• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Weight loss

Comply

So to get this started I'm 15 I'm 5'10 and weigh around 250 a lot I know. So I play football and I'm one the biggest on the team and I was wondering if I should bulk up and keep my weight and try to turn it into muscle or should I just completely start losing weight and drop under 200 with the possibility of me losing my position of Dline in football because I'm smaller at 200 so what should I do guys I also lift daily after school

Gor

Washed IG Plug
You can't bulk up without gaining fat. Eat in a caloric deficit to "cut" and when you think you are at a low enough weight you can then eat in a caloric surplus to "bulk" and gain muscle. Remember for each pound of fat gained a pound of muscle is gained when proper diet and excercise is added

Anakin

User is banned.
Gor said:
You can't bulk up without gaining fat. Eat in a caloric deficit to "cut" and when you think you are at a low enough weight you can then eat in a caloric surplus to "bulk" and gain muscle. Remember for each pound of fat gained a pound of muscle is gained when proper diet and excercise is added

While that's true, it really depends how strong OP is right now. If he can't even squat 225, then he can still put on some muscle while losing fat (newbie gains).

Gor

Washed IG Plug
Ananakin said:
While that's true, it really depends how strong OP is right now. If he can't even squat 225, then he can still put on some muscle while losing fat (newbie gains).

Yea his best bet would be to eat at a maintaience all depends on how much muscle he has

Comply

Ananakin said:
I squat 240 clean like 135 deadlift 250 and bench 105 lol

Samus

Power member.
Eat a lot of good protein chicken breast,eggs,etc and just add some cardio into your workouts and pack on some good muscle

Chaplin

Power member.
You should see a nutritionist instead of asking people who barely know about this type of things, they might tell you things that worked on them but you don't know if it's gonna work with you.

Comply

Ananakin said:
You squat 240 and deadlift 250 but bench 105? That seems so far off. Are you not doing a linear progression program?
Didn't bench first 3 months of lifting because I was embarrassed I couldn't do more then 5 each side