• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Selling MacBook pro!

coltie2

Ex-Staff
This MacBook has been sold. Like 2 weeks ago lol

Hurt

I'm so desperate for this, I wish I had a stable source of income. That's such a good price for this. If I had the money I would pick this up ASAP. Hopefully my items listed locally will sell fast so that I can buy this before it sells on eBay.

cas

@coltie2 any idea what type of lcd it had? I own a 13in 2011 mac book air and fucked the lcd screen up so I'm trying to swap it out but I don't trust some eBay sellers and apple would charge me over $500.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
@cas the laptop works correct? If it works then go to the terminal and type this in, then follow the instructions after the string:

ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

After executing the command you should receive a set of digits and numbers. If you want to determine the manufacturer of your display, simply take the model number generated in Terminal and type it into Google. Usually various OEM part listings will show the name of the brand for your particular LCD screen.

I hope that helps friend, let me know

coltie2

Ex-Staff
A new screen for that model is only 41$ on newegg.com:) and a set of torx/mix driver tools can be found at an electronic store/ some hardware stores. Are you looking to fix it yourself? I watched a few videos on replacing the screen on a MacBook Air and it doesn't seem that bad:) why don't you like eBay haha? I feel like most people on fk don't. I have a weird obsession with eBay. @cas

Correction 43$ on newegg.com.

Package

Any chance it can be shipped to the UK?

Byte

User is banned.
Dang. I bought my Late 2010 model Air for $450 about a month ago.. wish I would have waited :(