• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

So my buddy just built me

CJ

Chiraqqq

User is banned.
Not into customizing computers,the build seems good IMO,
Youtube.com/OwnDizzl3

His builds are ridiculous,

Raptor

Power member.
I've been talking to you a fair bit about your possible builds. Still wondering whether an SLi solution would be better than a 770.

Doctor

User is banned.
Damn Jedi. Why do you need a good PC? Start playing Mineraft :p

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Now if you want to be a real badass, get an 800W Corsair, another GTX 770 (to SLI witht he one you have), and an AMD processor.

Capture

I think that's an amazing build. Im a little jealous about the graphic card.

Raptor

Power member.
Cannabis said:
Now if you want to be a real badass, get an 800W Corsair, another GTX 770 (to SLI witht he one you have), and an AMD processor.

800w wouldn't be necessary for a simple SLi. 800w would be necessary if he went ham with overclocking. Also, Intel processors SMASH AMD ones at higher budgets. I'm not sure why you're suggesting a downgrade. Also, another GTX and 770 wouldn't be necessary, he'd be better off with a bigger SSD/HDD - his GPU isn't going to go under 70fps on anything currently on the market, and investing several hundred more on a second one is going to have no tangible benefits.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Raptor said:
800w wouldn't be necessary for a simple SLi. 800w would be necessary if he went ham with overclocking. Also, Intel processors SMASH AMD ones at higher budgets. I'm not sure why you're suggesting a downgrade. Also, another GTX and 770 wouldn't be necessary, he'd be better off with a bigger SSD/HDD - his GPU isn't going to go under 70fps on anything currently on the market, and investing several hundred more on a second one is going to have no tangible benefits.

Nothing currently on the market, but I figure that if you're going to build a PC now you should make sure it won't need an upgrade for a while.

Raptor

Power member.
Cannabis said:
Nothing currently on the market, but I figure that if you're going to build a PC now you should make sure it won't need an upgrade for a while.

It's not that hard to add it later. AMD cores would still not be preferable.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Raptor said:
It's not that hard to add it later. AMD cores would still not be preferable.

No it wouldn't be, if you're already building it though. Yeah but I'm an AMD guy.

Raptor

Power member.
Cannabis said:
No it wouldn't be, if you're already building it though. Yeah but I'm an AMD guy.

I don't get the whole "I'm an AMD guy" thing. I get it with nVidia vs. ATI, but AMD is CLEARLY smashed at higher price ranges. I prefer the GTX GPU series over its Radeon counter-part, but I admit that Radeons are also quite good, yet with AMD I truly cannot see how they manage to sell as well as they do.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Raptor said:
I don't get the whole "I'm an AMD guy" thing. I get it with nVidia vs. ATI, but AMD is CLEARLY smashed at higher price ranges. I prefer the GTX GPU series over its Radeon counter-part, but I admit that Radeons are also quite good, yet with AMD I truly cannot see how they manage to sell as well as they do.

I've only ever had AMD and I've never been let down by it, so if it isn't broken why try to fix it is what I meant by that. They sell as well as they do because they're cheaper than Intel by a fairly significant amount.

Dunk

Dom
I think that's an amazing build. Im a little jealous about the graphic card.