• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

What makes a high quality post / thread.

JeterFan428

In this thread I'm basically just going to talk about what makes a high quality thread / post.

How to make a quality post.
- Stay on topic. You don't want to start going off into a random train of thought. If you started off talking about RSbot you don't want to end up talking about what you did yesterday.

- Know what you're talking about. You don't want to make a thread or a post talking about something that you have absolutely no idea about, unless you are asking a question about it.

- Use the search bar before making a new thread about a question you have. If your question seems like a simple question, chances are it has been asked before. You don't want to make yourself look dumb by asking a question that someone just asked 20 minutes ago.

- Use spell check! I can't stress this enough, your post isn't high quality if you can't spell words correctly. If you want you could even type up your thread in Microsoft Word before posting it, or also Firefox has a spell checker built right it.

- Make sure you put it in the right section. You don't want to post a thread about your dog in the 'Runescape Cheating' section. That just makes the moderators jobs harder.

- Follow all the rules. If you don't follow all the rules in your post you are most likely going to end up with a warning. In case you don't know where the rules are they are right here.

- Use proper grammar. Use proper grammar such as capital letters where they belong, commas where they belong, etc. This will make it so people can understand your post easier.
Why would I want to make my post high quality?

• It makes the moderators jobs easier.
  • You are more likely to get noticed.
  • You will get more respect.
  • You will feel better about your posts if they're higher quality.

If there is anything I missed, feel free to PM me.

Amped-

RE: What makes a high a quality post / thread.

Good job bro.

Nice "guide" man. Btw
- Use spell check! I can't stress this enough, your post isn't high quality if you can't spell stuff correctly. If you want you could even type up your thread in Microsoft Word before posting it, or also Firefox has a spell checker built right it.
It should say "can't sell words correctly." not "can't spell stuff correctly."

Gonzo

Onyx user!
RE: What makes a high a quality post / thread.

Pink Floyd said:

Is that classed as HQ? I might get pink floyd to ban you. Oh wait...

Saged

Onyx user!
You have failed us PF. You're no longer HQ. :sad:

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Well, its a nice post. Everyone needs to take a quick look at this. ;)

JeterFan428

CorruptionX™ said:
Nice "guide" man. Btw It should say "can't sell words correctly." not "can't spell stuff correctly."
Thanks for pointing that out, I made this at like 2 AM.

x04a

Onyx user!
Let's not turn this into HF, where the word HQ post or HQ user is thrown around like money at a republican benefit.

Amped-

It's not about "throwing the word around". I believe a HQ User is in every forum, without them the forum would be trash.

Amped-

I don't quite understand Gonzo's post LOL. Excuse meh dumbness :\

JeterFan428

Amped- said:
I don't quite understand Gonzo's post LOL. Excuse meh dumbness :\

That was not high quality.

Nice Gonzo. :p

Pink Floyd

Just report him for low quality and he'll be dealt with accordingly.

(don't really)