• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

What AntiVirus and Firewall do you use?

flAmingw0rm

Well, currently I do not have one.

I don't like having an AV. It detects half of my programs (false detections) and corrupts some of my files I need.

It causes too many problems to have it.

Monetizer

RE: Which AntiVirus and Firewall do you use?

My Anti-Virus is Kaspersky and my FireWall is only Windows FireWall.

gates

I have nod32 and avira (yes i know two av's running together not a good thing) then commodo/PeerBlock for a firewall.

As for spyware/malware I use: Spyware Doctor, Loaris Trojan Remover, Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware, And a few other free programs.

I personally use Avast! 5 as my anti-virus, because it's low on resources, and has a solid detection rate. For my firewall, I used to use Zone Alarm, but now I use Comodo Firewall.

Fireren

Personally I user Norton 2007? I think. Or whatever is the latest version. With the full version of MBAM. I currently don't have a firewall, as I recently got a new computer. :/

xGhost

Onyx user!

Curentlly Im using kaspersky and Windows FireWall

CrazySmurf

I currently use AVG and my anti-virus program. Ive always used AVG.

Syrenen11

I use ESET/NOD32. Just got it about a week ago, and liking it so far. It's actually pretty quiet, but will pick up alot of things. (Sounded wierd I know. But, to me, it's working out to be a good AVP). I can get more in depth with it later when I actually know more about it. It's a lot better than the older one I had. Avast Free edition.

I also use Comodo firewall. That thing is pretty amazing, I'll say that. You can actually set it to prompt you when ever a app tries to open. Like, if you sandbox something, it will prompt to open, or like if it's backdoored with a server named "Windows Updater.exe" it will prompt that as well. Providing more protection.

And Flamingworm, with most AVP's you set exceptions lists to your certain folders. If that's what you were talking about. If it was based off of execution, then, I don't know.

Slug

I don't have one cause I don't ever open viruses cause I know when there is one or I sandbox it also I have Malware software for that though.

Coolman909

I use, COMODO Firewall it's been working great & in addition I usually have Windows Firewall.

Hidden Dragon

I don't use an anti either. I don't open viruses. Always test them first and have anti-malware.

zap

I use KIS 2011 internet security on my desktop and netbook

w1nd

I use malware bytes and scan my computer once a day. I don't use a firewall or a/v.

AVG its free, and it is pretty good so i dont really feel like i need to go buy one.

Reality

User is banned.

If I still used Windows, I'd be using only Avast!

Firewalls always clashed on my laptop, I don't know why.

But when I had used one for a few days I enjoyed Zone Alarm, Avira comes with a good firewall imo.

ginger0bread

Main AV: Eset Smart Security
Extra Scanner: Malwarebytes
Firewall: Windows Firewall

DaRkOoO

I'm using KIS 11, AV+firewall.

Clockworkk

Norton i think its horrible and windows firewall But dad wont let me get kaspersky because he thinks its a virus.