• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

The Old Testament (Christians and Jews read)

Epicc

Exodus 21:20-21
"And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money [property]."

Is it just me, or is this passage fucked up?

Xypher

I don't even understand what it says. ._.

Epicc

Basically, if a man hits a slave and a slave dies, the man must be punished, but if the slave recovers from the beating a few days later, no punishment is dealt to the man since the man is the owner.

Xypher

Well, all I can say to that, all moral disbelief's aside, there are a lot of Christians from the 1700's-mid 1800's that are going to hell.

The fact that the bible says all men are created equally, but then basically says it is okay to beat your slaves as long as they recover, just proves my point that the bible, the new and the old testament was written by imbeciles that couldn't figure out how they were just contradicting themselves every other sentence.

~THE_BO$$~

Lol there are many such things in Bible & other religious books, I can point out maximum of them.

SOrry If I hurt your feelings but that's the truth!!!

Magnetic

That is one old book. Slavery isn't such an issue anymore but I have never been a fan of it.

Magnetic

Xypher said:
Wired- said:
That is one old book. Slavery isn't such an issue anymore but I have never been a fan of it.

In European influenced countries and developed Asian countries it isn't, in a lot of African countries it still is, just not in the way we think of slavery.

I guess you're right. Although in Hong Kong and Thailand, many people work in slave like conditions, living in cupboards under people's stairs. So it's not completely gone.

FibSaSk

There are so many errors in the books...

I think that people should stop being controlled by a book and chose by themselves what is right and what is wrong. And if they REALLY believe that something is right while others disagree with it, then it is ok. As long as they learn by their mistakes and don't repeat them.

Epicc

There is still slavery going on around the world, for example, Prostitution.
The women don't have a choice, they need money, and this is the only way they can get it, however they all spend the money on their living fees, and when they don't have money, they have to resort to prostitution again.

BaussHacker

Xypher said:
Well, all I can say to that, all moral disbelief's aside, there are a lot of Christians from the 1700's-mid 1800's that are going to hell.

The fact that the bible says all men are created equally, but then basically says it is okay to beat your slaves as long as they recover, just proves my point that the bible, the new and the old testament was written by imbeciles that couldn't figure out how they were just contradicting themselves every other sentence.

Not only from 1700-1800. The shit is happening today also. We just don't hear about it.

Tesla

Wow that is seriously messed up, if he doesn't die. It's OK? Messed up man messed up

krazedkat

Epic said:
Exodus 21:20-21
"And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money [property]."

Is it just me, or is this passage fucked up?
This is the exact passage that made me deconvert to atheism! I was a Christian, then a Jew and now an Atheist. The old testament is a load of shit and violence, I think I'll start a thread with some quotes from it.