• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

What type of VPS is valid for hosting an RSPS?

Dervie

Onyx user!
I'm considering investing some money into running an RSPS, though I'm not sure if I should purchase a Linux or Windows VPS. Although I'm sure you can host it on a Windows VPS (correct me if I'm wrong), can't you do it on a Linux VPS? As it is a tad cheaper.

Relapse

Onyx user!
I believe you have to be using a linux OS to use a Linux VPS.

Dervie

Onyx user!
I'd be using CentOS if anything, as I already have a VPS in standings as I also use it to bot.

T A K 3 N

Packers said:
I believe you have to be using a linux OS to use a Linux VPS.

No, you can use PuTTy or another SSH client. And yes, you can use a Windows VPS (best option for people who don't know how to use terminal).

Dervie

Onyx user!
T A K 3 N said:
No, you can use PuTTy or another SSH client. And yes, you can use a Windows VPS (best option for people who don't know how to use terminal).

Yeah, I have a hard time navigating with terminal, I guess I'll go with Windows VPS. Thanks.

[H]ell

User is banned.
You will need atleast 1024mb RAM, anything lower and it won't be able to run the server without any lagg.
Make sure your host has ddos protection, because some RSPS's just take down others for their own gain..

I am running on a 1Gbps line so my server almost never laggs.
My host also has over 10 years of experience with hosting vps's and dealing with ddos attacks.
It does cost $49.99 a month though..

Dervie

Onyx user!
$49.99 a month is not much, I guess. I'll take it into consideration as soon as I learn some things about RSPS'.