• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

[admin] The Revival and Relaunch of ForumKorner

greg

owner
IVdWfzQ.png

First and foremost, I'd like to welcome both those returning and those who are new to the website.
Welcome to ForumKorner!

For those who are new, you may be asking:

While on the software side of things ForumKorner is a forum, we are a community.
In another life, ForumKorner once had the slogan of "One Family, One Community.".
We are simply that.

You should join for the community, to be a part of the family. There's no interests that aren't welcome here.
On top of community, we are known for hosting an open market for our members in which they're allowed to sell digital goods, clothing and physical items among many other categories.
At the point of this relaunch, the market alone has over 120,000 threads with nearly 1,000,000 posts. The rest of the forum matches those numbers.

Why not be a part of it?

-----

The first thing on your mind, like everyone else is most likely, Where's Philly? What's up with the new theme? and finally, Who are you?

You may remember me under the name greg, among my other old aliases. Joining the forum in 2011 and peaking in activity around 2014 I've always loved the site. Earlier this year I came to the decision of buying and reviving the website.
Regarding Philly, his account, posts, etc are still as they were and he is free to be a normal member of the forum.

With my new role in the forum I came to the decision of using a different, more user friendly, more secure software. With that comes a new theme and different functionality which I'll mention later. This new theme is as basic as it comes for both functionality and aesthetic. I've also had the site logos updated/remade to fit the change.

Removal of reputation
Removal of Koins
Removal of awards
Removal of like system

Addition of profile posts
Addition of trophies, which also comes with a point system
Addition of a reaction system
Addition of vouch system
Addition of thread tags
Different and better PM system

I'll be adding unique pages for the site under Extras on the menu.
Streamers of FK, a guide to Crypto and an Exchange page are some current additions.

There'll be more features and pages to come!
Some features will be that of the site, or for the Telegram and Discord bots.
If you have any requests, PM me and I will see if I decide to further make the feature. Please note, I am not going to allow the site to end up with 50 plugins, like other forums with poor security.

I've made quite a few changes to Upgrades, which you can view here on the Upgrade page.

The biggest change is that of Power+. Power+, to be renamed to Inferno with due time, is now a monthly based upgrade. The idea of this change is to get back to the roots of Power+, making it limited with special perks.

The lifetime upgrades, now in the order of Onyx, Power and Supporter are to stay under the same names and look with different perks. All of this can be seen on the above linked Upgrade page.

The Investors group is to be deleted and Verified is to be redone with a better, more secure process. Yes, you will have to apply for Verified again once the new system is in place.

At the time of import, all current Power+ and above users will be given Onyx and Power.
Power+ users will be given one free month of the new Power+ from the time of launch, and those who had Supporter will get two free months. These do not stack.

To clean up the groups and make sure everyone is involved with them, I have deleted all groups which had under 5 members at the time of import. Please visit the group page to see what groups have survived this purge.
The owners of those which survived have 2 months to return to the site (from the date of our public relaunch) before their group is deleted.

If you wish to sell your group right off the bat of our return, I'm sorry to say that I can't allow that. I do not want the group economy to go to hell instantly. I want both the future sellers and buyers of groups to have a fair economy.

If you wish to trade your group in and be granted a limited Trophy (TBA), please let me know.

If you decide to keep your group, I'm glad! I would love for us to keep the old groups around. I will allow the sale of groups 6 months from relaunch.

If you would like to buy a group before then, please refer to next section.

-----

The Betterment of ForumKorner and Us as People

You may notice that on the Donation page, it mentions charity. To be more specific, it states "15% of all donations will be added to the quarterly charity pool".

Really?

Yes.

Wait, what charity pool?

I've decided to start something brand new for us, for forums. Quarterly, four times a year, every three months we will simply have a charity pool in which 15% of all donations and also 75% of upgrades/donations one weekend per month will go to this pool. There's one exception. Q4 of each year (October 1st to December 24th).

What do you mean?

100% of all donations to the site will be put towards the pool during this period.

Who chooses which charity the pool goes to?

Each pool will go to three different charities at a 50%-30%-20% split. During these periods, we may have a poll to choose the three, there may be a contest in which the top three winners will choose, maybe the top three donators during the period will choose. We'll see!

-----

I'd like for all of you to enjoy your stay, enjoy the community, enjoy the business.

Most importantly, enjoy the new ForumKorner!

Thank you,

Greg K.

bonus: those who sign in before the New Year, have been signed up for >24 hours and have 10+ posts, will receive the limited Return of FK Trophy.

Last edited:

Piece

cannaisseur
I am looking forward to see where this site will go. With the team that is on currently, I won't be suprised if activity will return soon.