• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

What's a good workout for a 14 year old teen?

Malcolm008

Sports activities and outdoor cardio exercises are the best workout for the 14 year old teen.
You should do jogging, running, cycling, rope jumping etc. and play some sports in your regular routine to improve your fitness level and stamina.

adamprowse personal trainer

Doug

User is banned.
I don't recommend lifting a lot while you're so young, wait until you're about 16 to start lifting regularly. At your age I recommend cardio and pushups / situps. Don't do to much heavy lifting as your muscles are at a fragile stage.

Hollywood

Dude, do lots of running, that's all I do.

Cees

Anaheim said:
You should try just playing a sport. Sports get you fit if you are at it every single day.

This would be your best bet since you're young. But if you want a good home workout.. Do a little p90x, but don't overwork yourself.

Deadbolt

User is banned.
Do you have a weight room at school? If you do just go there and lift some weights. Playing sports helps also.

Leafs

Power member.
I wouldn't start lifting 5 days a week, big workouts. You have to remember your only 14.

I don't know if your skinny, or fat etc, but one thing you can start on is your diet. I used to weigh 125 pounds when I was 17, I'm 19 now and I almost weigh 160. Gaining a bit of weight will help you out.

You can practice form, cardio, abs.

GTR

Onyx user!
Getting "fit" isn't all about working out. It's 70% about how you eat. If you have them places at your schoo, I'd recommend the sushi/fish/etc. Clean eating is easy to do with either chicken, beef, or fish, but it can not be destroyed by grease/deep frying and stuff. Starches like rice and potatoes are good, within a reasonable portion, but I'd recommend brown rice and sweet potatoes. Always great to eat vegetables too. It's very easy to fall off track while eating.

Rambo

User is banned.
I would start lifting weights for beginners do a 3 day training split. Monday-Chest and Triceps and Back. Tuesday rest. Wednesday-Biceps and Shoulders. Thursaday rest. Friday-Legs. Also try taking protein shakes when trying to get muscular you should have at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body. Train with weights that arent to heavy, remember form> weight and do around 8-12 reps per exercise and do about 4 sets. Also make sure your eating a lot bro.