• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Sophomore Status :(

Arcane

User is banned.
Hello all I have not been doing to good in school, by that I mean grades and attendance. I want to do better in school it's just I don't have the motivation, or the drive to do my work. Anyway yesterday I got a letter in the mail (From my school) that said, I do not have enough credits to be a Junior. Right now I have 9 credits which would give me "Sophomore Status", and I need 11 credits just to achieve "Junior Status". I have credit recovery but I have been blowing that class off. Now that I know that I may have to stay in school for a extra 2 years, I'm for sure going to get my ass in check now that I know this. So I may not be as active, but I'm going to be as active as I can.

Color

It's really not that hard, man. Just do what you're supposed to and you'll be fine. I fucked up sophomore year and didn't go to school because I didn't like the new one. I made up 10 credits in summer school and quit going a week early. You'll be fine, if you have to stay 2 extra years for 2 credits, something is wrong. Haha

Arcane

User is banned.
Color said:
It's really not that hard, man. Just do what you're supposed to and you'll be fine. I fucked up sophomore year and didn't go to school because I didn't like the new one. I made up 10 credits in summer school and quit going a week early. You'll be fine, if you have to stay 2 extra years for 2 credits, something is wrong. Haha

No sorry forgot to mention this if I don't get the 2 credits by the end of the semester and pass all my classes for this semester, I will be held back and have to do all of my first semester Junior classes over. Plus the Sophomore classes I failed last year. So i got to get my ass into check like no other.

Color

I'm not sure about that, it doesn't sound right to me. I'll take your word for it though. Good luck.

Arcane

User is banned.
Color said:
I'm not sure about that, it doesn't sound right to me. I'll take your word for it though. Good luck.

It's just how my school is, one of the reasons I want to switch to online schooling.

Beats

Power member.
Damn dude I didn't know that could happen.

Just try your best because you will regret it senior year.

Arcane

User is banned.
Beats said:
Damn dude I didn't know that could happen.

Just try your best because you will regret it senior year.

Hell yeah I will, I failed 7th grade. So this should be my last year of high school.

Beats

Power member.
KillTheNoise said:
Hell yeah I will, I failed 7th grade. So this should be my last year of high school.

Damn that sucks bro. But are you a junior or sophomore?

Arcane

User is banned.
Beats said:
Damn that sucks bro. But are you a junior or sophomore?

I'm really a Junior, but credit wise I'm a Sophomore.

Color

Don't switch to online schooling. You may not like school now, but at least you're learning something. I had to use an online program for credit recovery, and it's absolutely terrible. It may just be me, but I didn't learn shit from it. I'd suggest against it, man.

Beats

Power member.
KillTheNoise said:
I'm really a Junior, but credit wise I'm a Sophomore.

Damn, I haven't ever heard of something like that happening.

Arcane

User is banned.
Been talking to my teachers today, I got a plan worked out to get my missing work. So that way I can turn it in and get back into the "Junior" Status, and not have to do 2 more years.

Beats said:
Damn, I haven't ever heard of something like that happening.

It's just how my school is, but that's what happens when you live in Michigan and go to a elite school. At my school if you don't do your work your fucked... Plain as that.

Beats

Power member.
KillTheNoise said:
Been talking to my teachers today, I got a plan worked out to get my missing work. So that way I can turn it in and get back into the "Junior" Status, and not have to do 2 more years.

It's just how my school is, but that's what happens when you live in Michigan and go to a elite school. At my school if you don't do your work your fucked... Plain as that.

Wow. I didn't do one homework assignment senior year and I passed with flying colors.

Establish

User is banned.
All you have to do is to find motivation. Find the right thing that will motivate you to do better im school. What do you want to be when you grow up, what career will you be taking. Think about where you want to be I'm 10 years from now. Either a good path or a bad path, fix your path my friend. It isn't too late and improve the attendance. I used to skip all the time and not try, it was actually my junior year. Just take the advice from someone that has screwed up before and I hope it pays off In the long run. Good luck dear friend.

Arcane

User is banned.
Beats said:
Wow. I didn't do one homework assignment senior year and I passed with flying colors.

Yeah I'm hoping I can get all the credits I need, so I can make senior year a blow off year. With no chance of failing...

Beats

Power member.
KillTheNoise said:
Yeah I'm hoping I can get all the credits I need, so I can make senior year a blow off year. With no chance of failing...

Yeah you definitely don't want to fail senior year.

Arcane

User is banned.
Create said:
All you have to do is to find motivation. Find the right thing that will motivate you to do better im school. What do you want to be when you grow up, what career will you be taking. Think about where you want to be I'm 10 years from now. Either a good path or a bad path, fix your path my friend. It isn't too late and improve the attendance. I used to skip all the time and not try, it was actually my junior year. Just take the advice from someone that has screwed up before and I hope it pays off In the long run. Good luck dear friend.

Yeah my 2 motivations are the letter I got, and the other is I want to graduate with my girlfriend. Cause for real though wouldn't that suck to be in the same grade as your girlfriend, and not graduate the same time she does.

Gangster

You're not the only one without motivation. Like forreals, lol

California

Power member.
My grades are ass right now . 1 A 2 B's and 3 C's my dads gonna flip

Gale

Onyx user!
Motivation, something almost every student lacks or at least true motivation. I can't help to motivate you, as I have no motivation for anything I do. But what I can say to you ( and everyone else reading this ) is that you shouldn't do something you don't want to. No matter how hard you try, if you don't want to do it then you will not get good results in the end.