• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Stop. Think. Action.

Chrisu

I see, over and over people making websites because they most likely have a dream deep down they are going to make a very successful site that will either make them money, be popular or even doing it out of fun. The first two aren't very realistic unless you tend to spend a LONG time doing it unless you find a unsaturated niche. The last one is fine for whatever you do, but you could just do it on local hosting if you were doing that.

Websites are fine, if you have a good idea. The problem I see with a lot of these sites posted in the showcase are they are forums, just forums. But not only that, GENERAL forums. This is, by far the hardest niche to conquer. If you plan on making a name for yourself, I'm speaking of experience and failure on more than one encounter. Before you even think of making that type of forum, I strongly suggest on thinking about what you have to offer to make you stand out and/or unique. If not, you will crash and burn in a few months, or at most... a year. This pretty much goes for all forums, but especially for general forums since there are already dominant sites out there like this one and countless others. The forum community is saturated and continues to get more and more. Only a handful really stand out from the rest.

Stop - Stop for a moment and sit there.
Think - Think about what you are doing with your site, how you see it's future and can you handle being an owner.
Action - When you think EVERYTHING is ready, take action. 

I'm frankly disappointed in people posted forums that are "half-assed" and not even close in being finished. Especially if they are a forum. Unless you say otherwise in the site being a project or a complete site, do some work and put the time in for people to actually take you seriously. 

The point of this thread was to just remind people to stop and think before they waste money on hosts, domains and advertisement because most likely you will go under very soon or just give up because something might come up in real life or you just get bored.

Random

@Dissociation I have a site, but only because I like it. Not because I want others to get something out of it.

I agree that there are too many people making forums, without even putting a proper effort into it.

Chrisu

Random said:
@Dissociation I have a site, but only because I like it. Not because I want others to get something out of it.

I agree that there are too many people making forums, without even putting a proper effort into it.
Believe me, I have no problem with those who have a site. I just hate seeing poorly designed sites and expecting profit and or recognition for it. But that will hopefully change later down the road when people think to themselves "what the fuck am I doing?" 

Random

Dissociation said:
Believe me, I have no problem with those who have a site. I just hate seeing poorly designed sites and expecting profit and or recognition for it. But that will hopefully change later down the road when people think to themselves "what the fuck am I doing?" 

www.yolo1.tk

can you rate my site please?

Chrisu

Random said:
www.yolo1.tk

I can't seem to get past the character variation...is that normal, like is it finished or not? I clicked everywhere on the guy and such. However none the less, the site is NOT a forum, so that is a plus. It's obvious something you enjoy doing and are having FUN with. So overall, not a bad site. More work likely has went into this than downloading MyBB (or another forum software) and uploading it into your root then doing simple edits. 

Since I am either stupid or the site isn't finished, it seems interesting thus far. 

Random

Dissociation said:
I can't seem to get past the character variation...is that normal, like is it finished or not? I clicked everywhere on the guy and such. However none the less, the site is NOT a forum, so that is a plus. It's obvious something you enjoy doing and are having FUN with. So overall, not a bad site. More work likely has went into this than downloading MyBB (or another forum software) and uploading it into your root then doing simple edits. 

Since I am either stupid or the site isn't finished, it seems interesting thus far. 
The game is just a side project, so I've not put much into it yet, but I do plan on updating it once I get the starting room finished.

I've been working on it offline for a while, but the version on the site is only kind of like a alpha 0.1 placeholder just so I can see the size of the canvas, and design around it.

But thanks <3

Riku

Random said:
www.yolo1.tk

1/-1 ign rating m5

Joking lol. The site is actually pretty decent, but on the game I can't get past the character selection thing. D:

Random

Riku said:
1/-1 ign rating m5

Joking lol. The site is actually pretty decent, but on the game I can't get past the character selection thing. D:

that's cause the version I put on the site isn't playable it's just to see the canvas size so I could see the canvas size 

silly ducky ;p

Riku

Random said:
that's cause the version I put on the site isn't playable it's just to see the canvas size so I could see the canvas size 

silly ducky ;p

Oh lol :p
Still, nice site anyways xD