• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Steps to get over a breakup?

coltie2

Ex-Staff
As some of you may know.. I recently had some troubles with my gf. Our "break" I am assuming is going to be forever lol. But what are some ways to get over a breakup? I need to figure something out because I havnt left my house for about 3 weeks now. I just feel sad. And not the normal sad from breakups. It's more deep and just strange. I've already accepted the fact which is the hardest part. And I have already got my workout schedule back on. But just in general what are some easy ways to help cope

Anomaly

Onyx user!
Hanging out with your friends and getting out of the house will help a lot, do things that make you happy. You can't sit in your house and dwell on the situation, that's not healhy for you and is only going to make things worse. Live and learn, you just have to move on and accept the fact it wasn't meant to be, wish you the best f luck.

Chill

It differs for everyone, nobody can tell you exactly how to get over it. Everyone is different and everyone has their own ways to get over break ups.

The 1 bad break up I had emotionally, I'm pretty sure I just stewed on it for a while until I realized that it was in fact over, I know I'm probably not helping but it worked for me, sudden realization.

αяυη

Power member.
Go find another bish to f*ck

Or stop feeling sorry for yourself (it'll take time) and then you'll realise you'll find someone better who will be more compatible with you. The world is a mysterious place.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
@anomaly @emp @chill @hobbs thanks for all the kind thoughts. Honestly I feel a lot better now after the things you guys said. As odd is it may sound...having you guys just lay out the facts like that is exactly what I needed. Thanks all of you :)

₆ ₆ ₆

Hobbs said:
Go find another bish to f*ck

Or stop feeling sorry for yourself (it'll take time) and then you'll realise you'll find someone better who will be more compatible with you. The world is a mysterious place.

Vouch, I broke up with a girl like 2 or so months ago, and now I've found a new girl you completely forget the other hoe

kyle

I don't suggest stressing on finding another girl to get with, because if it's a girl who actually likes you and you're just getting with her to get over your ex you're just basically using her.

I recently went through a big breakup as well, and the best thing I can tell you to do is listen to a lot of music and do things that get your mind off of everything.

I sleep a lot, and when I'm awake I either go for a long walk or play xbox with my friends.

Magnificent

I havent been with a girl in 2 years so Im no help for you buddy

rach

coltie2 said:
As some of you may know.. I recently had some troubles with my gf. Our "break" I am assuming is going to be forever lol. But what are some ways to get over a breakup? I need to figure something out because I havnt left my house for about 3 weeks now. I just feel sad. And not the normal sad from breakups. It's more deep and just strange. I've already accepted the fact which is the hardest part. And I have already got my workout schedule back on. But just in general what are some easy ways to help cope
aw Coltie ;c hmu on kik

I think you just need to be happy for the memories you had, I mean it surely has beena a good ride and eventually it may come to an end. To move on I think you could maybe go to the gym to let off steam? 

tbh won't be best idea to talk to her , first move on, then you can maybe try become friends :)

Night

This is tough shit man. I agree with @Kyle. Do something spontaneous. If you have money, go on vacation to somewhere you've never been. If not, go for a run or a walk, volunteer somewhere. It depends on your situation. I have found that doing something random can be super uplifting at times.

Luciano

Onyx user!
Stating the obvious, breaking up is never easy. Usually I would tell someone like you to go outside, got to the movies, hang with friends etc. But in reality, this girl must have meant a lot to you considering you haven't left the house in three weeks. And you should do what I listed, but also understand that you should take as much time as you feel to get over this situation. No, I don't mean months to feel sorry about yourself. It's not a bad thing to think about the entire situation. When you feel you're ready to move on, do so. Easier said than done of course but hey, this is all you man. One day in the future you will find someone better and look back on this time in your life and laugh. This isn't forever, only temporary.

You'll be okay, don't sweat it :)

¤ƒƒ

User is banned.
coltie2 said:
Hey man been there done that I am happily engaged now and I have been for like 5 months now but I had a really bad break up before I got with my fiancé. I was with my ex for close to 3 years but I was not happy it kinda wasent the fact of us breaking up that got me. It was her she kept showing her face around and kept intentionally trying to hurt me but I know a hard break up my tips for getting past this 

1. If you have weed smoke it 
2. Don't deprive yourself constantly thinking about it 
3. Probably the most Cliche of these steps try to get out there man even if it is just someone to talk to but you need someone to dump your feelings into when you are down. Just saying I'm here.
4. DO NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID SUCH AS

1.Cutting
   2.any form of self harm
   3.take your anger out on anyone
   4.Contemplating Suicide

Please if you need anyone at all to talk to ask me or someone man I'm sure someone would be happy to help I hope you get yourself together and be happy.

Have a fantastic day 

Seshh

depends wether u messed up or not if she messed up it shud be easier because u just think positive your better you dont desrve what she done she didnt deserve you n that will get you through it on other hand if you messed up u just gotta think theres more good girls out there and you might have made a mistake but when you get into a new one n build a bond like u did with her you will make sure you dont make that mistake again

BTW Dont smoke weed worst advice because it causes paranoia and will cause more arguements accusements in your next relationship lifes life but think how many more girls are out there mate

Hurt

Damn, I'm really sorry to hear this Coltie. This is kind of an old thread but there are some recent posts so I'll still leave my thoughts.
Personally I like to design, make music, or expand my knowledge to get over things that upset me. Try doing other things that make you happy to try and get over her, for example I know you like coding so maybe start a big coding project. You like to surf and things of that sort so maybe try to do things like that more often to get your mind off of it.

The holidays are upon us so there are plenty of things to do to get your mind off of the situation at hand. Some people say to go for another girl, some say not to. It's really different depending on the person and you may or may not find that going out and talking to other girls helps, it's worth a shot at least. What @kyle said is true though, if you're only with them to get over your ex it is an asinine thing to do and you should refrain from doing that. If you need anyone to talk to I'm here for you!

Rare

Listen to music bro that stuff can change your mood so fast.
If you're starting to feel better go on amazon.com and buy a punching bag. It can be a workout and can help you get some stress out.

jason

Cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it. It is a break up, of course your heart will ache, but it is up to you to either sit around and do nothing about it, or continue making something out of yourself. Tell yourself you can do better. If better isn't what you are looking for, then tell yourself you did good. The only way to deal with anything like this is time.