• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Who contributed most to skateboarding?

wall

Power member.
cryisfree said:
Dyrdek, Sheckler, etc. Not for their contribution to skateboarding (trick wise) but the community. Dyrdek banks on parks for others and Sheck has his foundations/charities.
with you on this, dyrdek brought everyone together.

cas

wall said:
with you on this, dyrdek brought everyone together.

Make a Wish and stuff like that is supported by major companies which helps a lot. Trick wise, a lot of have contributed, from mullen, to haslam and far more.

wall

Power member.
cryisfree said:
Make a Wish and stuff like that is supported by major companies which helps a lot. Trick wise, a lot of have contributed, from mullen, to haslam and far more.

The list can go on and on, Caballero, Hawk, and McGill.

cas

wall said:
The list can go on and on, Caballero, Hawk, and McGill.

Just hope it doesn't go to shit now that kids like Scumbag are blowing up. With all this clothing propaganda.

Wise

I use to be a big skateboarder back in 2007, but haven't been much into it now. I would agree with you Wall on Rodney Mullen being one of the few who contributed to skateboarding, but when someone who doesn't skateboard who hears the word "skateboard" I think they immediately think of Tony Hawk. He's a very iconic figure when it comes to skateboarding because well think about it, there's been many games named after him, has his own company, and of course has his own brand of skateboards. Only someone who is truly into skateboarding would know who Rodney Mullen was. So, in my opinion Tony Hawk has contributed a lot to skateboarding.

On a side note, I also had the chance to meet Tony Hawk once, and he was a pretty nice guy. It was for some event he hosted at six flags, I forget what it was called though :/

Teen

User is banned.
Wise said:
I use to be a big skateboarder back in 2007, but haven't been much into it now. I would agree with you Wall on Rodney Mullen being one of the few who contributed to skateboarding, but when someone who doesn't skateboard who hears the word "skateboard" I think they immediately think of Tony Hawk. He's a very iconic figure when it comes to skateboarding because well think about it, there's been many games named after him, has his own company, and of course has his own brand of skateboards. Only someone who is truly into skateboarding would know who Rodney Mullen was. So, in my opinion Tony Hawk has contributed a lot to skateboarding.

On a side note, I also had the chance to meet Tony Hawk once, and he was a pretty nice guy. It was for some event he hosted at six flags, I forget what it was called though :/

was is tony hawk tomahawk or something? i remember him hosting that huge event everywhere, dunno if he was meeting people then though

either way thats so dope

Wise

Teen said:
was is tony hawk tomahawk or something? i remember him hosting that huge event everywhere, dunno if he was meeting people then though

either way thats so dope

I think it was something like the boom boom hawk jam. But i'm not sure if that was the name lol. :)

DGV

Wise said:

I was at that event as well. Was it the Six Flags in Jackson, NJ back in 2006ish??

Stalk

I used to watch Rodney for motivation 3-4 years ago and it helped me a lot.
I've always been a fan and I wish there were some updated videos of him now,
I'm more into Ishod Wair. :)

Deject

Onyx user!
In my opinion..... I'd have to go with Hitler. He influenced it to bexcome the preferred method of industrialized residential areas. This led to faster conquering of areas.

Revo

Power member.
Rodney does the best flat ground tricks hands down but Tony Hawk and Bam brought it kind of to the masses. Dustin Dollin is my favourite one :D