "website showcase" categories on other forums.
If your userbase is literally just a small fragment of another forums members, they're going to slowly forget about you and return to the forum they came from.

11) You start the forum with the intent of making money.
Why the fuck would you create a brand new community, and ask for donations/sell paid upgrades from the get go? Are you really that desperate for money? That you need your five members to empty their wallets into a community that likely won't be around long?

If any of these eleven reasons sounds like you and/or your forum, you should probably delete or hand over to someone more competent.

Oxyrus

Kon said:
This seems like a more friendly version of a thread i wrote for another site.

I thought on the elements, didn't copy it if that's what you're wondering :p

αяυη

Power member.
If only there were plenty of niches that haven't already been done by someone else. It's hard!
Even with a lot of money and advertising, people are sheep and just go where it's most 'popular'
Takes a lot of time and dedication thats for sure!

Space Time

User is banned.
Most apply with these type of communities where the market place is based similarly to ForumKorner...
It's just a matter of time when the userbase starts growing and keeps growing.