• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Version of Windows 7 Isn't Genuine

Terror Squad

User is banned.
So a couple years ago I let a friend clean up my laptop of general shit and spyware I had on it, and when he returned it there wasn't a legit version if Windows 7 on it. I get the error all the time that says This Version Isn't Genuine. It doesn't cause any problems, it's just annoying. And after paying $1200 for this laptop a few years ago, I feel like I'm entitled to having the full version.

I've tried redeeming the code that's on the sticker underneath my laptop, but after 3 years of use it has worn off and is hard to read.

Am I S.O.L or is there a way around this? Or does anyone have a spare Win 7 key laying around..

Frenzy

Onyx user!
Terror Squad said:
So a couple years ago I let a friend clean up my laptop of general shit and spyware I had on it, and when he returned it there wasn't a legit version if Windows 7 on it. I get the error all the time that says This Version Isn't Genuine. It doesn't cause any problems, it's just annoying. And after paying $1200 for this laptop a few years ago, I feel like I'm entitled to having the full version.

I've tried redeeming the code that's on the sticker underneath my laptop, but after 3 years of use it has worn off and is hard to read.

Am I S.O.L or is there a way around this? Or does anyone have a spare Win 7 key laying around..

Here's a tutorial if it helps :)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb6Cm7mf5L8[/video]

iDefy

Power member.
It sounds like he backed up all your important files/pictures and reloaded a non-genuine version. If the method Zaid provided doesn't work out, let me know because I have my own method I use to get around this pesky little issue.