• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Which to choose?

Purple Muffin

So you are out there like many many other people debating on what operating system to use. Well today your debating may end.

First off, we will only be discussing windows based machines (I don't like to use the term PC as it is a term for all computers, that are not for business use) so all you apple fan boys shouldn't read this thread, it will do you no good.

Next decide your technology literacy level.
Group 1
Do you understand the concept of text based computing?
Do you have the patience to problem solve your computer?
Do you like to use google?

Group 2
Do you like support to be a phone call away?
Do you want to just take your computer to "geeksquad" and have them fix it?
Do you like to plug things in and have them work?
Do you not mind being restricted?

If group 1 applies to you more than group 2, Linux may be the best option for you, maybe even a more advanced distribution.

If group 2 applies to you Ubuntu or Windows should probably be your choice as you can call Microsoft for windows.
GeekSquad should be able to help you with window and ubuntu

This is what i think and your opinion may be completely different.
Ubuntu has many driver already built in.
Windows is very restricted in what you do, ubuntu isn't as bad but is still restricted.

Definitely Group 2 , because i love and already do all the things which are discribed there.

Monetizer

In between the middle of Group 1 and Group 2, I am not a Computer Nerd but I do have proficient computer skills.

Slug

I'm group 2 but always wondered why people use Linux, thanks, I think I understand a bit more why people use linux.

Purple Muffin

Monetizer said:
In between the middle of Group 1 and Group 2, I am not a Computer Nerd but I do have proficient computer skills.

i am very sorry i didn't include a group 1 1/2 :)

Slug said:
I'm group 2 but always wondered why people use Linux, thanks, I think I understand a bit more why people use linux.

Linux is a great operating system for coding, and especially webhosting, i run my own website from my home server, and if it was windows it wouldn't work near as good, or as simple