• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

School Wifi

zyph

What is my school using to block websites? A few weeks ago I was able to just use a VPN to get onto any site but now some blocked sites just won't load. And when I turn on my VPN nothing loads 

I'm pretty confused. I don't want to use all of my data. Halp.

Evan

User is banned.
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Daimi

User is banned.
They may use a third party filter like zscaler, do you have to login to something in your browser to use the internet?

zyph

Ƥhony said:
They may use a third party filter like zscaler, do you have to login to something in your browser to use the internet?
When you connect to the internet it makes you accept terms and shit then you type in an random characters for an email then press login.

zyph

Ƥhony said:
Does it say anything along the lines of zscaler ?
Nope. When you have to accept the terms its Aruba.Master.(school initials) and that's what it's always been.

Power member.
Try downloading Freedome on the AppStore or Google Play store. You should be able to access everything just fine once you do that.

zyph

@404

Nope. Doesn't connect at all like every other VPN I've tried

coltie2

Ex-Staff
They do this on purpose. Unless your in college your not supposed to be on the schools fucking wifi. Academically approved sites wont be blocked. If you want a way around this just get on a computer and make it seem like you realllllly need to use a specific website and then watch a teach enter there passcodes to bypass the filter.
(Remember the code and use it on other computers)

As for cellphones wifi. Buy more gigs, or don't use internet.

Once again if your in college it's different, it's your rights to use the wifi. So go to a administer office and tell them you need on it/its not working and blocking you from sites.

zyph

@coltie2 Why shouldn't I be on the wifi lol? There is a main and a guest. Most teachers can't even bypass the restrictions. I'm just trying to figure out what they could be using to block websites.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
zyph said:
@coltie2 Why shouldn't I be on the wifi lol? There is a main and a guest. Most teachers can't even bypass the restrictions. I'm just trying to figure out what they could be using to block websites.
At least in Washington where I'm from, until your in college the wifi is supposed to be used only by staff and ASB. Because they don't support phones in school

Joker

In my school they used to have a code you had to put in, I remember doing as @Colties said.. I told my teacher I was ill and needed to log on to facebook to get my mums phone number because the office needed it, I put a sensor on my phone which copied what she typed automatically into the notes thus beginning my reign of any website I want.

+ I got a free day of school that day.

O F

Why is forumKorner blocked? :') It was at my school...
In elemantry I built a website for flash games and just changed the website catagory to bypass the firewall :)
I like gave the link out exclusively to prevent the word from getting out but the site was blocked after winter break :/

zyph

O F said:
Why is forumKorner blocked? :') It was at my school...
In elemantry I built a website for flash games and just changed the website catagory to bypass the firewall :)
I like gave the link out exclusively to prevent the word from getting out but the site was blocked after winter break :/
Fk actually isn't blocked at mine lol. But most forums are.

@Piece that actually works pretty well. Thanks!

Trap God

User is banned.
Most VPN's cant bypass my school wifi, cant even use tor or any of those encrypted browsers from the app store. my school has that shit tight af.

Space Time

User is banned.
Our teachers in my college don't even know the password them selves.
Only the IT guys and the spooks know, I happen to know the password but our school continuously changes it when they start to see 50+ phones linked to the wifi.
But its all chill since we find out every fucking time as their WPA2 is so shit.

Piece

cannaisseur
zyph said:
Fk actually isn't blocked at mine lol. But most forums are.

@Piece that actually works pretty well. Thanks!

No problem man. It allowed me to use the good internet during the majority of high school.