• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

The Move to SimplyGFX - Junked by Crayo

Xypher

Well, after a few tech issues today, we have successfully moved from Graphics Chan to SimplyGFX. There are a few reasons, most of them being forum reputation based.

1. Graphics Chan makes us sound like another 4chan rip off. I don't think so, but many will and do.
2. SimplyGFX is much nicer for SEO and advertising.
3. SimplyGFX makes us sound more professional and serious.
4. Graphics Chan originally was chosen because we were planning on running a graphics and anime discussion forum. The fact of the matter is that limits us to a small audience, and it just isn't fun. My interests have changed and I want this to be primarily a graphics discussion board. I would also much rather run a graphics forum, as well as a serperate anime forum than a mix of the two.

HurrDurrrr

RE: The Move to SimplyGFX

Xypher said:
Well, after a few tech issues today, we have successfully moved from Graphics Chan to SimplyGFX. There are a few reasons, most of them being forum reputation based.

1. Graphics Chan makes us sound like another 4chan rip off. I don't think so, but many will and do.
2. SimplyGFX is much nicer for SEO and advertising.
3. SimplyGFX makes us sound more professional and serious.
4. Graphics Chan originally was chosen because we were planning on running a graphics and anime discussion forum. The fact of the matter is that limits us to a small audience, and it just isn't fun. My interests have changed and I want this to be primarily a graphics discussion board. I would also much rather run a graphics forum, as well as a serperate anime forum than a mix of the two.

Seems like a good idea, the new domain is actually pretty cool. ^^

-MNML-

User is banned.

Im happy with it, Definetly seems more proffesional

SimplyGFX is a great name, in my opinion. Couldn't think of a better one, myself. Seems more "professional" to me than Graphics-Chan.

sKyOwnEr

Yeah it's better, the previous theme was beuging :).Good budy.

Life

I like this name much more, good decision.

Abstract

I haven't been here for Graphics Chan, but yes it does sound like a rip off of 4chan. It was probably a smart idea to switch to SimplyGFX. This sounds a lot more professional and I'm sure the domain will attract users itself, let alone the forum.