• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Which graphics card?

Socks

User is banned.
Which one do you think is the better choice?
7516dd17cc90b1334a2956eee549d040.png

Krish

User is banned.
Why do i feel like you're customizing an alienware, and it depends on what you're going to do with it. I'll recommend you to someone. PM me.

Socks

User is banned.
Krish said:
Why do i feel like you're customizing an alienware, and it depends on what you're going to do with it. I'll recommend you to someone. PM me.

I was thinking of an Alienware as one of my choices. Not sure what PC I really want though.

Rambo

User is banned.
Socks said:
I was thinking of an Alienware as one of my choices. Not sure what PC I really want though.

Don't get an Alienware, build your own. It's gonna be a lot cheaper.

Socks

User is banned.
Rambo said:
Don't get an Alienware, build your own. It's gonna be a lot cheaper.

A lot of people say that lol. I may have to look into building my own then.
Recommend any websites that are good for that?

Daimi

User is banned.
Socks said:
A lot of people say that lol. I may have to look into building my own then.
Recommend any websites that are good for that?

I can throw you something together that will be the best bang for your buck, what is your budget and currency?

Also the reason you don't want to go with alien ware is because they mark up their prices a lot to make as much profit as they can, they'll throw cheap psu's and mother boards in there, but hey it has a 960 right so its good? No.

Socks

User is banned.
Kowai said:
I can throw you something together that will be the best bang for your buck, what is your budget and currency?

Also the reason you don't want to go with alien ware is because they mark up their prices a lot to make as much profit as they can, they'll throw cheap psu's and mother boards in there, but hey it has a 960 right so its good? No.

I'm probably looking to spend no more than $2000
$1500 would probably be where I'm at

Senpai

User is banned.
Kowai said:

Do you go to College for this stuff? Or have just learned on your free time?

Rambo

User is banned.
Socks said:

Just pm me when you can. I can help you build one. I'm also selling parts from my current rig.

Zeus

Senpai said:
Do you go to College for this stuff? Or have just learned on your free time?
he's an anime kid, he has to have a fast computer to load all that hentai

Daimi

User is banned.
Socks said:

Right on the nose for $1600, but there are a few more things I could do to this to make it better if you wanted to stretch your budget to about 1800ish? But all in all, this is a pretty solid build.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z86tYJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z86tYJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.98 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($125.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($122.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card ($649.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1676.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-23 21:34 EDT-0400

Now you could shed out an extra 100 for an i7 but there really isn't a need if you're just strictly using this for gaming and light multi-tasking etc. The i7 would be more oriented towards multi-threaded processes due to it having twice as many threads as the i5, but even so, it's not really worth the extra $100 in my opinion. Now that the new R9 3xx series has came out, there has been performance bench marks specifically for the GTX 980 Ti, and the R9 390x, however in the end the R9 390x has fell below the GTX 980 Ti in pretty much every bench mark. Now as for the storage situation, the MX100 is a great SSD, and I personally run two of them in my own system, you can load your OS and your everyday programs on it for fast access, and boot times. Now for the game situation I put a 2TB WD Black which is a solid HDD that is pretty much used in every build, and it will do just fine for your games. Now for the case, the define r5 is a fantastic, and its my personal favorite to work with, the cable management is fantastic, you can customize so much within the case, and it looks so simplistic, but beautiful.

If you have any further questions just let me know, I'm here to help.

Kamex

Socks said:

Them cards are for 800-1000$ builds max.

Aimi said:
Right on the nose for $1600, but there are a few more things I could do to this to make it better if you wanted to stretch your budget to about 1800ish? But all in all, this is a pretty solid build.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z86tYJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z86tYJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.98 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($125.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($122.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($649.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1676.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-23 21:34 EDT-0400

Now you could shed out an extra 100 for an i7 but there really isn't a need if you're just strictly using this for gaming and light multi-tasking etc. The i7 would be more oriented towards multi-threaded processes due to it having twice as many threads as the i5, but even so, it's not really worth the extra $100 in my opinion. Now that the new R9 3xx series has came out, there has been performance bench marks specifically for the GTX 980 Ti, and the R9 390x, however in the end the R9 390x has fell below the GTX 980 Ti in pretty much every bench mark. Now as for the storage situation, the MX100 is a great SSD, and I personally run two of them in my own system, you can load your OS and your everyday programs on it for fast access, and boot times. Now for the game situation I put a 2TB WD Black which is a solid HDD that is pretty much used in every build, and it will do just fine for your games. Now for the case, the define r5 is a fantastic, and its my personal favorite to work with, the cable management is fantastic, you can customize so much within the case, and it looks so simplistic, but beautiful.

If you have any further questions just let me know, I'm here to help.

This is a really nice build, if you want to save money go for a 980 or if you want an AMD card Fury X, either of them can max anything I can think of at 1080p.

Jake

NVIDIA all the way. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M on an Alienware 17 laptop. Works for most games on highest settings.

doofy

For around $1300 you can build a top of the line PC that will burn through anything unless you do ridiculous editing. Use http://pcpartpicker.com as a step toward what you want to build