• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

This may sound kinda dumb...

Famous

Power member.
Hey guys well my parents are starting to really piss me off... they want me to wear a helmet when i bmx and skate. ive been skating for about 6 years and never broken anything or barely fallen. ive also won several skate contests... they want me to wear my helmet all the time and it really embarasess me... they even want me to wear it when im on my way to school. and i get made fun of and called tons of mean names.. and im sick of it. i mean, im 14 and never broken anything and i dont wanna wear it... so anyone have any ways to convince my parents that its not mandatory to wear it when im cruising the streets? thanks,'
gumm

Dean Winchester

Power member.
Explain the reasons why wearing a SnapBack is much more safer.

Philly

Power member.
Well I can help you with this completely.

I skated for over 10 years. My parents too wanted me to wear a helmet, and guess what at first I really didn't like it either, and I too got made fun of. However I didn't have to wear it while going to school or going skate. I just had to wear it at the park. My life was saved over 15 times because they made me wear a helmet, and even after I grown up, and was able to make my own choice3s I continued to wear a helmet. To the fucks that make fun of you, just tell them to fuck off. It's better to sport a helmet than possibly be retarded for the rest of your life with just one fall. Trust me its the right thing to do, and you will get used to it. Just get yourself a nice helmet, and put some sick stickers all over it, and its all good. I once even got jumped by I believe it was 3 Mexicans maybe 4, and I took my helmet off, and beat the shit out them. So it can be used for numerous things. You can also stash stuff in it. What I wold do is tell your parents to allow you to goto school without it, and goring to and from places without it, and agree that you will wear it while skating at parks, or doing big street tricks such as big stairs or gaps. I also won many contests, and had full sponsorship's. Let me know if you want me to answer any questions regarding this or anything at all. Because this is seriously something I know alot about, and I do mean alot!

Chronos

User is banned.
Gumm said:
Hey guys well my parents are starting to really piss me off... they want me to wear a helmet when i bmx and skate. ive been skating for about 6 years and never broken anything or barely fallen. ive also won several skate contests... they want me to wear my helmet all the time and it really embarasess me... they even want me to wear it when im on my way to school. and i get made fun of and called tons of mean names.. and im sick of it. i mean, im 14 and never broken anything and i dont wanna wear it... so anyone have any ways to convince my parents that its not mandatory to wear it when im cruising the streets? thanks,'
gumm

It's a helmet. Stop complaining, they are doing it because they want you to be safe. Your past history doesn't matter, unexpected things can happen. Also, who cares if they call you names, thats kindergarden shit. When your older, no one is going to give a fuck if you wore a helmet. They won't give a damn what shoes you had or what clothes you wear. They won't even care that your slightly turned hat still has the sticker on it (I know, so shocking). All I can say is put up with it, because in the end, you realize that later on in life, no one gives a fuck.

However, if you do insist on not wearing a helmet, just don't wear it. Best to just not wear it at all, rather then lie about it. Honestly though, helmets don't look to bad. Buy this https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/i...wyognfNv1yZUm-UVX4a8AoTewVDXMBrEuk1H3CPmGQAx5 not something like this http://www.masherz.com/images/productpics/lazer/sharkbig.jpg

Famous

Power member.
okay Philly, i understand about wearing it at the park... but i hate wearing it like when i go to the store or to the school. i get pissed and usually stuff it in my backpack

Philly

Power member.
Gumm said:
okay Philly, i understand about wearing it at the park... but i hate wearing it like when i go to the store or to the school. i get pissed and usually stuff it in my backpack

Now that I can understand is a bit fucked up. I would never considering wearing it to the store or school or anything as that is not needed. The chances of falling hard enough on your head just skating without doing hard tricks or anything are really slim. But like I said just talk with your parents, and be serious, and mature about it. Tell them you are not going to wear it to the store, or school. But you are willing to agree to wear it at the park or something. If that doesn't work than tell them they are making you stop doing one of the major things you love in life because they want you to wear a helmet to the store. Explain that the chances of anything major happening just going to the school or store are just way to slim.

Famous

Power member.
Already Tried.... And it sucks cuz i just bought a 200 dollar Sapient bike off of the internet and i have to look like a complete dumbfuck riding it... and i do wear my helmet in the skatepark. even if like my parents arent there

Philly

Power member.
Gumm said:
Already Tried.... And it sucks cuz i just bought a 200 dollar Sapient bike off of the internet and i have to look like a complete dumbfuck riding it... and i do wear my helmet in the skatepark. even if like my parents arent there

What kind of helmet do you have?

Famous

Power member.
Philly said:
That is what I used. They don't look as stupid as you think.

You sure? lol. i hate em.. and i think that they make me look like a pussy

Philly

Power member.
Gumm said:
You sure? lol. i hate em.. and i think that they make me look like a pussy

Not at all dude. They are the best kind of helmet you can get, and the best looking. Toss some stickers on it, and it will make it look way cooler too. Fuck what people think man.

Famous

Power member.
Philly said:
Not at all dude. They are the best kind of helmet you can get, and the best looking. Toss some stickers on it, and it will make it look way cooler too. Fuck what people think man.
Yeah, but im also shooting a skate video for my local shop and my parents are forcing me to wear my helmet in it... and it makes me mad

Philly

Power member.
Gumm said:
Yeah, but im also shooting a skate video for my local shop and my parents are forcing me to wear my helmet in it... and it makes me mad
Been there done that. Many times. I have over 10 skate vids on youtube, and you can see me wearing a helmet threw out all of them. It's not a big deal man trust me. Slap your skate shops sticker on the side, and call her a day. :p

Famous

Power member.
Philly said:
Been there done that. Many times. I have over 10 skate vids on youtube, and you can see me wearing a helmet threw out all of them. It's not a big deal man trust me. Slap your skate shops sticker on the side, and call her a day. :p

okay philly, will take your advice :) if i get made fun of imma kick your ass :p lol. and what is your yt so i can see your vids?

Jon

User is banned.
Gumm said:
gumm
i completely agree with philly. But what 8 year old skates? lol besides tony hawks kids

Famous

Power member.
Jon said:
i completely agree with philly. But what 8 year old skates? lol besides tony hawks kids

me :) lol. im a really good skater and i just enjoy it :)