• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Weight loss advice.

Generate

So right now I'm 15 Y/O, I weigh 201 pounds and I'm 6ft 1in's tall.
I want to lose 40-50 pounds in around 5-6 months (or sooner if possible).
I was just wondering if you guys have any advice such as Diets and Workout that helped you out.
I was looking at: https://www.forumkorner.com/thread-259763.html
And I was thinking of trying that but if you have anything better please let me know.

Cuban

Onyx user!
Let me tell you something. 6 months ago I was 345lbs. I'm 6'3. As of today, I weigh 275lbs. How I lost that weight? Literally, for breakfast I'll eat a small bowl of special K cereal, for lunch I would eat 5 rolls of ham and cheese with about 15 green grapes, and for dinner I would eat chicken breasts with 2 boiled eggs on the side. Did this WHILE going to the gym and going on the treadmill and stairs half hour each. Now I'm going to be honest, I could be way less than 275 right now but I kind of got hooked again on eating a little unhealthy. Like I'm not eating the diet I just told you about. Now I'm eating things that get me fat again like rice and bread. This winter break I'm going back to the diet and hope I stay with it. My goal is to weigh 240/250. According to my size, that's a decent weight, once I weigh that much I'll start lifting weights for my entire body to harden the loose skin that has formed after my weight loss. Of course, you obviously don't have to follow this since you're nowhere near the weight I was. If I were you and you really are the size you say you are, I would just start doing push-ups and sit-ups. I wouldn't recommend lifting weights at that age. Trust me, the weight apyou are now is amazing.

Generate

Cuban said:
Let me tell you something. 6 months ago I was 345lbs. I'm 6'3. As of today, I weigh 275lbs. How I lost that weight? Literally, for breakfast I'll eat a small bowl of special K cereal, for lunch I would eat 5 rolls of ham and cheese with about 15 green grapes, and for dinner I would eat chicken breasts with 2 boiled eggs on the side. Did this WHILE going to the gym and going on the treadmill and stairs half hour each. Now I'm going to be honest, I could be way less than 275 right now but I kind of got hooked again on eating a little unhealthy. Like I'm not eating the diet I just told you about. Now I'm eating things that get me fat again like rice and bread. This winter break I'm going back to the diet and hope I stay with it. My goal is to weigh 240/250. According to my size, that's a decent weight, once I weigh that much I'll start lifting weights for my entire body to harden the loose skin that has formed after my weight loss. Of course, you obviously don't have to follow this since you're nowhere near the weight I was. If I were you and you really are the size you say you are, I would just start doing push-ups and sit-ups. I wouldn't recommend lifting weights at that age. Trust me, the weight apyou are now is amazing.
Bro that's amazing how much wait you lost can I ask what you did during your workouts?
And the reason I want to lose weight is cause I want to be better looking. Before I gained weight I was a pretty cute kid (or so I was told) and at this age you know image is really important. I have a lot a self esteem issues and depression so I feel if I lose weight maybe I'll feel better about myself.

Cuban

Onyx user!
Generate said:
Bro that's amazing how much wait you lost can I ask what you did during your workouts?
And the reason I want to lose weight is cause I want to be better looking. Before I gained weight I was a pretty cute kid (or so I was told) and at this age you know image is really important. I have a lot a self esteem issues and depression so I feel if I lose weight maybe I'll feel better about myself.
Yeah man the reason I lost all that weight and still losing it is because I fell deeply in love with this girl. I totally understand what you mean. At this age, as sad as it sounds, the ladies aren't going to like you if you're heavy. It's the cold hard truth and I've been knowing it for years. Basically, just go to the gym at least 4 days a week. And now since I lost some weight I have a different workout at the gym. I don't go on the stair master anymore, all I do is go on the treadmill. Just walk and run for an entire mile. There's one secret though. The incline. People rarely know this but putting the max incline when on the treadmill will make you lose double the weight because your body thinks you're climbing a hill. Bro, at your weight, literally all you gotta do is workout. You don't even have to follow the diet. But yeah, pretty much all you gotta do is go on that treadmill and don't stop until you sweat. Once you start sweating, just give it your best until your body gives in, and wait for the next day to repeat. And always remember, consistency is key! As long as you keep working out and keep your schedule, you'll be fine. The regiment I went through was for a really obese guy, so it's different than yours. You're now honestly in a good weight. You most likely still have baby fat though. But yeah man, eat good and workout a bit. You don't have to destroy your body at the gym. The best of luck to you bro, I hope you lose that weight. I'll be losing weight as well so that makes two of us.

Generate

Cuban said:
Yeah man the reason I lost all that weight and still losing it is because I fell deeply in love with this girl. I totally understand what you mean. At this age, as sad as it sounds, the ladies aren't going to like you if you're heavy. It's the cold hard truth and I've been knowing it for years. Basically, just go to the gym at least 4 days a week. And now since I lost some weight I have a different workout at the gym. I don't go on the stair master anymore, all I do is go on the treadmill. Just walk and run for an entire mile. There's one secret though. The incline. People rarely know this but putting the max incline when on the treadmill will make you lose double the weight because your body thinks you're climbing a hill. Bro, at your weight, literally all you gotta do is workout. You don't even have to follow the diet. But yeah, pretty much all you gotta do is go on that treadmill and don't stop until you sweat. Once you start sweating, just give it your best until your body gives in, and wait for the next day to repeat. And always remember, consistency is key! As long as you keep working out and keep your schedule, you'll be fine. The regiment I went through was for a really obese guy, so it's different than yours. You're now honestly in a good weight. You most likely still have baby fat though. But yeah man, eat good and workout a bit. You don't have to destroy your body at the gym. The best of luck to you bro, I hope you lose that weight. I'll be losing weight as well so that makes two of us.
Thanks for the advice dude and good shit on losing all that weight. Stay HQ.

Generate

Professor said:
Learn to count macros.
iifym.com

Thanks dude I'll definitely check this out.

αяυη

Power member.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/
Best advice you'll get is from there.

However simply put
1) Calculate how many calories you should eat for your current weight and height. Subtract a few hundred (max is 1000) but never eat below 1600 calories a day. I'd say subtract 500 of what it says you should eat per day, that way you'll lose 1 pound a week minimum from doing that. Then exercise will be additional weight lost. If you can handle dropping more calories per day for faster results, up to you but don't go below around 1600 a day.

2) Track everything you eat. Yes that includes condiments and soda's you drink. Use something like MyFitnessPal

3) Start lifting weights if you don't already. Muscle weighs more than fat, so it will help you lose weight eventually. Also, it will help structure your body so you aren't just left skinny with no muscle mass at all. Ofc, you aren't going to get "hench" by lifting weights and dieting as you will be in a calorific surplus

4) You can eat pretty much what you want if it fits your macros. See http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ to get an understanding of what I mean. It's not just for bodybuilding.

Good luck!
4) Watch the weight fall off

Edit: Saw that you were 15. You are still growing so no point in lifting weights really, but that's up to you. Maybe start doing more cardio and situps and pushups.

Generate

Hobbs said:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/
Best advice you'll get is from there.

However simply put
1) Calculate how many calories you should eat for your current weight and height. Subtract a few hundred (max is 1000) but never eat below 1600 calories a day. I'd say subtract 500 of what it says you should eat per day, that way you'll lose 1 pound a week minimum from doing that. Then exercise will be additional weight lost. If you can handle dropping more calories per day for faster results, up to you but don't go below around 1600 a day.

2) Track everything you eat. Yes that includes condiments and soda's you drink. Use something like MyFitnessPal

3) Start lifting weights if you don't already. Muscle weighs more than fat, so it will help you lose weight eventually. Also, it will help structure your body so you aren't just left skinny with no muscle mass at all. Ofc, you aren't going to get "hench" by lifting weights and dieting as you will be in a calorific surplus

4) You can eat pretty much what you want if it fits your macros. See http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ to get an understanding of what I mean. It's not just for bodybuilding.

Good luck!
4) Watch the weight fall off

Edit: Saw that you were 15. You are still growing so no point in lifting weights really, but that's up to you. Maybe start doing more cardio and situps and pushups.
Thanks for the advice dude I'll definitely try it out.

Space Time

User is banned.
At your age, I would advise not to lift weights.
Just do situps and pushups along with running on tredmills or even better outside.
Simple and effective way of loosing weight
+water
+good diet.

Hold

User is banned.
Starve yourself. I lost 10 pounds per week eating 1 meal a day in very small portions. You're just gonna have to work off all the excess fat. Don't starve too long or you will have no muscle or anything.

LordOfMud

Each day you carefully plan out your diet-friendly fare, only to find yourself face-to-face with cookies on the conference table or a friend's nachos order.

Ambien

Escobar said:
@ambien you should read this and get some tips

You need to consider this thread, my man, losing a few tons would help you.