• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

[TUT] How To Remove Viruses

SpiideR

RE: How to remove a virus.

ehhhh... I still believe that CCleaner is good for bugs and errors you can add that in if you want.

SpiideR said:
ehhhh... I still believe that CCleaner is good for bugs and errors you can add that in if you want.
Agree , but mbam will remove malmware,spyware and other things which ccleaner dont.

flAmingw0rm

This wouldn't remove a virus if it is FUD. This would scan your computer for known signatures of viruses.

The best way to remove a virus is regedit knowledge and startup.. you just remove it from there. Restart pc. Remove the .exe. Done.

Monetizer

Unfortunately, as said by the poster above, this only removes normal viruses that have not been crypted. FUD viruses cannot be detected using an Anti-Virus.

Malwarebytes' and ESET Online Scanner aren't the only things for removing viruses, and they won't always find everything.

Fireren

Tell them to use CCleaner on Registry and Temp Files first before going to MBAM and ESET?

Proxybypass

I use MBAM, before CCleaner. MBAM gets the big things, which prevents the little things from expanding.

Weed™

The MBAM and ESET works pretty good in my experience. I've had to use them twice and they worked both times.

Slug

I use all of these for malware and still have it, security suite or something so I just hibernate my laptop all the time.

Skrewdriver

Is It beter then Avira??? malwarebytes.

rasenshurikenn said:
If you have an AV then this is not needed

Huh?

If you're talking about Malwarebytes', HijackThis, etc., I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong. Just because you have an anti-virus, doesn't mean you're always going to be safe.

Reality

User is banned.

MBAM and other automatic scanners can't possibly remove all infections, most of the time.

As they only do the scans of viruses in their databases, they usually won't fix broken keys, hijacked dlls/exes, or Internet Browser settings, such as proxy settings. This is why most of the time after a user is infected with a Rogue AV, they can't use their internet because their proxy settings were mingled with by a virus. MBAM can remove the virus itself usually, but not always the damages that it leaves.

HJT isn't the best program for secondary scanning, and you shouldn't be giving advice on logs if you don't know how to.

Other scanners such as OTL, another manual removal, but far more complex than HJT is a good scanning program that will give a more in-detail report of the system, the drives, the user, the programs, modified files, etc.