• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

The BMX Guru (me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ride

Hey FK, it's Ride and if it is not known I'm very intelligent when it comes to bikes. I have 12+ years experience dealing with them from teaching how to ride them to step by step building a bike from nothing.

I am offering a free service to any and all members who are interested in bmx and don't know where to start.

What can I do for you?
Build a bike completely on a budget.
Tell you which parts to buy based on experience.
Step by step instructions on how to build a bike and properly maintain it.
Find a solution to any problem you have with your bike, don't just buy a new one.

This is a subject that I take very seriously and I will be offended if you waste my time and ignore my advice.

Loyal

Onyx user!
hey @ride i thought id ask you this question because you seem like you know what your doing anyways, i moved on from bmxes (sold mine) and got me this-

09-p1a.jpg

i was wondering if this is nice :D and all that! (im not a biker). just want your thoughts about the bike, i find it pretty fucking dope.

Ride

Re: RE: The BMX Guru (me)

Loyal said:
hey ride i thought id ask you this question because you seem like you know what your doing anyways, i moved on from bmxes (sold mine) and got me this-

09-p1a.jpg

i was wondering if this is nice
W28fUnR.png
and all that! (im not a biker). just want your thoughts about the bike, i find it pretty fucking dope.

What do you do with it? It looks like a nice stock jump bike.

Dewey said:
I have this bikes and it has three wheels, do you know what its called
mfDY3UA.png
?

It's called a tricycle don't be a dumb ass

Ride

Leader said:
Nice thread, @"Ride".

Thanks homie, just trying to inform people on what is good.

the_living_JR

Ride said:
Hey FK, it's Ride and if it is not known I'm very intelligent when it comes to bikes. I have 12+ years experience dealing with them from teaching how to ride them to step by step building a bike from nothing.

I am offering a free service to any and all members who are interested in bmx and don't know where to start.

What can I do for you?
Find a solution to any problem you have with your bike, don't just buy a new one.

This is a subject that I take very seriously and I will be offended if you waste my time and ignore my advice.
yo do you know someone that will buy a dirt jumper?

Ride said:

What can I do for you?

yo do you know someone that will buy a dirt jumper?

Fume

I'm also very intelligent with bikes, I've been racing since I was 4 and I am always either at the skate park or local bike shop, I'll be working there soon also. anyways, nice thread it will help some members

dankskog

Hey, I'm new here on FK and I'm actually into biking, so I suppose posting here would be good?

I have got a FlyBikes Neutron BMX. I bought it over the summer from Danscomp but I'm a little dissapointed with it. Lately I've just been bored of BMX and would like something new. If I were to sell my bike, and buy a bike like the one @Loyal has, which kind or model would be the best? I'm in school right now, but I'll insert an image later today.

Random

dankskog said:
Hey, I'm new here on FK and I'm actually into biking, so I suppose posting here would be good?

I have got a FlyBikes Neutron BMX. I bought it over the summer from Danscomp but I'm a little dissapointed with it. Lately I've just been bored of BMX and would like something new. If I were to sell my bike, and buy a bike like the one @Loyal has, which kind or model would be the best? I'm in school right now, but I'll insert an image later today.

OP is banned, I don't know why this is still open.

One

dankskog said:

What kind of riding do you do man? I can try to help.

dankskog

Random said:
OP is banned, I don't know why this is still open.

Wait, why would he be banned? He seemed like a cool guy to me. Well well, suppose I will have to find a new bike thread :(

one said:
What kind of riding do you do man? I can try to help.

I'm thinking kind of still riding parks, but just not bmx. Babydirtbikes.com has a couple of nice ones, however I don't know which one's good and how much I could get out of my neutron. I've only bmx'ed for about a year and don't know very much.

One

dankskog said:
I'm thinking kind of still riding parks, but just not bmx. Babydirtbike.com has a couple of nice ones, however I don't know which one's good and how much I could get out of my neutron. I've only bmx'ed for about a year and don't know very much.

The bike he showed is not a bmx park bike under any circumstances. It's a Dirtbike and off road course specific bike. You could also shred urban areas as well but since you're a beginner I doubt you're any Matt Hoffman. The bike company I would recommend is Kink BMX. I'm a little biased because it's what I ride but I can vouch they sell quality products. I have the Kink Whip. It was like $349.99 now it might be close to $400 not sure. It's a great bike all around.

dankskog

one said:
The bike he showed is not a bmx park bike under any circumstances. It's a Dirtbike and off road course specific bike. You could also shred urban areas as well but since you're a beginner I doubt you're any Matt Hoffman. The bike company I would recommend is Kink BMX. I'm a little biased because it's what I ride but I can vouch they sell quality products. I have the Kink Whip. It was like $349.99 now it might be close to $400 not sure. It's a great bike all around.

Kink seems great, however, I don't want a bmx. I've already got the Flybikes Neutron. I'd like something like this.

bike-Quinnie-13(2).jpg

dankskog

one said:
Yeah that style BMX isn't really down my alley. But I'm sure a hour or two on google will supplement for any advice I could provide.

Alright, well thanks. I'll be back and maybe create a new thread later on to ask for more advice or just share my ideas about it.

Loyal

Onyx user!
dankskog said:

hey my bike is a mix of BMX and mountain bike! its fucking awesome. if you want one like mine, the name is- specialized p1 get it, its worth it

dankskog

Loyal said:
hey my bike is a mix of BMX and mountain bike! its fucking awesome. if you want one like mine, the name is- specialized p1 get it, its worth it

I agree it looks fucking awesome!
Where did you get it and how much was it?
Are there any cons?

Loyal

Onyx user!
dankskog said:
I agree it looks fucking awesome!
Where did you get it and how much was it?
Are there any cons?

the only thing that few people might not like is that its quick af, like you can give it one kick and it can go forever. people sell it for like 300-500$ now, it used to be 800-1000

dankskog

Loyal said:
the only thing that few people might not like is that its quick af, like you can give it one kick and it can go forever. people sell it for like 300-500$ now, it used to be 800-1000

Haha. First thought that came to mind :)
tumblr_n3to0qKM5z1rzvtrto6_1280.jpg

I don't think going fast would really be a con tough? I'll look into where to buy one of them and if Sweden has any good distributors :) Thanks for the help btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.