• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Skateboarding Help (New skater)

Streett

User is banned.
Any information or tips, etc to help me become a better skater?

I currently have a "Walmart board", because my mom said to try it out first & see if I still like it.

I want to get a better board from css.com, any suggestions? etc.

I'm around 5'10, lean, and handsone.

I want a board that goes fast, is lightweight, & can do some easy tricks on. Thanks.

Difficult

User is banned.
handsome* you're obviously insecure about your looks if you had to mention that garbage.

Derp

Onyx user!
Insert troll: LMFAO at op.

Watch plenty of youtube how to videos on tricks, practice each until you get better. Then if you're not a complete failure then move on to a pro board otherwise you will just become a poser with a board you wasted money on just to tell others "yeah i skate" so you look cooler when if fact youre not.

Seems you're to worried about the board when you should be more worried about if you can even skate.

Color

Go to a local skateshop, they'll hook you up with what you need. Don't waste money on high end boards, buy shop decks/whatever they have for that price (like $40), krux or thunder trucks, bones wheels (no other), and cheap (mini logo) bearings. I'd also suggest learning the basics first, roll around, get your ollies and your stability down first. Don't start by trying to kickflip day 1, you'll set yourself up for failure.

Reptar

Power member.
If your 5'10" & lean, like you say, that Walmart board won't last a few days. My Friend got one awhile back, he broke it an hour after he bought it. I'd suggest considering what @Color said. Good luck man, you'll need it. :)

Fuck

User is banned.
Get like an 8.0 board, preferably Girl (my favorite.) Hook it up with some higher end trucks, if you want to fly get some Swiss Ceramic bearings. Or just get a pre-built since you are running a Walmart.

Color

Cocaine said:
Get like an 8.0 board, preferably Girl (my favorite.) Hook it up with some higher end trucks, if you want to fly get some Swiss Ceramic bearings. Or just get a pre-built since you are running a Walmart.

Size is everyone's preference, can't really say there's a right way. :p
I'd also like to suggest staying away from thise bearings. Although they're considerably better when you pay attention, they're not all too beneficial. Haha.

Streett

User is banned.
@difficult, I am a little insecure. I have a big nose & bushy eyebrows, so I tend to act cocky and say that I am just joking. I think cracking jokes is the only way people will like me. I also tend to treat females bad.

@color, I am probably just going to buy a board from css.com

@cocaine, I'll PM you soon.

Kassie

Onyx user!
Street said:
@difficult, I am a little insecure. I have a big nose & bushy eyebrows, so I tend to act cocky and say that I am just joking. I think cracking jokes is the only way people will like me. I also tend to treat females bad.

Don't do anything that you just said you do, or you're gonna have a bad time hahaha

Tadoe

Onyx user!
My very first deck was a chris cole sig board by zero with thunder trucks, spitfire wheels, and boneswiss bearings.

My current setup is
DGK Deck
Thunder Trucks
Spitfire Wheels
Ceramic Boneswiss bearings
Enjoi Hardware
Grizzly Grip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 3

Ebook

Go to your local skate shop get a board for like $40 they will set you up with everything you need. Then start practicing everyday.